• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Noises In My Lane: Audible Strangeness In Ammanford

Wait.. what was he on and where can I get some? (says I in whispering mode)

You'll need a degree of sight loss. Could be arranged!

Trouble is, you don't get to choose your hallucination. You might not get the nubile nymph. No telling WHAT might roll up.

You'll need a degree of sight loss. Could be arranged!

Trouble is, you don't get to choose your hallucination. You might not get the nubile nymph. No telling WHAT might roll up.

You might get Sven instead... or even a naked Humph. No disrespect to the great host, but naked..?

Ammanford is in Carmarthenshire. No local significance as far as I am aware, though there are quite a lot of people of Welsh origin or descent in Gloucester, myself included. Gloucester is very near Wales, of course.

An update to the “Ammanford haunted house/screaming in basement” story:

“A mysterious house that caused its owners to flee Wales has now been sold.

The property, in College Street in Ammanford, went to auction on May 18 after the owners announced they wanted to move on with their lives.

Married couple Alan and Christine Tait had always wanted to retire in Wales and when the fire damaged property came up in 2007, they knew it had potential. They planned to renovate the building and turn it into a four-bedroom B&B, while they lived in a flat together on site.

But, for the past three years, the couple have refused to step one foot in their dream homebecause of the peculiar noises they said were coming from beneath the basement. Instead, the Taits - who are in their mid-60s - have been touring the UK in a van trying to raise awareness of the sinister activities they believe are happening underground - that men, women and children are living, sleeping and working underneath the house.”

1_RM_260619_Ammanford_House_027.jpg

The property

0_JS186442116jpgid-t-obe-coming-from.jpg

The entrance to the the basement where the noises were said to be coming from

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/house-people-claimed-could-hear-20630187

maximus otter

Attachments

• 1_RM_260619_Ammanford_House_027.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 0_JS186442116jpgid-t-obe-coming-from.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 8
An update to the “Ammanford haunted house/screaming in basement” story...

Given that you can also hear traffic noise quite clearly in the recording included in the report, then - unless the Taits are suggesting that the A483 has been diverted through their basement - there's clearly a possibility that the other noises recorded are also coming from outside, rather than underneath.

Reports appear to employ the emotive but actually quite generic term, 'screams' - but the linked video is clearly recorded in daylight hours and the noises sound more like the squeals of playing children. It may be no coincidence that there is a park with a pitch of some sort, and what looks like tennis courts, out the back of the building in question.

The knocking is quite clearly an impact driver, SDS drill or drill on a hammer setting being used in a neighbouring property - possibly with some old school analogue hammering as well.

It's hard to tell exactly, but to me the basement looks more like a subfloor void than an actual basement - the latter term generally used for an area that can actually be stood up in an utilised as a living/working space.

The building is an absolute shithole. I can't help thinking that this is a case of a couple of retirees with overblown expectations, exacerbated by a severe underestimation of the efforts involved, realising that they have bitten of way more than they could chew and looking for any excuse to do a runner.

Last edited:
Given that you can also hear traffic noise quite clearly in the recording included in the report, then - unless the Taits are suggesting that the A483 has been diverted through their basement - there's clearly a possibility that the other noises recorded are also coming from outside, rather than underneath.

Reports appear to employ the emotive but actually quite generic term, 'screams' - but the linked video is clearly recorded in daylight hours and the noises sound more like the squeals of playing children. It may be no coincidence that there is a park with a pitch of some sort, and what looks like tennis courts, out the back of the building in question.

The knocking is quite clearly an impact driver, SDS drill or drill on a hammer setting being used in a neighbouring property - possibly with some old school analogue hammering as well.

It's hard to tell exactly, but to me the basement looks more like a subfloor void than an actual basement - the latter term generally used for an area that can actually be stood up in an utilised as a living/working space.

The building is an absolute shithole. I can't help thinking that this is a case of a couple of retirees with overblown expectations, exacerbated by a severe underestimation of the efforts involved, realising that they have bitten of way more than they could chew and looking for any excuse to do a runner.
Yep to all of that, I think.

