Oak Island Money Pit

I think _______ made the money pit

• Captain Kidd (privateer)

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Gangs Of Pirates (Thar be booty in that pit, arrr)

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • The French (just to spite english or americans after their gold)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • The Vikings (the viking settle ment of vinland it thought to be on the nova scotia coast, which is w

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • The Spanish (If you're worried about prirates and you've lost a lot of ships to a recent raid by the

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • British Navy (on the run with lots of lovely treasure after/dureing the american war of independance

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Native Americans (dosen't fit with the artifacts found but native americans could theoreticly have m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aliens (Aparently they made the pyramids too :rolleyes: )

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Another Theory?

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • The Templars (after escaping from La Rochelle)

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters

Min Bannister

Justified & Ancient
GOD, no. I don't have cable because these shows are all trash. But I read the updates from people who watch it so I don't have to.
It really is strangely compelling. Although it would appear to be entirely about treasure, it is not really about the treasure. It relies heavily on the likeability of the characters and is more of a bonding exercise between brothers/friends/fathers/sons. I think that is why fans keep coming back for more. We know we aren't going to see any treasure but it doesn't really matter. And you can always hope. ;)

Carl Grove

Abominable Snowman
It is a genuine mystery, and just enough discoveries have been made during the whole series to confirm that there is something to be found.. some day. If it turns out to be just a box of gold and jewels I would be disappointed.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Ok in the U.K. the new season of Oak Island is just about to start and as a prelude they are doing some of those top 25 moments type of thing and one of them got me thinking the investigators have missed a trick. In the U.K. whe you are digging and you find human remains it has to be reported to the police who take over the investigation until they can be certain no crime was committed. Well in one of the pits they dug they found human remains. Why not inform the police and get them to dig that area for them! Save them a fortune :)

gordonrutter

Staff member
As stated the new Curse of Oak Island is about to start in the U.K. so far we have had three top 25 shows. Tonight is the night. From 6 to 8 we have top 25 never before seen moments, then from 8 to 9 Digging Deeper introduction to season 7 then the first two episodes of season 7. So five hours non stop of Oak Island stuff. Even I feel that’s overload. Mind without adverts it’s only 3 45 but that’s still a very long film.

Ringo

Of no preferred gender pronoun.
The new series/season starts here on the 20th.

"And could this new season..bring us one step closer...to revealing if there is a treasure...and if so, who placed it there?"

DrPaulLee

Justified & Ancient
we're watching the first of the "top 25" shows and it really does feel like they're squeezing the sponge dry.

I hope they find something but I have a nasty thought that anything that was there was found a long time ago.

gordonrutter

Staff member
we're watching the first of the "top 25" shows and it really does feel like they're squeezing the sponge dry.

I hope they find something but I have a nasty thought that anything that was there was found a long time ago.
I must admit I think any treasure that was there was found by Samuel Ball in the early nineteenth century.

marksourbutts

Junior Acolyte
I must admit I think any treasure that was there was found by Samuel Ball in the early nineteenth century.
This 100%.

However, I'm now more intrigued by the other archaeological finds in Smiths Cove than the treasure. Something was going on, but what!

Does anyone else feel that the recent episodes seem to go past faster than the last few series. My wife and my theory is that there is less rehashing of old stuff and that they are concentrating on the new discoveries more.

I'm also quite excited in that they may finally
be homing in on the exact location of the lost Money Pit itself

We have also been discussing the fact that the are that is now the swamp could have been used as a sheltered spot for repairing ships.

Mark ;0)

Tapeloop

Junior Acolyte
Does anyone else feel that the recent episodes seem to go past faster than the last few series. My wife and my theory is that there is less rehashing of old stuff and that they are concentrating on the new discoveries more.
Yes, they definitely picked up the pace in the last series and that seems to be continuing. No more introducing each member of the team every time they reappear on screen thankfully, or telling you what happened 5 minutes ago.

I enjoyed the first episode but I was a bit Oak Island weary at the end of a whole evening of viewing (and I missed out most of the first show!) Some interesting finds and I do like that somewhat eccentric blacksmith that they seem to be using recently. Looking forward to the rest of the season, even if I do agree that the treasure is long gone.

DrPaulLee

Justified & Ancient
on one of the facebook groups, it was stated that it was well known that the swamp is a modern construct. I don't know if this is true. I left the group after it became tiresome because of too many spoilers without a warning.

marksourbutts

Junior Acolyte
Episode 9 of Season 7 has an interesting revalation on the possible age of the swamp. The guy from the university from last season who did some preliminary testing on the swamp is back with his team. They take some core samples from next to the "eye" with some startling results.

Looking forward to this weeks episode and MDEGD's
silver
find in Smith's Cove that they teased in last weeks show.