• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I am currently on holiday, staying just outside Weymouth, and here is a pic I have just taken of the trunk of a tree (not sure what kind of tree) that is right outside the entrance to the place I'm staying in - and to me it looks rather like a naked lady bathing in shallow water, with her arms up. I do hope it isn't my smutty imagination!

IMG-20230909-WA0001.jpg

Pareidola when drunk? Does anyone else get this? After a couple of glasses of wine I often observe remarkable pareidolia, which in the cold light of sobriety simply melt away. Perhaps it is a lesser branch of the beer goggles effect?
This happened on a recent trip to Florence. I was having a very nice dinner and merrily getting sozzled on my third large glass of red. It was then that I noticed a scrunched up paper napkin looked remarkably like the head or skull of a cow/horse. I snapped a photo, only to look at it the next day, baffled. I mean there is a slight resemblance, but…

Attachments

• IMG_6894.jpeg
    IMG_6894.jpeg
    723.4 KB · Views: 18
I am currently on holiday, staying just outside Weymouth, and here is a pic I have just taken of the trunk of a tree (not sure what kind of tree) that is right outside the entrance to the place I'm staying in - and to me it looks rather like a naked lady bathing in shallow water, with her arms up. I do hope it isn't my smutty imagination!

View attachment 69475
I see her too!

Can't find a mention for the "Badlands Guardian" here.

badlands.png

This enormous geomorphological feature, measuring around 250 metres square, is located near Medicine Hat in Alberta, Canada.
It resembles a man wearing indigenous head-gear.
The apparent earphones are a road and oil-well.
It was first spotted by a Google Earth user in 2005.

https://www.thearchaeologist.org/bl...n-a-geomorphic-feature-or-an-ancient-geoglyph

Can't find a mention for the "Badlands Guardian" here.

View attachment 69506

This enormous geomorphological feature, measuring around 250 metres square, is located near Medicine Hat in Alberta, Canada.
It resembles a man wearing indigenous head-gear.
The apparent earphones are a road and oil-well.
It was first spotted by a Google Earth user in 2005.

https://www.thearchaeologist.org/bl...n-a-geomorphic-feature-or-an-ancient-geoglyph
Seen the Badlands Guardian before, that is so like a face, the lips, nose, eyes and eyebrows, forehead and chin. A great example.

Interesting. The Mars version has a very slight smug smile. Hmm. What does he know?

1697543797800.png

1697543763752.png

"And the comparison 'Guardian on Mars?' Where the likenesses are just beyond a coincidence."

Apologies for the clumsy formatting, I am trying to quote a post which is itself entirely a quote!

Do we have any cited source to say that the 2nd image is not taken at the same spot as the first? That is, is it really supposed to be Mars?

To me, the similarity goes way beyond coincidence - I am almost certain that they are the same place, unless there's evidence to convince me otherwise.

When the Ancient Aliens gang featured this in an episode a few years ago they (predictably) claimed it to be a man-made image signalling to the stars. Some tosh like that anyway.

Back