Hello

and thank you for allowing me to join and your welcome.

I have been mentioned on this site and would like to respond by giving your members the link to my website, on the website is a documentary that is forty minutes long, in it nine of the people who recorded noises in the house mentioned share their experiences.

My website is at:
https://altaricapublishing.co.uk

The documentary is on YouTube at
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtYeKPEg7psCyFF5Wv1D1wg/videos

Best regards

Alan PS I will happily reply to any questions asked

You mean Samantha’s not real? Bollocks!

maximus otter
I have been mentioned on this site and would like to respond by giving your members the link to my website, on the website is a documentary that is forty minutes long, in it nine of the people who recorded noises in the house mentioned share their experiences.

My website is at:

An update to the “Ammanford haunted house/screaming in basement” story:

“A mysterious house that caused its owners to flee Wales has now been sold.

The property, in College Street in Ammanford, went to auction on May 18 after the owners announced they wanted to move on with their lives.

Married couple Alan and Christine Tait had always wanted to retire in Wales and when the fire damaged property came up in 2007, they knew it had potential. They planned to renovate the building and turn it into a four-bedroom B&B, while they lived in a flat together on site.

But, for the past three years, the couple have refused to step one foot in their dream homebecause of the peculiar noises they said were coming from beneath the basement. Instead, the Taits - who are in their mid-60s - have been touring the UK in a van trying to raise awareness of the sinister activities they believe are happening underground - that men, women and children are living, sleeping and working underneath the house.”

The property

The entrance to the the basement where the noises were said to be coming from

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/house-people-claimed-could-hear-20630187

maximus otter
Another update on this story:)

My website is at:

Ammanford is in Carmarthenshire. No local significance as far as I am aware, though there are quite a lot of people of Welsh origin or descent in Gloucester, myself included. Gloucester is very near Wales, of course.
Hi

I have been mentioned on this site and would like to respond to all the remarks made by giving your members the link to my website,
on the website is a documentary that is forty minutes long, in it nine of the people who recorded noises in the house
mentioned share their experiences.

My website is at:

Best regards

Alan PS I will happily reply to any questions

And subfloors/ basements (should) have plenty of air vents to stop damp, which can allow sounds from outside to penetrate into the building.

And subfloors/ basements (should) have plenty of air vents to stop damp, which can allow sounds from outside to penetrate into the building.
It seems to me that someone is going to great lengths to stop this story getting out.

My website was taken down, my Facebook was blocked, documents were forged I was even banned on BitChute. Then I noticed that news articles that had already been published about us started to removed from the internet, here are just two examples.

WalesOnline: News, sport, weather and events from across Wales

News - Latest local news, pictures, video - Gloucestershire Live

Best regards

Alan

In the uk though most "true" cellars in old properties don't have vents, unless built into the ground floor. Subfloors usually do though.

Thanks for your reply, what do you make of it all?
Like most Fortean type experiences, it can be frustrating convincing others that your own experience was real.

I can't at the moment think of a single reason why anyone would want to prevent your story from getting out, or if they did, would have the power and influence to be able to do so. Having said that the matter comes up on over 44000 results on the internet, so if you think that someone is blocking you, they're not doing a very good job.

I sincerely hope that you get the result you want.

Last edited:
Sure, what would you like to know?

I built the website to (try) to give a better overview of what has happened.

The documentary on the site is 40 minutes long but does contain the opinions
of some of the other people who went to the property and recorded noises that
sound like people being abused.

Hi

I am not trying to convince anyone but when I saw these comments I thought I would reply to them.

I tend to agree with you, who would have the power and influence to stop a story like this getting our?

But the two links that I posted are not going to be all of the news articles that are now blocked.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have never seen news articles blocked like that before.

What might be even more interesting is that the blocked links are both news articles from the "Reach" group of publications.

If the "Reach" group had decided to pull the story for any reason they would (presumably) pull every
news article that they published about the matter, but they didn't.

As an example, the articles published in the Daily Star can still be found today.

