• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Moon Landing: Hoaxed?

Hear hear.
And sorry for reminding you about REM, Jane.
I've got the same problem with Kylie....

Stu

webfoot said:
To answer Dan regarding accusations of historical fraud;
Unfortunately Dan, there are people out there who belive the Holocaust was faked! That's the big one that springs to mind....

Yeah, course it was. Millions of people lying really, really still for a laugh...can see it now.:rolleyes:

One thing this thread has barely touched on: did the astronauts see things that have not been revealed to the public? I ran a search and came up with these sites, each of which provided at least food for thought....or a chuckle or two

http://www.think-aboutit.com/ufo/us_astronauts_see_ufos.htm

http://www.cazekiel.org/eceti/nasa.htm

http://ufos.about.com/library/weekly/aa103000a.htm

http://www.anomalous-images.com/astroufo.html

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/astro3.html

lots more when I ran the search.

Question: If (and I say IF) the astronauts were consistently seeing UFOs on their missions, why have none of them come forward to reveal these things "officially" or at least in a very public forum, like 20/20 or Time Magazine or something?

DONKAMELEON said:
The issue of the flags which appear to be moving has always intrigued me, because is there actually any live footage of a flag blowing in the breeze?

An astronomer told me the top of the flag was stiffened - you can see the casing when you know what to look for.

Another good source of reference is "Apollo and the Whistleblowers" (sorry can't remember the authors)

Papa Lazarou said:
An astronomer told me the top of the flag was stiffened - you can see the casing when you know what to look for.

The stiffening in the flag, was quite apparent during the original live landing broadcasts, an astronaut pressed a catch & the flag popped open.

The comentator, may even have remarked about it at the time, for those who didn't know the moon is airless!!!!

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but can someone explain how, when the lander was taking off from the moon, the camara that filmed the take off was able to follow it upward, there being no one there to controll it.

The camera was controlled remotely at mission control here on Earth. The operator pressed a button to pan the camera upwards a few seconds before lift off.

He pushed a button 'during' the countdown (at around 5 I think) - not on 'zero' to allow for the transmission time delay.

Videos at the ready!

Monday morning, 2.30 a.m., BBC1, Sky at Night - Patrick Moore and chum to (quote) "validate the Apollo landings".

Wonder what they'll conclude?(bear in mind the date: could the BBC be having a post -ironic joke sesh?)

What did the above program conclude then lads?

Also If the americans saw these UFOs, in space and on the moon (see earlier links), wonder if we will hear about what China find when they have a space station and moon base in a few years time!

Also is there anyway to listen to what is going on between the IIS and Ground control, or the shuttle? or is it encrypted?

cheers,

Bigdunk.

Didn't a large amount of Apollo astronuats suffer nervous breakdowns, drug or drink addictions, and so on, after returning from the Moon (or Area 51 if you perfer)

chatsubo said:
Didn't a large amount of Apollo astronuats suffer nervous breakdowns, drug or drink addictions, and so on, after returning from the Moon (or Area 51 if you perfer)

I think a lot of them became very spiritual. I read a book years ago called something like 'Apollo and the whistleblowers' (unfortunately I can't rememeber the exact title-sorry). Anyway this book put forth a lot of 'evidence' that the moon landings were faked. It also stated that a lot of the Apollo astronauts became very withdrawn and depressed. The authors put this down to a guilty consiounce (spelling?) due to their part in fooling the world.

Was it called "Dark Moon. Apollo And The Whistleblowers" by Mary Bennet/David S Percey?

I heard a rumour that we were to be told that the Moon
is really Patrick Moore's behind.

Whether men have landed on it and been chased away by a
a big brown monster is a matter of conjecture for those
early hours after The Sky at Night has faded into a little
dot in a reversal of the Big Bang. :eek!!!!:

Can the lander base(s) and the rover be seen from earth with a telescope, and what magnification would it have to be to do so?

bigdunk

bigdunk said:
Can the lander base(s) and the rover be seen from earth with a telescope, and what magnification would it have to be to do so?

bigdunk
Maybe from the Hubble. But NASA might get a bit sketchy about you using it to prove that they are lying bastards

Foul Ole Ron said:
I think a lot of them became very spiritual. I read a book years ago called something like 'Apollo and the whistleblowers' (unfortunately I can't rememeber the exact title-sorry). Anyway this book put forth a lot of 'evidence' that the moon landings were faked. It also stated that a lot of the Apollo astronauts became very withdrawn and depressed. The authors put this down to a guilty consiounce (spelling?) due to their part in fooling the world.

Someone once told me (FOAF...Etc!!) that Neil Armstrong heard the sound of 'Trumpets', just prior to re-entering the earths Atmosphere. He spent years trying to figure out what it was, until he met a muslim Cleric (On shaky ground here- i think i'm making this bit up :-0 ) who told him it was the call of Allah... er. i'm lost now. Anyhow - the Upshot is he became a Muslim Something of a recluse... Anyone else know the story????

