• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

No Marking Notifications As "Read"

Sid

Justified & Ancient
I don't know if this is a problem with all or not, but when I used to mark notifications as "read" they used to grey out. But now I notice that they don't, which makes it a bit confusing when your not sure which ones you've read and which ones you've not read?

I don't know if this is a problem with all or not, but when I used to mark notifications as "read" they used to grey out. But now I notice that they don't, which makes it a bit confusing when your not sure which ones you've read and which ones you've not read?
Just click on the 'What's new' arrow and click 'New posts'.
The list of posts you haven't read is displayed. All the ones you have read will be removed from the list.

Just click on the 'What's new' arrow and click 'New posts'.
The list of posts you haven't read is displayed. All the ones you have read will be removed from the list.
Ah, I was trying to mark as read after opening the 'alerts,' reading each notification, then marking as read from there in alerts, whereas before it used to grey-out. Thank you... hope it works!:comphit:

Yes - the display and selection protocol changed with the last forum software update. For more on this issue see the discussion in the general Forum Functionality thread starting with this post from 10 May:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ical-problems-known-issues.64966/post-2067423

Back