• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Scotland UFO Sightings

Theres a radio/TV masts on An Suihde a bit to the West of Pitlochry and above Clunie Wood. It the chap who filmed the lights lives on higher floors of Walker Court (where it says he lives) on the side facing the railway and the River Tummel he might be able to see aircraft warning lights on the masts on the far side of the valley.

http://www.geolocation.ws/v/W/File:Mast ... 4.jpg/-/en

I have a problem with this video.

It's interesting but I'm suspicious of the perspective. The thing is clearly divided in half but presents itself directly side-on to the camera. There's no allowance for height or a feeling of looking at it from below where the dividing line would be more elliptical. A lot of saucer pics and vids suffer from this presentation of what you expect to see. It's a bit like a child not understanding perspective and drawing all four horses legs in a row along the bottom because the reasoning is that all the legs are the same size and must be shown with equal prominance.

Aside from that, diamond-shaped objects have been recorded many times but they are usually aperture glitches in digital cameras.

Solved!

Pitlochry UFO was 'Forestry Commission vehicle light'

Investigators studying footage of a possible UFO seen above a Perthshire forest have come up with a more terrestrial explanation.

The strange light was recorded above Clunie Forest near Pitlochry by Adrian Musat on 5 November.

He sent the footage to the British UFO Research Association (BUFORA) for analysis.

The experts said the object was not alien in origin, but actually a spotlight on a forestry vehicle.

BUFORA said they were confident the light was actually within the trees and not above them.

The light is believed to have been on the top of the cabin of a wood harvester.

The Forestry Commission has confirmed it had tree-felling operations under way in the woodland at the time.

BBC News: Scotland

8) YOU SAW NOTHING!!
THERE WAS NO FLYING SAUCER !!
IF YOU POST AFTER THIS, REGARDING THIS SUBJECT, WE WILL PAY YOU A VISIT !! (and other MIB threats...) 8)

Moooksta said:
.... 8) YOU SAW NOTHING!!
IF YOU POST AFTER THIS, REGARDING THIS SUBJECT, WE WILL PAY YOU A VISIT !! (and other MIB threats...) 8)

Aren't they MIT (Men in Tartan) up there?

Timble2 said:
Moooksta said:
.... 8) YOU SAW NOTHING!!

Aren't they MIT (Men in Tartan) up there?

Men In Kilts MIK

Hachiminh said:
Are MI6 our MIB?

May be it's not MI6 but MIb - Men In (understated) black. I can see our civil service preferring the understated thing.

"You saw a what, Minister? That would be a courageous thing to admit to.."

PS - a pedant writes....
It's actually more likely to be MI5, better know as the security service who have responsibility for domestic surveillance, counter espionage, domestic terrorism and so on. Similarly MI6, The Secret Intelligence Service, doesn't have a Double O section for real.... it's much more likely to use the Strategic Reconnaissance Regiment. 8)

Moooksta said:
You do know Hollywood scans these boards daily for ideas?

also

8) YOU WERE WARNED ! 8)

Yes, we do know, Mooks. You once talked about it, yourself, although, perhaps, in a different thread.

I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of ideas from the Fortean forums turn up on Syfy.

(Can't check directly on Syfy, anymore, 'cause we told Comcast to get lost, and we installed a Roku box.)

SHAYBARSABE said:
Moooksta said:
You do know Hollywood scans these boards daily for ideas?

also

8) YOU WERE WARNED ! 8)

Yes, we do know, Mooks. You once talked about it, yourself, although, perhaps, in a different thread.

I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of ideas from the Fortean forums turn up on Syfy.

(Can't check directly on Syfy, anymore, 'cause we told Comcast to get lost, and we installed a Roku box.)

If the ideas did turn up on SY Fy, they were nothing to do with me...I WATCH TV for a living but I don't make it. The Hollywood comment was a gag. If someone is visiting these boards for ideas it'll be production companies rather than the channel that buys the productions, thieving ideas.

I, for one, would think a Scottish twist on the MIB might be quite funny!

I do believe The Scottish Men in Black use an amber liquid to induce amnesia in people. I'm sure I've encountered them several times...

And if you'd like that authentic "missing time" experience.
Drink Buckfast!

UFO sightings: Scots cases include 'giant frisbee' report

The latest tranche of files from the Ministry of Defence's UFO desk - covering its last two years of work - contain sightings across Scotland.

