• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Moon Landing: Hoaxed?

Startling new evidence

Not only were the landings faked, but NASA are suppressing evidence that alien life forms were discovered. See here. ;)

Hooded Claw,
I take back everything I said earlier - nice one!

Regards
The Boggart

I must agree with The Boggart, and thank TheHoodedClaw for bringing such startling new evidence to light.

Hehe, looks like something from a children´s programme. I was just reading about the lunar artifacts thing though, and it seemed rather weird. Perhaps the weirdest thing was how they could make anything out of those blurry shapes.

moon

The Van Alleyn belt surrounds the earth and a living organism would 20 sq metres of lead around them in order to survive going through it. The photographs were all supposedly taken on the moon, what about x-rays, they`re all around you in space? When asked " how did you protect the film from the x-rays " the answer NASA gave was "we coated them in magnesium"
"how did you know this would work" Nasa-" look at the pictures" this seems a wholly in adequate explanation to this problem. All sorts of other stuff is questionable about all the Apollo missions I cannot say that I subscribe to any of these theories, but the pure fact that there are so many discrepencies about Apollo 11 has put enough doubt in my mind to leave me sceptical about the whole space program in general and NASAs prevalence in the introduction of new technologies, does nobody else on the planet invent anything?

Fox TV (yes, the alien autopsy folks) are big promoters of the moon hoax theory. That should tell you something about its credibility.

"We'll sell it to Fox! They'll buy anything!" - Bart Simpson

I note that no one has questioned the idea that the moon
pictures were at the very least doctored.

No explanation has been forthcoming of why this should be.

I reiterate the point that if a medium is caught cheating, all
his or her claims to special powers are regarded as void.

To link this kind of scepticism with the alien autopsy rot is
grossly dishonest. Guilt by association with a tv company which
was led by profit motives to buy the US rights to a stinky hoax?

Is that the best case you can make? I preferred the Clangers.

:blah:

Xanatic says "Hehe, looks like something from a children´s programme."

This person needs educating! Children's programme?? I think NOT! This programme advance some of the best ideas about how to survive on a planet far, far away. Surely the drinking of dragon's soup and the environmentally friendly salvaging of space junk were lessons to all would be space explorers.

Meanderer said:
Xanatic says "Hehe, looks like something from a children´s programme."

This person needs educating! Children's programme?? I think NOT! This programme advance some of the best ideas about how to survive on a planet far, far away. Surely the drinking of dragon's soup and the environmentally friendly salvaging of space junk were lessons to all would be space explorers.

So you think he may have dropped a clanger there? :D

How did they get the car on the moon?

How did NASA get the car on the moon?
It could fit on a saturn 5 rocket.
It wasn't on the lander.
If the sent a precursory rocket, why didn't they send more stuff?

I seem to recall that the rover was folded up on the side of the lander, much like a portable cycle. The astronaughts then had to unload it and assemble it. Here is a picture of the rover... midway along the frame, between the front and rear wheels you can see where it was bolted together.

Niles

Actually there is something about the faking of the moon landing on Danish TV tonight, and there also was some on the radio a while ago. I feel we Danes are becoming dumber every day.

The best argument against a faking is that if it was a hoax, it was a very badly made one. Like the mention about the crosses. I haven´t seen those pictures myself, but NASA consists of the brightest heads we have, and they shouldn´t even be able to draw a cross on a photograph? And even the worst B-movie directors remember to put fake stars in space.

And as for crater, how much crater do you expect with a hard rock surface? They _landed_ on the moon, they didn´t crash. And the astronauts did have some radiation problems, but they took the risk.

I also looked at the homepage of some guys that believe alien structures was found up there. I went expecting to find computer-enchanced images showing a city floating in the sky. Instead they show pictures of what looks more like clouds or light reflexes. I know there´s no clouds up there, but it certainly didn´t have anything resembling a structure.

Moon Landing Hoax

Why is it so difficult for some people to accept that we've landed on the Moon? Seeing Capricorn One, I suppose. Before we know it, they'll be saying the Earth isn't flat. Sigh.

;)

'Diamonds are Forever' only featured the (fairly inexplicable) moon landing sequence in the movie. When did that come out - 1972, was it? As we said, not long after the event, so the idea must have been present in popular culture.

I'd be interested in checking out precedent; did any other major historical events run into accusations of fraud prior to this?

