• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New Movie Trailers

The Phantom of the Opera

You have to watch some ads to see it, but it's pretty cool... based on the musical, btw, so I suppose your enjoyment of THAT will directly impact your enjoyment of THIS

Phantom looks good, although I wish it wasn't the musical. I can't stand Lloyd-Webber.:rolleyes:

I take it the film has been padded somewhat from the story.

It looks more like Thunderbirds than the actual Thunderbirds movie does.

Wonder if they got Anderson involved, or just ripped off the "look and feel"?

Re: National Treasure trailer

VandalSavage said:
Must contact the Wold Newton Meteoric Society at once ...

Just finished reading "Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic life"

Terrific book

:)

The most hated movie (of all time?) THE BROWN BUNNY now has a trailer out. It's also causing controversy, from IMDB news:

Outrage Over 'Brown Bunny' Sex Poster

Community leaders in Los Angeles are fuming after a giant poster was erected in Hollywood showing Chloe Sevigny performing oral sex on Brown Bunny co-star Vincent Gallo. The 60 foot poster has appeared on Sunset Boulevard next to the exclusive Chateau Marmont Hotel - to advertise the controversial film which stunned viewers at this year's Cannes Film Festival and will hit limited cinemas in America this month. But local activists have threatened to tear the raunchy hording down. The movie has provoked outrage because it features a graphic ten minute scene in which Sevigny actually performs fellatio on Brown Bunny director Gallo. But Sevigny recently defended the film's use of graphic sex: "There are a lot of misconceptions about the film. Most of the people who have been writing about it haven't even seen the film. When people do see it, they will realize that the sex in the movie is not in any way gratuitous, that is a truly heartbreaking movie. I am proud of it."

The truly Fortean thing about all this is how any man could maintain an erection in the same room as Chloe Sevigny.

Originally posted by Mr. R.I.N.G.
Community leaders in Los Angeles are fuming after a giant poster was erected...

fnar, fnar

VandalSavage said:
And we used to make fun of nerdy guys who directed themselves in independent films ...

Let's face it if you were going to write, direct and star in a film, this would probably be high up on your list of must haves.

Emotional devleopment, strong characterisation, a couple of macguffins to move the plot along, oh and a scene of hardcore oral sex performed on the director. Film school 101.

Actually I always thought the actress blowing the director was supposed to take place off screen prior to said director casting her in part?

VandalSavage said:
"Vincent Gallo Will Perform Live". ...

Once more with feeling!

I dunno it all leaves a bad taste in your mouth doesn't it?

someone was bound to say it eventually

I dunno about you guys, but I'm off to get me an Equity card.

Rats! I can't get that to open. Is it me or your link, Oz?

Edit: Nevermind Darling it works now. Obviously an operator error.

Back