• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New Thunderbirds Series For ITV

Rushed? It was a love Letter to the fans. When the satellite was replaced it started showing a rerun of Stingray. Then we had the underwater lab with the Eagle nose cone.
Weta, and I'm sure, the CGI team are well capable of creating a LOTR realism but there's a stylistic choice here and a bit of a tilt shift and a pre-planned crappiness about this I rather like.

Sorry but have to disagree. I think it was a car crash (a pink Rolls colliding with a corkscrew-nosed digger thing, to be precise.) Lady Penelope looks about 15, Rosamund Pike notwithstanding, and what in the name of all that's holy is going on with Brains? That accent? Punjabi, Welsh, or South African? Or all three in one sentence. Highlight for me? Ms Pike intoning the following line: "After your father's...accident.." which caused me to blow cola from my nose. They haven't even kept the bloody music!

David Baddiel wrote next weeks. I'm not sure if I want to watch or not.

Sorry but have to disagree. I think it was a car crash (a pink Rolls colliding with a corkscrew-nosed digger thing, to be precise.) Lady Penelope looks about 15, Rosamund Pike notwithstanding, and what in the name of all that's holy is going on with Brains? That accent? Punjabi, Welsh, or South African? Or all three in one sentence. Highlight for me? Ms Pike intoning the following line: "After your father's...accident.." which caused me to blow cola from my nose. They haven't even kept the bloody music!

David Baddiel wrote next weeks. I'm not sure if I want to watch or not.

The first scene with the pink tolls seemed pointless.

Bring back the old Brains!

Rushed? It was a love Letter to the fans. When the satellite was replaced it started showing a rerun of Stingray. Then we had the underwater lab with the Eagle nose cone.
Weta, and I'm sure, the CGI team are well capable of creating a LOTR realism but there's a stylistic choice here and a bit of a tilt shift and a pre-planned crappiness about this I rather like.

Yes I agree it is a love letter to fans and it does look cool. But lets hope there are a few two-parter episodes in the future.

Nope, do tell :p
I always wondered, what would happen if someone was diving in at the time that the swimming pool moved :p

They would get all their strings tangled up. Bud..Dah..Dum...Tissh!

While I hate to interrupt this lover's tiff, I feel the need to gooseberry in... They actually said in the show 'We're hanging by a thread'.

Peter Cook and Dudley Moore did the strings Thunderbirds thing in the late sixties.
Do a bit better please. This isn't some shitty twattiface site.

While I hate to interrupt this lover's tiff, I feel the need to gooseberry in... They actually said in the show 'We're hanging by a thread'.

Peter Cook and Dudley Moore did the strings Thunderbirds thing in the late sixties.
Do a bit better please. This isn't some shitty twattiface site.

No swearing please and I`ll do it just how I choose jimy1.

I'll stop swearing when you get my name right. And I'll refer to Shitter And Fuckbook how I want thank you.

You've got 24 hours to sort the internet out and I'm going to pair you with a complete opposite who may get shot about a third of the way through your mission but you BETTER COME UP WITH SOMETHING WITTY as you dispatch the perp.

50 years :eek: And looking at the pics they kinda look wrong, but, what can we expect, its a new generation, must cater to them. At least they are keeping the Clangers close to the original

Yes, I`d like to see a remake of Captain Scarlet back on the TV -strings, models and all.

I didn't think it was too bad, breathlessly paced but they lived up to the rescue bit and then some. Liked the mix of live models and animation, made it more distinctive. Is Kayo meant to be Tintin, then? Not that Tintin. Nice to hear David Graham as Parker, he must be a hundred years old but still sounds the same. Poor old Jeff, though, you put in all the hard work setting it up and they write you out!

One problem: when's the next episode on? I can't find it to put it in my programme guide!

Coincidence: as I write this Bomb the Bass's Beat Dis is played on the radio, which samples the Thunderbirds countdown.

Jim and George - enough now. Play nicely, please. Back to the (now) non-stringathon.

Stringathon. The single funniest word I've ever read, in a review of an animated version of Thunderbirds on the TV Cream site.

Tried really hard to read out the passage to someone but was just too breathless with laughter. :D

Daily Mail has a story that the rest of the series is to be moved to 8am.
That scheduling seems a little odd. A lot of kidults are taking to Twitter to show their disapproval.

I actually liked the Thunderbirds movie that came out a few years back and the Busted sound track did well too. I watched it on TV though, wasn't going to visit the cinema...

Daily Mail has a story that the rest of the series is to be moved to 8am.
That scheduling seems a little odd. A lot of kidults are taking to Twitter to show their disapproval.

I'm still at a loss to work out when the next episode is on. The Radio Times website was no help. As to the scheduling, ITV successfully killed the not bad Captain Scarlet remake by burying it in the morning, so their commercial instincts remain undimmed even now.

Back