Well, many of the photos that are voted The Years Best Press Photo have been of historical events. The Vietnam War, Kosovo and such. And it seems almost all of them have been shown to have been constructed afterwards.

moon landing

I don't suppose for a second that the moon landings were faked. As Djinna pointed out, the Apollo spacecrafts' progress out of earth orbit and to the moon and back could have been tracked by good old-fashioned optical telescopes, and also by monitoring radio & TV signals - which I doubt were encrypted in those days. Without a doubt the Russians were following the missions closely, and would have loved the chance to expose them as a hoax.
As for the discrepencies in the photographs, I seem to remember a couple of articles in Fortean Times which convincingly debunked the 'Secret TV Studio' theories. Not that you should believe everything you read....

I'd recommend 'A Fire on the Moon' by Norman Mailer to anyone interested in Apollo 11. It's quite a Fortean book.

Only just caught on to this...

Sorry to resurrect this one, but have a pet theory that one or two others have touched on.
Basically, the US did get to the Moon, but not until Apollo 14.
Faked 11, cos if they hadn't the USSR would have got there first. Cost 'em loadsamoney, but political kudos was at stake: did send rocket up, but didn't go all the way. Needed Hollywood's expertise, hence "Diamonds are Forever" reference: besides, as has been pointed out, if you show the Apollo 11 film at 2x speed, it looks like two blokes in space suits running about a desert at night under spotlights; puffs of dust behave like, well, terrestrial puffs of dust, etc.
12 was sent as far as Moon, wasn't meant to land, just for close range shufti and to test if rad shields worked that far out: didn't want to go to expense of faking pictures again, so did it all in sound, which is a damn sight cheaper, and claimed equipment frizzed out.
13 was, ironically, meant to land, but we all know what happened to that.
So 14 did land, in glorious technicolor.
First man on the Moon? Pete Conrad.
Or possibly Andy Kaufman...

No way could anyone in a space suit get piccies that good using a fully-manual HASSLEBLAD.

First off, it was a 500EL. Not a fully manual camera. It has a power winder.

Secondly, this wasn't some off-the-shelf 500CM. It was HEAVILY modified.

I mean the turned the damn thing into an incredibly expensive box camera. And it was designed to be handled by people in a space suit.

Check out - This site

and This site

It's not just as astronaughts who've been to the moon...

Various remote viewers have been as well. And they all say the same thing...

There's stuff on the moon... and it belongs to THEM.

Originally posted by DanHigginbottom

I'd be interested in checking out precedent; did any other major historical events run into accusations of fraud prior to this?

Did Columbus discover America, I think not, it was..
The Welsh.
The Chinese.
The Vikings....

I read (somewhere) that the main reason the 1st manned Luna excursion 'might' have been faked was 'cos the USA could not/would not risk a disaster/failure.

The cost was irrelevant.

Apparently there was an actual launch - but the Apollo crew spent a few days orbiting the Earth before returning.

Still a bit risky if you ask me.

I want to believe!

Recommended 'reading' - "FULL MOON by Michael Light" 900 photos hand picked from the 32000+ taken on the Apollo missions.

p.younger said:
The Welsh.
The Chinese.
The Vikings....
Everybody but the Spaniards! Don't forget St. Brendan...

p.younger said:
The Welsh.
The Chinese.
The Vikings....

I think that there is a good chance that it was actually those folk who crossed the Bering Straits and then headed south (to become the Native Americans, Mayans, Incas, Aztecs, etc.)
:)

To answer Dan regarding accusations of historical fraud;
Unfortunately Dan, there are people out there who belive the Holocaust was faked! That's the big one that springs to mind....

Or possibly Andy Kaufman...

Hey Andy did you hear about this one... bloody REM. :) I've mentioned on other threads that that blasted song seems to be haunting my MP3 player. I've now removed it from my playlist and what happens - I'm innocently browsing a serious topic and the song is mentioned! Aaagggggghhhhh.

Sorry, that was uncalled for off-thread humour. Back to topic...

I was the grand old age of 2 years and 3 months when Neil and Buzz set foot on the moon. It's one of my earliest memories - watching the footage on a neighbour's black & white TV; being sent to bed because I cried when they said "the eagle has landed" (what would the eagle breathe?).

Was it real? Yes. Were some photos "enhanced"? Yes. Are there alien artefacts on the moon that NASA doesn't want us to see? Probably not.

It is of course the "probably" that keeps fortean research alive and well. And long may it continue.

Jane.

Back