• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Wrong

Yup, one of those light ones with a big end for doing cranks.
.. and knees if you're at risk of being cornered

.. when you can't win? .. cheat instead and win anyway .. obviously nothing 'bout breaking the law heaven forbid ..

Last edited:
The bloke threatened a colleague last week, as I mentioned, and I had to tell t'Boss what he said to me about it. So Colleague rang me last night to say t'boss'd had him in the office and asked him what's what. Colleague was pleased to fill Boss in about it all as we're good mates and Colleague didn't enjoy being bawled out by Scary Bloke.

Boss had told Colleague what Min said above, that people shouldn't have to go into work feeling frightened. He will get it sorted one way or another. He's a good egg.

Rather encouraging. Congratulations on having such a workplace; I am convinced that you are the catalyst!

Thank you! Well, you live and learn.

For example, the official police advice on harassment at work and stalking is to talk to others about it and not keep it a secret. I've discussed this bloke's ravings with anyone who'll listen because he's told most of them himself, asking them to keep it between themselves. It was far too weird and scary for that though.

So everyone's heard about his weirdness from him and we've learned the stranger details from each other.*

Dunno what the outcome will be but being able to walk into the depot at night without worrying that he and his imaginary girlfriend will be there ready to shout the odds would be nice.

*I can elaborate slightly if anyone's interested.

It's good that your coworkers are talking. Often when nothing is being said to verify what is happening to you, you start to feel that you are the nutter (IMO). This way you and your coworkers know that you all have each others' backs.

Of course your boss will be a little unsure of the specifics of how the company will handle the situation, most workplaces have policies stating prevention of harassment etc, but I think few rarely have to think as to how that is actually carried out. Until something like this happens.

Especially if it is a small company.

It's good that your coworkers are talking. Often when nothing is being said to verify what is happening to you, you start to feel that you are the nutter (IMO). This way you and your coworkers know that you all have each others' backs.

Of course your boss will be a little unsure of the specifics of how the company will handle the situation, most workplaces have policies stating prevention of harassment etc, but I think few rarely have to think as to how that is actually carried out. Until something like this happens.

The bloke is from a different company who use the same depot so it's not as simple as just having my manager talk to him. I have faith though!

That's lame that you have to deal with such crap. Sounds like you are doing the things necessary to get it taken care of. I don't have any idea how legal it is in the UK to carry mace or pepper spray, but it puts the whammy on creeps and causes them to forget all about orders from invisible girlfriends and the like. It's a bit less cumbersome to carry around than a spanner or a fryin' pan, but every tool has its advantages.

Yup everyone, it's baaaad.

Long story short - a man from another company that uses our depot has delusions that a woman in the Spirit World is obsessed with him and wants him with her at any cost - his own words.

She is obsessively jealous of any woman he talks to and is inclined to physically attack him if she suspects him of consorting with women. This man has spoken aggressively towards me, for example when I put on a light at night and he thought she would see me in the building with him.

Having worked in the mental health field AND for Women's Aid AND having an MA in criminology I am well aware of how dangerous he could be if his delusions grew worse and he became psychotic. He hasn't hit me or directly threatened me, it's all about how dangerous this imaginary girlfriend is. She might instruct him to murder someone to show he loves her, or to get some troublesome woman (say me) out of the way.

My manager knows all about it and Techy meets me out of work after late shifts. It's just got worse as he threatened a male colleague about something else a few days ago and mentioned me.

I love my job and don't want to leave but it's looking like I may have to.
Omg! Sounds as though going to work each day literally is a matter of life and death, namely yours! Seriously though, I know you mentioned that management are aware of the issues that your colleague is dealing with but I worry they are Not doing enough to protect you? Hope everything continues without any drama.... Xx

Not as potentially serious as Skargy's situation but there's someone at my workplace I've flat out refused to work with anymore.

Things came to a head when I walked into the office one morning, I hadn't even taken my coat off and the business owner started with "Morning Swifty, Nigel says ..."

"Oh FUCK Nigel!"

... I've never sworn at the owner before .. "I AM NOT YOUR GIFT TO NIGEL .. look .. sorry for swearing at you in your office because this isn't your fault but the man's a sarcastic rude prat and this has been building up for a while now"

We both agreed I should walk away for the moment to calm down the he kindly told me I shouldn't have bottled things up .. to cut a long story short, me and Nigel are kept apart now.

Saw what you did there :twothumbs:. I'm sad to learn you've been having to deal with this, but glad to see that you've had some good advice and support on here, and that your boss sounds like he's doing the right thing.

Hahaha, yup, when I mentioned 'a big end for doing cranks' I actually had in mind a particular hefty but lightweight bicycle-repair tool. Looks like my subconscious was ahead of me!

Swiftly, I know how you feel. I've got two knobs I work with. Had a right argument with one of them a couple of years ago and the next day went to my managers and told them what happened. I honestly thought that I would be suspended but they knew who I meant and was moved that day, mind you I saw him that day and we just looked at each other. The man's an utter rude knob!!! The other one again is an utter knob, the reason with him was I overheard him say to someone that I was, I can't say what he said but.... To cut a long story short, I blank him. It amazes me how many idiots and knobs we al work with, maybe we should all get them together in a room and see how much of them are the bigger idiots then each other.

