• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

kamalktk

Antediluvian
A model builder says his replica Titanic is haunted. ;) It is a rather nice model.
http://wtkr.com/2012/06/14/portsmouth-man-says-titanic-replica-could-be-haunted/

"It’s been 100 years since the RMS Titantic struck an iceberg and sent more than 1,500 souls to their watery graves.

In 2004, a Portsmouth man completed a replica of the ship – nine feet long, weighing more than 200 pounds.

But according to the builder — the museum quality replica has recently acquired something that may now qualify it as a ‘ghost ship’. Who knows what lurks inside this replica of the ill fated RMS Titanic?

The builder told Barbara Ciara that you can’t see it with the naked eye, but he took a photograph of the boat that revealed what he thinks are two ghostly images.

Wyatt Jason Moore, better known as Chuck, says he discovered the spooky images just recently.

“I couldn’t make it out until I looked at it very carefully and I found it was a bald headed man with a handle bar mustache, and I said to myself, what’s he doing there? Maybe it was someone that was aboard the Titanic that found a new home for himself.”

It took 17,368 hours and over nine years to build the replica. Chuck took on the project after seeing the old black and white 1958 movie ‘A Night to Remember.’

Chuck, a retired architectural draftsman, studied old photographs of the Titantic and began his quest to build a spitting image of the vessel."

What's better than a ghost? Two tiny little replica ghosts!

I'm confused as to whether these are real ghosts that have relocated from the Titanic and shrunk themselves, if they came from the hobby shop where he got his kit parts, or if he's cleverly modelled them to scale from some old ectoplasm he had in his shed.

The FT should consider giving some of these microghosts away in cover blister packs with a future issue.

According to the Mail...

Relatives of Mr Moore think the photograph of the can be explained by a reflection, but he says the portholes aren't covered in glass. He just tells the non-believers to 'suit yourself.'

Two years ago, he tried to sell it on Craigslist for $263,000.'

Back