• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Ronnie, to put things simply and I don't mean to be rude, you need to be born in England to ever truly understand the rules of Jiskefet and so to be a true Englisher ..

Pah! That's nothing compared with the arcane and quintessentially English sport of Fennel, as played in tiny villages such as St. Cleve...

fennel1.png

fennel2.png

Pah! That's nothing compared with the arcane and quintessentially English sport of Fennel, as played in tiny villages such as St. Cleve...

View attachment 51896
View attachment 51897
I'm guessing this is another fake English sport joke? .. I honestly can't tell anymore .. and if Ronnie's British ancestors are connected to royalty? ...... I've got some grovelling to do.

I'm guessing this is another fake English sport joke? .. I honestly can't tell anymore .. and if Ronnie's British ancestors are connected to royalty? ...... I've got some grovelling to do.
No, I didn't mean that, oh please! LOL
Just have some odd ancestors..........

Yes - I was born in England.
One day I'll tell you about my British ancestors.
And I don't know what 'jiskefet' is..........
Put it this way; it's much more easy to understand than cricket and also far more enjoyable to watch.

Put it this way; it's much more easy to understand than cricket and also far more enjoyable to watch.
Lol .. threaten to box Floyd's ears Ronnie!! (or I'll give the bounder a sound thrashing).

I say! That attitude is just not Jiskefet old boy!
Well then it's my apologies old fruit .. tell you what?, let's iron all this out back at the clubhouse before elevenses.

Being a Midlander, I'm a traitor for loving this tune (because we traditionally dislike Londoners ..same as do the Welsh, Scottish and Irish and most other places that aren't London) .. but I've always loved this tune by The Future Sound Of London, even if they did wimp out by calling it New Guinea instead of calling it something like Kings Cross ..

For @Ronnie Jersey; a virtual walk through the inside of the Tower of London, conducted by Margaret, who is a guide for Free Tours by Foot London.

I don't know if you've been there. It's fantastic. :cool:
Our friend @titch has visited. He lives in the castle round the corner. ;)

Tower of London Tour

Dating back to the 11th-century, the Tower of London is a complex of towers, turrets, walls, palace rooms, and fortifications.

Your tour begins Outer Ward, where you will learn all about the Beefeaters' fascinating history.

Your walk will then head into the rooms of the old medieval palace we will see how kings and queens lived and died in the tower. Next, you'll walk along the battlements surrounding the complex learning about the legend of the ravens of the tower and its other unexpected animal inhabitants.

Then, you'll come down to the inner ward to see the burial place of 2 saints, 3 queens, and 1 rebellious nephew before exploring the incredible Crown Jewels.

After that, you'll explore the heart of the tower complex, the White Tower, a royal palace that today holds a branch of the Royal Armories but whose basement rooms hold some shocking secrets.

Finally, you'll leave the Tower of London via the Bloody Tower for a little bit of dark history before returning to the 21st century.

Pfft.
All your other 'English Sports' are mere pretenders to the throne of 'Ecky Thump'.
Unfortunately I couldn't find a clip of the fight scene (probably not available because, well, '70s humour')
But there is this excellent demonstration of how us English chaps are fully dedicated to preparing ourselves physically for sporting accomplishment.

And don't forget to stop a 4 o'clock for tea.
Absolutely Trevor .. and I met Lady Burchell only two days ago yet mistook her for Joseph 'I am not an animal' Merrick of London town. Egads she is indeed frightful!.

I agree (just as I was dusting off the smoked haddocks to duel at dawn, in case I needed to defend myself- they shall go back into their display case for another day).
I think you could probably sort out your differences with a quick round of 'Mornington Crescent'.

Back