On a slightly differnt note, I have a wonderful book, called 'The home Planet' full of Magnificent Photos from space (& the Moon), with Quotes from Various Astronauts. The overwhelming Jist of this is that they had all been touched in a very Spiritual way by their experience. Quite Moving.

bigdunk said:
bigdunk

Some of the first Apollo landers left laser reflectors on the moons surface, that can & are still be used up to date. They were originally intended as rangefinders to provide an exact distane to the moons surface.

4imix said:
Someone once told me (FOAF...Etc!!) that Neil Armstrong heard the sound of 'Trumpets', just prior to re-entering the earths Atmosphere. He spent years trying to figure out what it was, until he met a muslim Cleric (On shaky ground here- i think i'm making this bit up :-0 ) who told him it was the call of Allah... er. i'm lost now. Anyhow - the Upshot is he became a Muslim Something of a recluse... Anyone else know the story????
Yes, I've heard it, and it's a UL. Try this site and this one for info.

MY theory...

The USA sent men up to the moon.

They didn't like what they saw.

They faked moon landings.

It is strange that they have not sent more people up. Todays rockets are 16 times more efficient than the Saturn 5. It will be interesting to see if the Chinese land on the moon or the USA intervenes and prevents them. THen we will know the truth....

It is strange that they have not sent more people up.

There was a book, "Alien Agenda" by Jim Marrs, that claims they were warned off by aliens living inside the moon (which is hollow and really a spaceship guided there by aliens, obviously) :roll:

What about the Ruskies?

I remember hearing about the Russians sabotaging the own mission to the moon on accounts of being 'warned off from visiting' according to some russian space agency whistleblowers. They claimed that the americans only made a quick touchdown on the moon to satisfy the masses but were also supposedly warned off.

acid trip quality

The moon landing creation has a ...quality... to it. An LSD-soaked quality like the Man In Black who tucks a scoop of marmalade in his breast pocket for further analysis.

That the errors are so glaring is a big part of it. Childlike. The rocket that thunders away from Earth with tons of fuel exploding in flame, and the lander that just 'hops' away from the moon... which has a good 1/10th the gravity.

It's dreamlike. Where a person might dream of something that they don't really understand so their mind fills in the difficult bits with little simplicities.

__STILL NO STARS__

There are still no stars on NASA broadcasts to my knowledge. It would surely be such a beautiful sight. Such denial.

__FOREVER IN THE DARK__

An issue with cover-ups such as these is that it seems they can NEVER be recanted. If they were officially revealed now then 30 years of top brass would be revealed as complicit. In 20 years it will be 50 years of top brass.

It's if there are cover-ups on more important issues such as Mars structures that this becomes a real problem, because it would seem that the decision has already been made that the people are NEVER to know.

I found that by typing "moon landing hoax skeptic" into google I got many, many pages that go into point by point refutations of every claim made by the "we never went to the moon" brigade.

As for stars not appearing in Nasa broadcasts, there are stars aplenty in Hubble images. You wouldn't expect to see stars in photographs with the exposure times necessary for catching astronauts on film and not having them blur - you can prove this for yourself by taking a picture at night on Earth.

But isn't it an interesting idea that the people who had the power and resources to stage such an elaborate hoax, was apparently too stupid to put some fake stars in the sky.

It's a lot more difficult than you might think to put fake stars in the sky, especially with a moving camera, and where the exact time is known to the second on a 'live' broadcast.

Astronomy education is very widespread, and any anomaly would be POUNCED on!

Put simply, the U.S would have been CRAZY to spend all that money on going to the moon (which had the stated SOLE purpose of raising morale) when they could have instead have done what they did.

Which was to ask congress for the funds, fake it, and spend the money on anti-communism black-ops instead.

I've written before about having an agenda on here. I don't have an agenda in this, it's just what I know to be right!

you dont need to put fake stars...if you made the fake stars have the correct luminosity for ahrd vacuum you still wouldnt get them on film due to the physical limitation of the film used. Basically, it would be more anomalous to see stars. The guys who say you should see them clearly have no idea about photographic chemistry or the limitations of same compared to the human eye.

As to the rest of it... the manned space program was cheap. Less money than the US gives to Israel per annum based on US treasury reports. Was that contentious or was that contentious? <evil grin>

8¬)

ok, I'M willing to admit that I don't have the photographic background to know whether a camera would pick up stars from the moon or not, although I'm damn sure one would see them with the naked eye. We need some imperical data, as I'm pretty sure you're making an assumption too.

that WAS contentious! I heard that quote recently too, and I really don't think it's point was how cheap Apollo was :)

"the Apollo Program cost about $64 billion in today's dollars" (source). To my mind, the circumstantial evidence/thought experiment of "No way! If I was America in 1969 I'd spend it on anti-commie black-ops instead" is enough to convict ALONE!

Back