• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Meeting In Dreams Experiment

beakboo said:
That's just made me remember, I dreamed about Stu and Caroline last night, in the dream they were both blind, but dealt with it amazingly well. WTF does that mean?:confused:
I'm sorry to say this, but that is one disability I'd have real trouble getting to grips with, I really don't think I could cope with being blind. It terrifies me.

Palm House, Kew Gardens

Of course, the time was late afternoon here in California.

But, suddenly I got the overwhelming urge to make a pot of tea (which I never make in the afternoon!) and go upstairs to the computer. I checked the World Clock -- 3:44 a.m. in the UK, googled for pics of the Palm House, found them, and drifted off to sleep.

Amongst others, I met these two people in the Palm House (in the drawing linked to http://www.missionstclare.com/forteans.html). Sorry if anyone is offended by my depiction of them! The older woman was carrying a book bound in a dark blue cover.

Anyone we know?

unfamiliar with location

i dont have home internet access (plus ive been on vacation for a week), so i was unsure about the meeting location for this weeks experiment. im unfamiliar with kew gardens ...

i do distinctly remember dreaming about 'strangers' -- ie people i didnt recognize -- and being lost (which would be accurate).

are we trying again? and if so ... any info on the meeting place would be appreciated. *winces, knowing this probably sounds completely naive*

I was still suffering my Haemo-nautitical misadventure so I'm afraid I couldn't make it... (see the whinge thread).

Are you still trying this experiment as a rolling programme. I'm intrigued by this.

I'll let you know if I dream of Kew and anyone I meet.

Floyd.

I'm still doing it, and go to sleep every night (and every nap time) thinking about big old palms and suchlike. Haven't made it there yet though

Own up, just which of you jokers conspired to send me a dream of
Margaret Thatcher in a skin-coloured body-stocking? :cross eye

it could be worse...

... she couldve been wearing nothing at all, james :cross eye

still havent managed the gardens yet ... most of my dreams last night revolved around office-related matters, which isnt pleasant. i feel i should be getting paid overtime since i spend so much time working in my sleep.

James Whitehead said:
Own up, just which of you jokers conspired to send me a dream of Margaret Thatcher in a skin-coloured body-stocking? :cross eye
Sounds very nasty.

Were there any unexplained marks, or bites on your neck when you woke up?

James Whitehead said:
Own up, just which of you jokers conspired to send me a dream of
Margaret Thatcher in a skin-coloured body-stocking? :cross eye
Was this in conjunction with sleep paralysis James?

Well since I have shared the full horror of it with another member in
a PM, you might as well all have it. Or you'll imagine far worse!

It was set at a party conference and Thatcher is
pontificating on the stage, very overdressed, possibly in furs (?!)

She is in triumphalist mode and receives wild applause from the front row
by raising her hands above her head and applauding back, as it were.

Meanwhile on the back row, there are mutterings against her. Suddenly she
appears among these doubters and they change their tune, becoming
obsequious and rather over-egging the pudding. One man becomes so
enthusiastic he flirts with her then lifts her up, as if to swing her around
in a ballet. Then it happens, out of her fur? wraps falls a smaller thinner
figure in a skin-coloured body-stocking! Then, mercifully, I woke up.

Yes, yes. I prefer Jung, myself, though. :p

A little experiment...

...let's see if there are any results.

Tonight I am going to dream about:

A WOLF AND A RED HOODED CAPE

Now, time will tell if I do or not, but I thought I would mention it here to see if it lodges in anyone's own mind and turns up in their dreams.

Post if it does.:)*Sweet dreams*

Re: A little experiment...

Keyser Soze said:
...let's see if there are any results.

Tonight I am going to dream about:

A WOLF AND A RED HOODED CAPE

Well,I did not dream of this, instead I dreamt of A SWIMMING POOL SURROUNDED BY SILVER.

Anyone get anywhere close? Oh well. :eek:

Re: Re: A little experiment...

Keyser Soze said:
Well,I did not dream of this, instead I dreamt of A SWIMMING POOL SURROUNDED BY SILVER.

Anyone get anywhere close? Oh well. :eek:

Just read this thread, Keyser, and I'd like to give it a try. Anyone else? We'd have agree on some guidelines etc.
And maybe a little practise in lucid dreaming techniques.

I'd love to have a go. My dreams are always very vivid, and I do sometimes dream of here.

Cider said:
I'd love to have a go. My dreams are always very vivid, and I do sometimes dream of here.

Well done Cider. Are we all on GMT? Is it even necessary for us to be sleeping at the same time?

okay dreamnauts...

Like Bill Cosby and Sidney Pointer say, Let's Do It Again

Here are my rules, if you want to try it with me.

1) We do it this Friday night, July 23.

2) We will try to meet at a recognizable place, and I'm choosing Stonehenge again because it's mythicly recognizable as a place.

3) The time zones don't matter. I don't know how the universal unconcious, or the dream realm, or whatever you might call it works, but lets not worry about you time zone, just give it a try if this sounds interesting.

4) In basic, as you are going to sleep, think about Stonehenge, the image and lore of the place, and hopefully your dreamself will be there, potentially mingling with people from the board. After you wake up, try to post your dream here!

5) If you which, bring along a favorite item that you will think about carrying as you go to sleep, for example your favorite yellow umbrella. What's interesting is, if you don't tell anybody what you are bringing, and somebody rememberes their dream and remembers seeing a yellow umbrella, that might be some interesting confirmation of what goes on in the dream state. So don't tell anybody what you are bringing until after Friday!

Sound easy and fun? Well, let's try it!

Sounds like a good plan Mr R.I.N.G. I'll see you there! Should we get results from people before posting them to the board, to ensure no-one is influnced to remember dream things which didn't happen? (I haven't read the rest of this thread, so forgive me if I'm repeating an earlier suggestion)

Lyra said:
Sounds like a good plan Mr R.I.N.G. I'll see you there! Should we get results from people before posting them to the board, to ensure no-one is influnced to remember dream things which didn't happen? (I haven't read the rest of this thread, so forgive me if I'm repeating an earlier suggestion)

Well I would, but I think for this attempt let's just keep it to ourselves until Saturday morning and see what the results are personally.

But, yout idea is a good one and if we get a good response with this one, perhaps next attempt I'll be willing to let people PM me their item they brought along, and we can try it that way, but then people would have to trust me as far as the validity of the data... :D

I'll be having a go, and I'll have something with me, haven't decided yet, but it will be something distinctive.

See you all there!
possibly. (do the OS do maps of the collective unconscious?)

There hasn't been much interest in this, or are people planning to make a surprise appearance? :) . I'll be there, please join me, Stonhenge is spooky at night and I'm easily scared!

I guess we won't know whose going to be there until we get there, but everybody who wants to go is invited! :)

Hi,

Im new here, posted about once before but im quite up for having a go at this.

I will give it a go tonight. See if you can spot the stranger that nobody knows!

You'll be the one with the fruit basket on your head, Strangefruit!

I'll be there. Maybe I'll morph my dreamself into Freddy Kruger and freak everyone out.

Lol, I might be.

Actually I want to change my name on here. I signed up with it ages ago but never really posted. It came about due to the fact that I was about to bite an apple which turned out to be a pear (it didnt have the 'bit' on top)! It was shaped like an apple, I can tell you, it gave me quite a shock as I was expecting apple.....as you do! I was struggling to think of a name, so strangefuit was kind of apt at the time.

Sorry, gone off on one a bit there!

Back