Swiftly, I know how you feel. I've got two knobs I work with. Had a right argument with one of them a couple of years ago and the next day went to my managers and told them what happened. I honestly thought that I would be suspended but they knew who I meant and was moved that day, mind you I saw him that day and we just looked at each other. The man's an utter rude knob!!! The other one again is an utter knob, the reason with him was I overheard him say to someone that I was, I can't say what he said but.... To cut a long story short, I blank him. It amazes me how many idiots and knobs we al work with, maybe we should all get them together in a room and see how much of them are the bigger idiots then each other.

Yup, it seriously amazes me sometimes how some of these idiots keep their jobs.

I always found that the worst offenders at work were the ones who would ingratiate themselves with everyone in a position of authority and regarded themselves as untouchable.

When I started work, there was one vile, little scumbag who was like that. He was technically part of the team I was in but wouldn’t take orders from our line-manager and basically did what he wanted. He even had an office at the opposite building from the rest of the team – conveniently placed so that he had a view of the car-park and could report anyone coming in late or leaving early.

I had a couple of run-ins with him when I started – firstly, I’d be doing a job and he’d rush into the room and announce in mock surprise “Oh, you’re actually in today!”

“Yes, you know I am. Did you forget you’ve pulled that stunt three times this morning.”

After that he tried tampering with equipment I’d set up. I’d get a call to say something wasn’t working, I’d go along to be told “Oh, it’s ok, R. Sole came past and fixed it.”

Once I could believe but he always just happened to be passing and just happened to know exactly what the problem was. So I told my line manager who said that the guy would get away with it because what would happen would be – Line Manager would tell his unit head, unit head would tell the College Secretary, college secretary would tell the Vice-Principal, VP would tell the Principal who would then tell the VP to deal with it, VP would tell the College Secretary to deal with it, College Secretary would tell unit head to deal with it and he’d tell my line manager to deal with it and he’d be told to get stuffed by R. Sole.

Anyway, I set up some stuff and waited and caught him. He started smirking and said that he could do anything he wanted and there was nothing I could do as he was protected and then tried to push me away. That got him a swift knee in the bollocks and a choke-hold. Funnily enough, his “protection” never appeared and he gave me a wide berth after that. I later found out I wasn’t the only one who had taken that kind of action with him.

Like all bullies, he was a coward and usually focused his activities on young female staff and if they complained all they would get was “Oh you can’t say that about him, he’s such a nice man.”

His comeuppance came when he retired. He always said that there was no such thing as retirement, it was just a polite way of saying people were fired for being useless and that he wouldn’t be allowed to retire.

Even up to his last day, he still thought he was going to be kept on. His retirement “do” consisted of about half a dozen people – no senior management, despite all his years of arse-licking, not one bothered to attend or even sign his card.

At the start of the following week, he turned up as usual only to find a new lock on his office door and all his stuff dumped in a skip. He went down to the foyer and saw the VP coming in and demanded to know what was going on. VP didn’t even look at him, he turned to the security staff and told them “This person has no business in this building, remove him.”

I heard he died a few years later, a very embittered little man.

One my Golden Rules at work was: Never, ever trust anyone who tries to be overly friendly with management.

I always found that the worst offenders at work were the ones who would ingratiate themselves with everyone in a position of authority and regarded themselves as untouchable.

When I started work, there was one vile, little scumbag who was like that. He was technically part of the team I was in but wouldn’t take orders from our line-manager and basically did what he wanted. He even had an office at the opposite building from the rest of the team – conveniently placed so that he had a view of the car-park and could report anyone coming in late or leaving early.

I had a couple of run-ins with him when I started – firstly, I’d be doing a job and he’d rush into the room and announce in mock surprise “Oh, you’re actually in today!”

“Yes, you know I am. Did you forget you’ve pulled that stunt three times this morning.”

After that he tried tampering with equipment I’d set up. I’d get a call to say something wasn’t working, I’d go along to be told “Oh, it’s ok, R. Sole came past and fixed it.”

Once I could believe but he always just happened to be passing and just happened to know exactly what the problem was. So I told my line manager who said that the guy would get away with it because what would happen would be – Line Manager would tell his unit head, unit head would tell the College Secretary, college secretary would tell the Vice-Principal, VP would tell the Principal who would then tell the VP to deal with it, VP would tell the College Secretary to deal with it, College Secretary would tell unit head to deal with it and he’d tell my line manager to deal with it and he’d be told to get stuffed by R. Sole.

Anyway, I set up some stuff and waited and caught him. He started smirking and said that he could do anything he wanted and there was nothing I could do as he was protected and then tried to push me away. That got him a swift knee in the bollocks and a choke-hold. Funnily enough, his “protection” never appeared and he gave me a wide berth after that. I later found out I wasn’t the only one who had taken that kind of action with him.

