• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People You Thought Were Dead

Contrary to my most recent version of reality Lou Ferrigno (him off of TV's The Incredible Hulk) has turned out to be very much on this side of the veil.

Anyone care to speculate how I might have confused him with someone else? It beats the hell out of me.

Contrary to my most recent version of reality Lou Ferrigno (him off of TV's The Incredible Hulk) has turned out to be very much on this side of the veil.

Anyone care to speculate how I might have confused him with someone else? It beats the hell out of me.

I'd thought the same for many years, and was therefore quite surprised by his cameo in the 2008 version of The Incredible Hulk. I'm now surprised all over again to find that he's still going strong 8 years later! Still only 65...

I'd thought the same for many years, and was therefore quite surprised by his cameo in the 2008 version of The Incredible Hulk. I'm now surprised all over again to find that he's still going strong 8 years later! Still only 65...

Aha! Then there must be a reason ?!? Bill Bixby ('normal Banner') passed away thirteen years ago, but I'm sure that I'm not mixing them up.

*wracks brain*

I saw Lou Ferrigno about 10-12 years ago in Milton Keynes. He was at an autograph signing event in a Sci Fi fair in MK's mall.

Aha! Then there must be a reason ?!? Bill Bixby ('normal Banner') passed away thirteen years ago, but I'm sure that I'm not mixing them up.

*wracks brain*
Might you have been thinking of Andre the Giant? He was a man with an unusual physique, who appeared in a popular fantasy film, (for fantasy, read superhero; for film, read TV series). Andre died at a sadly early age.

Might you have been thinking of Andre the Giant? He was a man with an unusual physique, who appeared in a popular fantasy film, (for fantasy, read superhero; for film, read TV series). Andre died at a sadly early age.
Many giants die young - see e.g. http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/handicapped-by-height.22926/page-11#post-1621798

(The gene caused Charles Byrne, born in 1761 near Cookstown and known as the "Irish giant", to grow more than 7ft 6in (2.3m) tall.
He became an object of curiosity after travelling to London to seek his fortune before his death in 1783.)

I saw Lou Ferrigno about 10-12 years ago in Milton Keynes. He was at an autograph signing event in a Sci Fi fair in MK's mall.
He's well known for signing and photographing at Cons, but there's always a fee. People occasionally try to get a photo of him without paying, but I understand that makes him angry.

And you won't like him when he's angry...

Not Andre, no - I only know the name from a mention in The Simpsons - but that's made me wonder if I'd mixed up LF with Richard Kiel, who is definitely brown bread.

hqdefault.jpg

Chuck Yeager, the legendary pilot with "the right stuff", WW2 fighter ace, first man to break the sound barrier and all that - still alive at 93! And he's on Twitter, answering most questions with the instruction to buy his book and slagging off the Brits every so often. I wouldn't mess with him!

Whoa! Still alive. 'The right stuff'.

Thank Feck for that. I was worried I might have missed him dying.

After reading his memoirs some years ago, I was left with the impression his whole family are practically indestructible, and will outlive us all.

I think he's amazing. 100, wow.

Kirk's fantastic in Paths of Glory, he really knew how to pick and choose his roles. Well, until the 1970s when as the Psychotronic Encyclopaedia noted "Kirk's become quite the exploitation star recently". Nobody says "I killed it - with a machine gun!" quite like him. Here's to the next 100 - make a film with Olivia De Havilland, Kirk! There's still time!

Kirk's fantastic in Paths of Glory, he really knew how to pick and choose his roles. Well, until the 1970s when as the Psychotronic Encyclopaedia noted "Kirk's become quite the exploitation star recently". Nobody says "I killed it - with a machine gun!" quite like him. Here's to the next 100 - make a film with Olivia De Havilland, Kirk! There's still time!

not so good with farrah Fawcett in Satrun3 which was pants and a bit creepy

Kirk's naked in that one! So no pants, really. He also made a lifelong enemy of Martin Amis who wrote the script and saw it ruined by Kirk's massive ego.

Really? Man you are a such a gift to this MB I'd never have known. That's a great image, (not kirk more Amis)

Good Stuff GNC as always -fantastic1

Why, thank you. The whole story of the Saturn 3 debacle is very entertaining to read about, though it must have been a nightmare to live through! It was going to be the next Alien... the next Robot Monster was more like it.

Back