• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Oops! The Silly Mistakes Thread

A coach hit a bridge in the Midlands last night. Seems to have been driven under it and had its skylight torn off.

Ironically, it was a rail replacement coach and it hit the railway bridge at a station. This would cause more delays to both rail and road traffic.

Spot the bridge through the roof!

Bus hits bridge on first day of rail replacement services on closed Shrewsbury-Wolverhampton line

A coach, supposed to be taking would-be rail passengers from Albrighton to Wolverhampton, purportedly drove under the low bridge near Albrighton Station, and clipped the top.

The aftermath of the incident was caught on camera by Telford photographer Hope Lye.

Attachments

• IMG-20240309-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20240309-WA0013.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
More quality new build house planning

Homes on a new-build site have gone on the market for just £235,000 - but there's a bizarre twist for any potential buyers. A would-be resident at the complex in South Shields, South Tyneside would struggle to access their front door, and another would be dumbfounded by their driveway, as both are blocked by enormous lamp posts. As a result, the 10-home site stands completely empty; months after the properties went on sale last September.

One resident said: "I couldn't believe it when I saw there was a lamppost in the middle of someone's drive. How are you supposed to park your car? Surely that's the whole point of having a driveway. I definitely won't be purchasing one of these homes. It's a really run-down area. The pub opposite is absolutely feral
1710092319034.png

1710092330923.png

An important royal photo has been withdrawn from public view. Too late, it's already out there.

“At closer inspection, it appears that the source has manipulated the image,” the AP notice said. A spokesperson for AP told the Telegraph: “The photo shows an inconsistency in the alignment of Princess Charlotte’s left hand.”

There's a close-up. I was hoping to see an extra finger or at least the thumb on the wrong side but it looks disappointingly natural.

Guardian link -
First post-op photo of Princess of Wales withdrawn due to ‘manipulation’

The first official photograph of the Princess of Wales to be released after her abdominal surgery two months ago has been recalled by some of the world’s biggest picture agencies over claims it had been manipulated.

The image, released to mark Mother’s Day in the UK, shows Catherine sitting on a chair surrounded by her three children. It is the first authorised picture of her since Christmas.

After its release, the photo was recalled by photo agencies including Associated Press, Agence France-Presse and Reuters, which put out a “kill notice” to halt their distribution of the picture.

An important royal photo has been withdrawn from public view. Too late, it's already out there.

There's a close-up. I was hoping to see an extra finger or at least the thumb on the wrong side but it looks disappointingly natural.
Look at Louis hand though.

More quality new build house planning

Homes on a new-build site have gone on the market for just £235,000 - but there's a bizarre twist for any potential buyers. A would-be resident at the complex in South Shields, South Tyneside would struggle to access their front door, and another would be dumbfounded by their driveway, as both are blocked by enormous lamp posts. As a result, the 10-home site stands completely empty; months after the properties went on sale last September.

View attachment 74594
View attachment 74595
This is the trouble with the modern housing industry - the whole leasehold 'scam' encourages slap-dash work.
Evan Edinger did a good video about it.

The memes'er coming thick and fast.

Attachments

• original published picture at Lidl.jpeg
    original published picture at Lidl.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 23
  • original published picture nonces.jpeg
    original published picture nonces.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 24
Anyone who bangs on about football/rugby/cricket results for longer than 10 minutes. Especially when they're the only ones interested. Usually representing what 'they would do' while being an overweight and middle aged, out of condition and hadn't played since their teens. ("I was once trialled for XYZ youth team ..." etc.)

This leaves one free to nominate the actual largest bore in the world. How considerate.
A bloke I used to work with. He'd stand up toe to toe with you, and mumble to your shoulder about his trip to the shops and you'd get every detail of his journey in a slow, mumbling, drone. "I went down my path, opened the gate, turned left, walked 225 yards to the end of the street, crossed the road..."
Even seeing him approach made people pray "Please God, let one of us die."

Anyone who bangs on about football/rugby/cricket results for longer than 10 minutes. Especially when they're the only ones interested. Usually representing what 'they would do' while being an overweight and middle aged, out of condition and hadn't played since their teens. ("I was once trialled for XYZ youth team ..." etc.)
You give them ten minutes? :chuckle:
I s'pose it's the bloke tax - it's not done for one bloke to diss another's interest in sport.

I mentioned Louis right hand to MrsF and how it's impossible to cross your second finger over your third as he is doing.

She did it straight away. She's double jointed and can do all sorts with her fingers..............................
I can do that but wouldn't call myself double-jointed.

Not being drawn any other digit-based prowess.

I can do that but wouldn't call myself double-jointed.

Not being drawn any other digit-based prowess.
Really? I can't get close.

Another one; If I hold all my fingers up straight and bend my second finger down, my third (ring) finger also comes down 90° - hers stay perfectly vertical.

Really? I can't get close.

Another one; If I hold all my fingers up straight and bend my second finger down, my third (ring) finger also comes down 90° - hers stay perfectly vertical.
I can do everything relating to crossing/bending individual fingers but can't master that taking off the thumb and running it up and down the forearm trick.

The TikTok shop Shutter Gran Incident has been commemorated with a work by artist Tee2Sugars.

BBC link -
Viral TikTok shop shutter gran immortalised in mural

The gran who went viral after being hoisted into the air by a shop shutter has been immortalised in a mural on the device that carried her to fame.
CCTV footage of Anne Hughes, 72, hanging suspended by her coat, while still clinging to her shopping trolley, was viewed millions of times online.
And now it has been recreated in spray paint on the front of the Rhondda Cynon Taf shop where it happened.
She said she was "proud" of the mural, calling it "beautiful" and "brilliant".

Sometimes birds drop seeds in the garden.
I have a healthy looking fig that came up in a hanging pot.
Anyway this plant came up a couple of weeks ago with rather nice serrated leaves.
i thought it looked like a plant so potted it and it's come on very well.
I couldn't find it online but today my youngest did a a google image search and it's an invasive weed-groundsel so I'll have to take it out.

Back