• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Bog standard PKD "is it real or a dream?" business this week. They're getting good casts for these, I will say that, though I was distracted by Anna Paquin's implants, didn't know she'd had them done and it was a bit weird. Another grey-looking episode otherwise.

Tales of the Very Much as We Expected tonight, though to demonstrate this wasn't kids' stuff we had some sexytime scenes which made me think, you know you see that sort of thing in something from the 1970s and you say, well, times certainly have changed? This episode made me think that, and it was only made this year. Still, Bryan Cranston's arse, steady girls.

Anyway, that was it until next year, with any luck they'll get around to the Juno Temple episode then.

I don't know how else to say it, the series has ended for now and it'll be back next year, and I'm hoping the episode with Juno Temple is included because I was let down she wasn't in this year's run.

I don't know how else to say it, the series has ended for now and it'll be back next year, and I'm hoping the episode with Juno Temple is included because I was let down she wasn't in this year's run.
What? Noooo!!! :incan:

Apart from the Timothy Spall one, it just felt a bit obvious and clunky, instead of the mindbending weirdness I wanted from a PKD show.

Tales of the Very Much as We Expected tonight, though to demonstrate this wasn't kids' stuff we had some sexytime scenes which made me think, you know you see that sort of thing in something from the 1970s and you say, well, times certainly have changed? This episode made me think that, and it was only made this year. Still, Bryan Cranston's arse, steady girls.

Anyway, that was it until next year, with any luck they'll get around to the Juno Temple episode then.

We saw it and I was racking my brain for where I'd heard a particular line before. It was where the woman affectionately asks Cranston's character (sorry, I was half asleep after work so didn't get details!) what his real name was. He replies 'You couldn't pronounce it!'

This rang a bell - didn't Mr Spock say it to a woman when he was all loved-up by some alien space-ray or summat?
Someone on here must know!

About bloomin' time!

You (usually) can't go wrong with the ol' Invasion of the Bodysnatchers plot, and last night's Electric Dreams was fair enough in its "they won't believe me" clichés - but call that an ending? "Geez, all this stuff happened, then more stuff happened, THE END!"

'Losing the head of Philip k Dick' : David Dufty

Anyone else here read this account ?

INT21

You (usually) can't go wrong with the ol' Invasion of the Bodysnatchers plot, and last night's Electric Dreams was fair enough in its "they won't believe me" clichés - but call that an ending? "Geez, all this stuff happened, then more stuff happened, THE END!"
I missed it!
When's it repeated?

Thanks. Means I'll have to create an account again (I let the old one die).

Electric Dreams should be on Amazon Prime if you miss it on C4.

Ah, the Juno Temple one at last, a couple of neat Dick-ish (Dick-ian?) twists, but as with most of these I'm feeling they're more effective on the page. At least she got to keep her accent for a change. And nice to see her verbally sparring with the Janelle Monae-bot, that was something novel.

Electric Dreams should be on Amazon Prime if you miss it on C4.

Ah, the Juno Temple one at last, a couple of neat Dick-ish (Dick-ian?) twists, but as with most of these I'm feeling they're more effective on the page. At least she got to keep her accent for a change. And nice to see her verbally sparring with the Janelle Monae-bot, that was something novel.
Thanks! I've got a Prime account (that I barely use).

Hey, not bad episode last night, should appeal to false flaggers anyway, but a neat brainwashing exposé otherwise.

If people who like cars are know as petrol heads, are people who like PKD Dick heads ?

Had to ask.

INT21

GNC,

Rather like the supporters of Menzies Campbell would be known as Mingers.

For you folk in the States, you need to understand that Menzies is not pronounced as spelt.

INT21

And that was that, Mel Rodriguez an unconventional leading man, so that was something, but a bit paranoia by numbers. There hasn't been that much personality to this series, not compared to the show it desperately wants to be: Black Mirror.

I finally got around to watching A Scanner Darkly, and I thought it was the most true-to-the-material adaptation of his work I've seen. I loved it.

It's good, isn't it? Really faithful, which helps because it's one of his best books, and the animation just keeps it this side of unreal.

Still waiting on that Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch film that was supposed to star Gary Oldman. In the 1990s.

It's good, isn't it? Really faithful, which helps because it's one of his best books, and the animation just keeps it this side of unreal.

Still waiting on that Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch film that was supposed to star Gary Oldman. In the 1990s.
Perhaps my favorite Dick novel....that would be a welcome addition to films based on his books.
I also love Ubik and A Maze of Death.

Never liked films based upon books, particularly sci-fi books.

I form a complete world based on what I am reading. And the films often come across very differently.

It's ok if I haven't read the book first.

INT21.

Back