• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Papua New Guinea Cryptid Research Organization

Those fancy outfits don't come cheap!
Here's Rex in 2004.
See if you can understand (or "save" savvy) the Tok Pisin. Had to look up "bilas" which means decoration or finery.
Might have trouble getting that spear through US security mind you.

rex.png

My rough translation of the pidgin English:

That's the boy
I'm talking about...
Sorry to butter you up Rex,
But you photograph well
In all that finery.

My rough translation of the pidgin English:

That's the boy
I'm talking about...
Sorry to butter you up Rex,
But you photograph well
In all that finery.
I guess a 20 year-old Rex dressed in traditional Papuan warrior gear is something like young English men who go to watch sports events dressed as Crusader Knights/Richard the Lionheart.

Yapi is a grifter. He approached the CFZ wanting cameras and drones. We offered to send him some but he refused them as they were not expensive enough. He wanted stuff that was £5000 a pop. He is on the grif for money from westeners. I don't trust him or believe a word he says.

And did he take no for an answer?
As you're not the wealthy Western sponsor he was hoping for, you need to tell him straight "Sori Rex. Nogut. Mi no ken helpim yu wantaim mani, bikos mi poket brok!"

And did he take no for an answer?
As you're not the wealthy Western sponsor he was hoping for, you need to tell him straight "Sori Rex. Nogut. Mi no ken helpim yu wantaim mani, bikos mi poket brok!"
He threw a wobbly when we wouldn't give him what he wanted and write him a letter of reccomendation for the local govener.

Back