Could the reason that someone would want to stop the story getting out, is that they know exactly
what the cause of the noises that were recorded were and they were involved in criminality?

All we are asking for is a full investigation in to the recorded noises.

A summary here would be much appreciated. It helps the thread flow more easily...

Hi Alan,

I watched the hour long video on your YouTube site.

Sounds to me like you've got rotten neighbours who are into shady crap. I'd sell the place and leave it to the Vietnamese drug gangs or whatever, if the cops aren't interested. How the cop didn't question having a welded steel door with anti-ram hinges on the place after reno's...?

Though, I will say most of the sounds were just everyday stuff I hear living near schools and an outdoor pool, with the kids screaming. At one point, I hear a sheep bleating. Surely that's not from an underground drug lab.

Seems cops in the UK can have issues investigating certain people for certain types of crimes. I'd stay out of it if the cops won't pursue it, as those people can be nasty.

Hi

For any one that is reading my posts, they relate to a leaflet that we put up in many areas around the UK.

We put them up after we had recorded noises that sounded like people being abused.

The Police did not take the matter seriously, but other people did.

Some of them went to our property (where the noises were recorded) and recorded noises for themselves.

Nine of them share their experiences in a 40 minute documentary that we put together, our point being that
if nine people can recorded these noises they should be properly investigated.

Anyway, for those that have not seen the original leaflet I have attached it.

Our budget documentary can be viewed at

Best regards

Attachments

• leaflet.jpg
    leaflet.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 38
Hi

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video.

We did sell up earlier in the year. A lot of people seem to think that we are saying ALL the noises are coming from underground, I think that perhaps I have not made made that point clear enough.

Now I accept that there are schools in the area, a park behind the house and there is even a swimming pool up the road.

However, none of the places you mentioned are nearby.

If you have a look at this video it shows you the area around the house.

It's about a minute and a half long

Outside the property is a main road, as the main road is before both the school and the swimming pool, I would expect there to ne more traffic noise in the recordings together with people generally talking, after all there is a bus station across the road.

The bus station has loud bleepers on a set of barriers, every time a bus goes in or out of the station a loud bleeper can be heard.

Between the rear of the house and the park in a tennis court, it's quite popular. If you have ever heard a tennis court the people using them make all sorts of noises when they serve the balls:).

The court itself is surrounded be a metal fence and every time a ball smashes on the fence they make a loud sound.

My only real point is that we took many things in to account when we first heard these noises.

We decided to start using four microphones every time we put the recording devices in to the property.

By placing them in various places we could compare the recordings and listen to were the clearest recordings were obtained.

The clearest recordings were obtained in the basement under our house.

When we established where the clearest recordings were coming from, we could establish what noises were coming from the basement by comparing the recordings on the three other recording devices.

The remaining three devices were placed in the front of the house, the middle of the house and the rear of the house.

Your point about the Police not mentioning the "welded steel door with anti-ram hinges" is interesting, in our early documentary, we detailed what was wrong with that police investigation - there were many areas, one being that they asked the owners for permission to look around the property before looking inside.

The Police were given an appointment weeks in the future before being allowed inside that property.

That early documentary is about two hours long, but if you want to see what I mean just fast forward through the other bits. it is at

Best regards Ps

I have just mentioned to Christine the bit about the sheep bleating, I have never hear it myself but she tells me she made a note that says "???it sounds like a sheep bleating"

This is odd, the building is very close to the town centre, there would not be sheep in the area.

This is a very long running saga. The OP disposed microphones about the cellar of his property and recorded snatches of voice and mechanical noises overlaid by a large amount of white noise. He interprets these as subterranean machines and imprisoned slave workers being abused in extensive underground workings. His reporting of this to the police has been unsatisfactory and nothing has been done. He has built an elaborate conspiracy theory about this.

Any reasonable Fortean would see the correspondence to Raudive recordings - where detuned wide band radios pick up static and snatches of distant radio stations, which when repeatedly loop re-played with sufficient motivation can be interpreted as messages from discarnate entities.

In this case ordinary street noises - there is a children's playground, a chip shop and a bus station near the premises.

Back