Like all bullies, he was a coward and usually focused his activities on young female staff and if they complained all they would get was “Oh you can’t say that about him, he’s such a nice man.”

His comeuppance came when he retired. He always said that there was no such thing as retirement, it was just a polite way of saying people were fired for being useless and that he wouldn’t be allowed to retire.

Even up to his last day, he still thought he was going to be kept on. His retirement “do” consisted of about half a dozen people – no senior management, despite all his years of arse-licking, not one bothered to attend or even sign his card.

At the start of the following week, he turned up as usual only to find a new lock on his office door and all his stuff dumped in a skip. He went down to the foyer and saw the VP coming in and demanded to know what was going on. VP didn’t even look at him, he turned to the security staff and told them “This person has no business in this building, remove him.”

One my Golden Rules at work was: Never, ever trust anyone who tries to be overly friendly with management.

A very satisfying story, thank you!

A highlight for me has to be the knee-action, closely followed by 'I heard he died a few years later, a very embittered little man.' That's a clue about what was going on with him; maybe he had nothing else but work in his life. There's no excuse for being a twat, of course.

We have a couple of arse-lickers at work and I've no doubt at least one has told the bloke with the imaginary girlfriend why Techy meets me out every night. Stirring, y'know. I don't care because as far as I'm concerned the more everyone knows about it the safer I am.

A very satisfying story, thank you!

A highlight for me has to be the knee-action, closely followed by 'I heard he died a few years later, a very embittered little man.' That's a clue about what was going on with him; maybe he had nothing else but work in his life. There's no excuse for being a twat, of course.

We have a couple of arse-lickers at work and I've no doubt at least one has told the bloke with the imaginary girlfriend why Techy meets me out every night. Stirring, y'know. I don't care because as far as I'm concerned the more everyone knows about it the safer I am.

We'd heard that he was a little tyrant at home too. Someone at work lived near him and said that he wasn't a well-liked person - except in his own mind. Just a nobody who thought he was far more important than he actually was and then reality came crashing in.

Yup, it seriously amazes me sometimes how some of these idiots keep their jobs.
My Mum used to have this poem stuck to her office wall ..

If you work and do your best
You'll get the sack like all the rest
But if you laze and bugger about
You'll live to see the job throughout

The work is hard, the pay is small
So take your time and sod them all
Or on your tombstone neatly lacquered
These three words
Just bleeding knackered

.. after that he tried tampering with equipment I’d set up ..

.. just had exactly the same thing done to me by a spiteful co worker but proving it is difficult .. didn't stop me naming them in the office this morning though .. it could only have been this person, the way I have my routine organised means it's physically impossible for this to happen unless me or this person did it deliberately. I've fixed the equipment.

Yup everyone, it's baaaad.

Long story short - a man from another company that uses our depot has delusions that a woman in the Spirit World is obsessed with him and wants him with her at any cost - his own words.

She is obsessively jealous of any woman he talks to and is inclined to physically attack him if she suspects him of consorting with women. This man has spoken aggressively towards me, for example when I put on a light at night and he thought she would see me in the building with him.

Having worked in the mental health field AND for Women's Aid AND having an MA in criminology I am well aware of how dangerous he could be if his delusions grew worse and he became psychotic. He hasn't hit me or directly threatened me, it's all about how dangerous this imaginary girlfriend is. She might instruct him to murder someone to show he loves her, or to get some troublesome woman (say me) out of the way.

My manager knows all about it and Techy meets me out of work after late shifts. It's just got worse as he threatened a male colleague about something else a few days ago and mentioned me.

I love my job and don't want to leave but it's looking like I may have to.
sweetie, I cannot "Like" this post as it is too worrisome- take care and get that big spanner ASAP

A great example of what goes round comes round. It's inevitable, but just sad that it takes so long sometimes.

My Mum used to have this poem stuck to her office wall ..

If you work and do your best
You'll get the sack like all the rest
But if you laze and bugger about
You'll live to see the job throughout

The work is hard, the pay is small
So take your time and sod them all
Or on your tombstone neatly lacquered
These three words
Just bleeding knackered
I do believe that poem could also be seen on ceramic tankards.

Absolute bull's eye spot on accurate description of the worst co-worker I ever had. She actually managed to get one of the best workers there out the door permanently. It was amazing how differently she responded to the boss, an otherwise intelligent person, who ended up taking her side over the rest of us. This co-worker treated her peers like despicable servants, but was ingratiatingly attentive to whatever the boss said.

Escargot, I'm glad you have supportive managers and co-workers!!! The place you work looks creepy enough without a deranged and aggressive individual focusing on you like that!

Absolute bull's eye spot on accurate description of the worst co-worker I ever had. She actually managed to get one of the best workers there out the door permanently.

I was fortunate that it happened very rarely in my day, but it seems common in the current climate. Jealousy, ignorance, a desperate sense of wanting to be "liked" by the boss, no control and dominated in their home life, - who knows what drives these characters. Eventually though they do get exposed, in particular when the boss moves on or is replaced.

Back