The National Archives reports on Unidentified Flying Objects cover the period between 2007 and 2009.

They include sightings in Dundee, Saltcoats, Duns, West Lothian, Inverness and Eastriggs.

The MoD closed its UFO desk in December 2009 because it served "no defence purpose".

The declassified files contain reports from throughout the length and breadth of Scotland.

One details a "cigar-shaped" object about 200m wide spotted by someone fishing on the banks of the River Tay near Dundee airport.

Another chronicles how dog walkers "congregated in amazement" on Cathcart Road in Glasgow to watch six "strange objects" spotted in the sky.

One letter recounts a sighting of what looked like a "giant frisbee" over Dornock and Eastriggs in Dumfries and Galloway.

The spotter reported repeated incidents in the area between 1996 and 2009.

Other locations with sighting claims included Winchburgh in West Lothian, New Cumnock in Ayrshire, Telford Street in Inverness and the area of Leith docks.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... d-23007262

As for that article , I live in Winchburgh , West Lothian and I'm surprised I'd never heard of it before . It's a really small village where everyone knows each other , so the chances are I'd know who saw the UFO , but nobody knows anything . I'll keep asking around anyway .

‘It’s definitely a space craft’ — This man says he has photo that proves alien life
By AILEEN ROBERTSON, 4 March 2016 11.10am.

• image.jpg
    This man says he has seen proof of alien life.DC Thomson
A Fife man says he had a close encounter with an extra-terrestrial aircraft — and has the photo to prove it.

The 65-year-old walked into The Courier’s office in Kirkcaldy this week and revealed a photo of an object he says is “definitely a space craft of some sort”.

He said he saw saw bright lights accompanied by the noise of “a thousand hoovers” while driving at Rossie Ochil in Perthshire.

He immediately pulled over and took the picture.

It shows concentric circles of around 30 red and blue lights on a dark background.

He said: “My jeep is quite noisy, but this sounded like a thousand hoovers.

“I always thought there was something out there, but had never seen anything until then.”

To see the photo, and read what experts say about it, get Saturday’s Courier.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...-he-has-photo-that-proves-alien-life-1.927320

Wi’ a thoosan' Hoovers an’ a', an’ a’,
Wi' a thoosan' Hoovers an’ a’, an’ a',
We'll up an' gie them a blaw!*

Sorry about that. :p

*An time-honoured placatory technique to prevent worse probing.

No photo?
That sucks like a thousand Hoovers.

That sucks like a thousand Hoovers.
Yes...the small picture does look very like an enthusiast's drone, or CGI double-bluff. Astounding lack of detail regarding scale/height, well....anything.

And any reporter that uses that uber-old adage "quick-thinking" (especially in the context of cameraphones) should be subject to a probe.

"Scared of the flash"....well, I certainly am. If he was really bathed in the glaring eerie light of an alien technology, the illumination should've automatically disabled his 'flash' (probably).

Sadly doubtful of this story...
i_want_to_believe_poster-r532ccd03f6934f1782cbe89bab499c73_za0h4_8byvr_1024.jpg

Oh! There's a photo there now.
Wasn't one earlier.

I see the photo has now been revealed!

These aliens seem to be inspired by our charity-shops: I'm thinking of those geometric perforated metal dishes for cakes or sweets. If we could get to the far side of one, I swear it would be engraved with a Silver Wedding message! :D

Note that OOOO_OOOO... lighting effect.

Is that a hint of a seven-segment LED number display underneath??
23164-3123031.jpg

Last edited:
For a moment I thought the bloke with the beard was supposed to be the alien.

One witness... middle of nowhere...

'A teaser? Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around
looking for planets which haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them.'

'Buzz them?' Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying making life difficult
for him.

'Yeah,' said Ford, 'they buzz them. They find some isolated spot with very few
people around, then land right by some poor unsuspecting soul whom no one's ever
going to believe and them strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennae
on their head and making beep beep noises. Rather childish really.'

About ten years ago, possibly even more, I was a member of a Scottish UFO group called East 2 West UFO Group. I was supposed to be their investigator on the west of Scotland, which I thought would be really cool.

I was a member of the group for a while but never had one single case reported.
The UFO scene is dead IMO.

Back