• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

We had a couple of fierce showers. It felt thundery but there wasn't any waning of it on the forecasts and we I didn't hear any.

What you saw sounds like ball lightning! :eek:

I think you normally get that with thunder though, pity.

We have had that too, here in Brum, but no thunder or lightening (or was there:evil:)

We had a couple of fierce showers. It felt thundery but there wasn't any waning of it on the forecasts and we I didn't hear any.

What you saw sounds like ball lightning! :eek:

I think you normally get that with thunder though, pity.
Not always thunder.
Some kinds of lightning can travel a long way sideways before coming down to ground.

Don't let the curmudgeon troll drive you away.

Rynner wasn't trolling, but he was unnecessarily dismissive. It would be better to request the detail you don't have than branding the post 'useless'.

That notwithstanding, we also don't need to be calling one another 'curmudgeon troll', even if you do think it truly warranted.

I was thinking meteor, maybe

Thanks escargot1. This is exactly why i only wrote a little account, i've had a terrible week and just wanted to get my small experience down before I forgot to tell it. Also, I thought someone would say "oh its just this...".

In New Zealand they had a bright green light whizzing past on A horizontal trajectory which was spotted by a fair few people. Official sources said it was a Russian resupply rocket, but most think it was a meteor.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2017/02/meteor-may-have-been-a-russian-rocket.html

Rynner wasn't trolling, but he was unnecessarily dismissive. It would be better to request the detail you don't have than branding the post 'useless'.

That notwithstanding, we also don't need to be calling one another 'curmudgeon troll', even if you do think it truly warranted.

But we can call him "a grumpy old sod" though? I've been doing that for years.

But we can call him "a grumpy old sod" though? I've been doing that for years.
He titled himself that .. sort of .. so you might get away with it if you use it sporadically I suppose? .. in 'warm' ways..

Last edited:
Weird synchronicity.

I was reading through a post on another site where I had described a hard landing on a flight to Greece,

and had got to where I surmised the pilot had thought

....damned if I'm going around again. let's get the wheels on the concrete.'

The music I'm listening to as background music today, at exactly the same time, 'In Search of The Lost Chord' : Moody Blues, was playing...

He'll take you up, he'll bring you down.
He'll put your feet back firmly on the ground.

From the track 'Legend Of A Mind'.'

What are the odds ?

INT21

He titled himself that .. sort of .. so you might get away with it if you use it sporadically I suppose? .. in 'warm' ways..

I tell him straightforwardly that he is a rude man, especially when he personally insults me. Nobody has the right to address others on here as if they are lesser beings.

This early morning's walk resulted in me noticing that one of the brand-new nature trail wooden benches was covered in a small quantity of inarguable (and quite large) muddy cloven hoof-prints.

Much bigger than a badger's, maybe slightly bigger than a young deer's , definitely not as big as a stag.

So if it was a demon, it probably wasn't Old Nick himself. I suppose it might've been a faun...

Strange, The profile looks the same as before.

(Cold shiver runs down spine)

An investigation at the highest level needed.

INT21:eek:

Or have I never noticed the 'r' at the end ?
It's always been there, but for most of the time it's been written in white pixels, which is the modern equivalent of invisible ink. So most people didn't notice.

If you'd ever done a full copy/paste of the raw HTML, or if you've been reading the forum via a legacy browser such as Pine, it'd come as no surprise. Or Netscape Navigator without the Java plug-ins.

Yup the R has just appeared,
But: if you'd ever been looking at your monitor or smartphone whilst wearing proper Polaroid sunglasses, or, ever taken a brass-rubbing of the screen with a crayon held sideways, you'd've seen it straightaway.

Plus, 'The Intruder' is what I always refer to myself as, when talking in the fourth person.

Anyway, I blame the Tories.

Shady,

Seems a rather fishy explanation to me.

I don't recall the extra 'r' being there in the 'members on line now' column. And the names there are white on a blue background.

INT21

It's always been there, but for most of the time it's been written in white pixels, which is the modern equivalent of invisible ink. So most people didn't notice.

If you'd ever done a full copy/paste of the raw HTML, or if you've been reading the forum via a legacy browser such as Pine, it'd come as no surprise. Or Netscape Navigator without the Java plug-ins. ...

:BS: :creepy: :BS:

BUSTED! :evil:

Ermintrude-170205.jpg

Clearly I've no full explanation as to why an earlier cached version is minus what I always saw as being the last letter. It may be some kind of a 9% online sales tax effect or a gratuity reduction.

And the names there are white on a blue background.
Exactly my point.

And it may also have been something to do with your screen resolution...

Many people make higher screen resolutions they never keep, every New Financial Year, with the best of intentions. They'll happily click on either of the options "If you can read this your settings are correct" or "Reverting to original settings in 10 seconds" with an equally-relaxed attitude as to the possible consequences.

Last letters of words can the sometime b randoml cut of .

Anyway, that's it, we're into a new year now, so make sure you're ready for Easter....

Weird synchronicity.

I was reading through a post on another site where I had described a hard landing on a flight to Greece,

and had got to where I surmised the pilot had thought

....damned if I'm going around again. let's get the wheels on the concrete.'

The music I'm listening to as background music today, at exactly the same time, 'In Search of The Lost Chord' : Moody Blues, was playing...

He'll take you up, he'll bring you down.
He'll put your feet back firmly on the ground.

From the track 'Legend Of A Mind'.'

What are the odds ?

INT21
Ahhh Moody Blues mmm... I take it you're not 20 something then :)

Pete,

I am, but it is a very big something.;)

INT21

Ermintrude(r),

...Many people make higher screen resolutions they never keep, every New Financial Year...
I like that one.

Are you sure you are not really Sean Spicer ?

INT21:)

Pete,

I'm 72. Guess you lose.

I claim ownership of all your camels and harem dancers; well, all those less than thirty year old.

The girls, not the camels.

INT21:glee:

Pete,

I'm 72. Guess you lose.

I claim ownership of all your camels and harem dancers; well, all those less than thirty year old.

The girls, not the camels.

INT21:glee:
You can have the camels - I'm keeping the harem. (Going way off topic)

Today I met a favourite old art teacher of mine, someone I had thought long-dead, through cancer.

I was wrong.

He has now got more hair than ever, looks at least a decade or two younger than he is, and remembers me and my siblings from school with flawless uncheatable accuracy. In spring and summer, he paints in watercolours. In the winter, it's oils...because: he must, and so must we all.

Meeting him briefly, just to chat, has been possibly the most positive thing that's happened to me, in person, for years. :clap:

Are you sure you are not really Sean Spicer ?
No, I'm older, wiser, smarter and not currently an OF-4.

ps in autumn he uses pastels and crayon....obviously

Last edited:
Back