• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I think _______ made the money pit

• Captain Kidd (privateer)

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Gangs Of Pirates (Thar be booty in that pit, arrr)

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • The French (just to spite english or americans after their gold)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The Vikings (the viking settle ment of vinland it thought to be on the nova scotia coast, which is w

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The Spanish (If you're worried about prirates and you've lost a lot of ships to a recent raid by the

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • British Navy (on the run with lots of lovely treasure after/dureing the american war of independance

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Native Americans (dosen't fit with the artifacts found but native americans could theoreticly have m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aliens (Aparently they made the pyramids too :rolleyes: )

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Another Theory?

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • The Templars (after escaping from La Rochelle)

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
Apparently, made up of four 'Drumlins!' (lines of hills) - and "no," I've never heard of that geological terminology before either! :)
("I should have - as it's both a Scottish & Irish word!")
A glacial term. They are all over northern US and Canada.

Wolter is a boob. If he's such a smart guy, why hasn't he figured out that no one would buy a book about Oak Island that has deleted information and blacked out maps. Hurr dee durrr
:yeahthat: He is a geological disgrace. Boob, indeed.

I can’t believe this is the U.S. cable History Channel most popular show and in 10 years they have found very little.

Money pit seems to sum it up. I wonder how much they’ve been paid over the 10 years.
I've thought about it a lot over the years, just how much does History pay for the production and how much does the 'Brotherhood of the Dig' pay?

I've thought about it a lot over the years, just how much does History pay for the production and how much does the 'Brotherhood of the Dig' pay?
It must be worth it! It's just entertainment if they actually found something and solved the mystery, the goose that laid the golden egg would be well and truly cooked

It must be worth it! It's just entertainment if they actually found something and solved the mystery, the goose that laid the golden egg would be well and truly cooked
Whether they find anything or not, I'm really not sure how many more seasons they're going to get out of it. They're already in their mid to late 70s/early 80s

They could always search for Bigfoot in the Money Pit.

Wensleydale has loads of drumlins; we had an ice age or two here as well.
Tricky Fishing though!
1712843266891.png

Im fairly convinced that the whole 'Oak Island Mystery' is merely misidentified and unrecorded early mining activity and/or pine tar production. For those interested I have found an early map of Mahone Bay dated 1733 in the Huntington Library in California. The map looks fairly well surveyed and shows the shape of Oak Island before the creation of the 'Swamp'.

Attachments

• Mahone Bay Map Description.png
    Mahone Bay Map Description.png
    179.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Mahone Bay.png
    Mahone Bay.png
    735.7 KB · Views: 14
Back