• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Secret Fortean Weapons & Modern Wars

gattino

Justified & Ancient
I really couldn't think of a succinct title to encapsulate what i wanted to start a random ramble about.

But in essence ..do the realities of international conflicts in the last 30 years effectively undermine claims of super secret (usually US) capabilities of a fortean nature?

Even as teenager back in the 80s I'd hear claims about the US Govt secretly - but somehow we knew about it - doing experiments into antimatter and invisibility (philadelphia experiment anyone?) and the like. More widely spoken about are such notions as brainwashing machines. MKUltra and Haarp and all that.
The most widely spread claim/suggestion these days is that either they have tech from aliens OR UFOS are themselves US, or Chinese, or Russian super advanced weapons/surveillance craft.
Project Stargate and men who stare at goats tell us they learned to see behind enemy lines and influence or even kill targets with trained psychics.

Yet in all the wars that the US has either been involved in or , as with Ukraine, actively taken sides...conflicts where such tech or abilities would surely finally find their ideal use...there's not a hint of it. Based on their public displays of military failure we can surely rule the Russians out as being behind UAPS. And if psychics can do something to alter a conflict, or remove a tyrant, they're taking their time about it.

The often reported suggestion that UFOs are drawn to nuclear sites etc (either out of concern or to save us by switchng them off)....with all the talk of using a nuke by Putin, why aren't they showing up? (Yes ive read the recent reports of exactly that in Ukraine but as best i can tell the location of the obervations is coincidental to the war. .its just where the team who decided to try and capture such arial objects was based)

At the start of the conflict i recall Uri Gellar saying he could stop it but on principle will only do so if asked by the authorities. Handy. I assume if and when it comes to an end he'll emerge to say they finally sought his help.

Surely America or American backed parties in conflicts in the last 30 years would be fearlessly and efficiently winning the battle before its even begun if any of these common ideas of what they've secretly mastered matched reality?

I really couldn't think of a succinct title to encapsulate what i wanted to start a random ramble about.

But in essence ..do the realities of international conflicts in the last 30 years effectively undermine claims of super secret (usually US) capabilities of a fortean nature?

Even as teenager back in the 80s I'd hear claims about the US Govt secretly - but somehow we knew about it - doing experiments into antimatter and invisibility (philadelphia experiment anyone?) and the like. More widely spoken about are such notions as brainwashing machines. MKUltra and Haarp and all that.
The most widely spread claim/suggestion these days is that either they have tech from aliens OR UFOS are themselves US, or Chinese, or Russian super advanced weapons/surveillance craft.
Project Stargate and men who stare at goats tell us they learned to see behind enemy lines and influence or even kill targets with trained psychics.

Yet in all the wars that the US has either been involved in or , as with Ukraine, actively taken sides...conflicts where such tech or abilities would surely finally find their ideal use...there's not a hint of it. Based on their public displays of military failure we can surely rule the Russians out as being behind UAPS. And if psychics can do something to alter a conflict, or remove a tyrant, they're taking their time about it.

The often reported suggestion that UFOs are drawn to nuclear sites etc (either out of concern or to save us by switchng them off)....with all the talk of using a nuke by Putin, why aren't they showing up? (Yes ive read the recent reports of exactly that in Ukraine but as best i can tell the location of the obervations is coincidental to the war. .its just where the team who decided to try and capture such arial objects was based)

At the start of the conflict i recall Uri Gellar saying he could stop it but on principle will only do so if asked by the authorities. Handy. I assume if and when it comes to an end he'll emerge to say they finally sought his help.

Surely America or American backed parties in conflicts in the last 30 years would be fearlessly and efficiently winning the battle before its even begun if any of these common ideas of what they've secretly mastered matched reality?
What a great topic!

Capacity and willingness to use are two different things. Willingness to use is the greater constraint, I think. Also willingness to use is influenced by public posturing, so capacity is almost always constrained. Thank heavens.

Exotic weapons are not necessary to ending conflicts apparently by magic.

The gulf war was greatly influenced by US ability to monitor and control communications, not just of its own forces and those of its allies, but those of Iraq - domestic and military.

I would imagine that anyone with particular 'powers' and/or knowledge of such, is quite quickly 'neutralised' by the other side.
They leave Gellar alone because he's harmless to anyone.
Also, don't forget- 'war is good' and makes a lot of money for certain people.

As someone with an interest in matters military, l see no evidence of Above Top Secret/alien technology in modern weaponry.

All recent advances - UAVs, stealth, precision-guided weapons, proximity fuses, depleted uranium penetrators, night vision, etc. - are simply incremental developments of existing technology.

maximus otter

As someone with an interest in matters military, l see no evidence of Above Top Secret/alien technology in modern weaponry.

All recent advances - UAVs, stealth, precision-guided weapons, proximity fuses, depleted uranium penetrators, night vision, etc. - are simply incremental developments of existing technology.

maximus otter

THEY paid you to post that.

... All recent advances - UAVs, stealth, precision-guided weapons, proximity fuses, depleted uranium penetrators, night vision, etc. - are simply incremental developments of existing technology. ...

With the exception of the depleted uranium rounds (essentially no more than an exercise in better bullets) all the items you listed represent technical advances hypothesized, promoted, and / or demonstrated (however primitively) up to a century ago. The lines of evolutionary development in such conventional / kinetic capabilities haven't been all that secret. Most folks don't understand, much less appreciate, the historical continuity in relevant R&D efforts that have been ongoing for decades.

There's always the aspect of a new technology being adapted as a weapon when that wasn't its intended use. The aeroplane developed very quickly because of WW1, although their use wasn't fully utilised. Lasers were originally an invention without a use but are now used in surgery, surveying, pointing (!) as well as military uses.
How would you adapt artificial gravity, for instance to be of use to the military? But you may want to keep it a secret in case the other side found a way before you did.
Cars able to run on water was always a popular restricted technology, but nobody ever mentioned how useful it would be for tanks to run on water.

... Cars able to run on water was always a popular restricted technology, but nobody ever mentioned how useful it would be for tanks to run on water.

It doesn't involve a magic engine using water, but the ability to use readily available fuel(s) in the field was definitely a factor in one battle tank application ...

Turbine engines were promoted for automotive use back in the Fifties and Sixties. One of the benefits was the ability to use a variety of petroleum fuels (gasoline; diesel fuel; jet fuel). The turbine engine wasn't adopted for mass market automobiles, but it's one of the signature features of the American M1 tanks. The ability to use diverse fuels reduces logistical vulnerabilities and limitations, and the poor fuel mileage that doomed turbines for use in cars isn't a problem for specialized military usage.

I missed this thread the first time round. I've also been pondering the same question lately as I have been knees deep in Gondola Wish and Star Gate stuff recently. The psychic/remote viewing angle was always deemed "with merit" and various reports said that it worked. But they also stated that remote viewing alone was not reliable. It should be used together with other intelligence. I think our abilities to gather other intelligence have advanced so far that the sparce information gleamed from remote viewing became defunct.

When it comes to hardware, it may be that any major advances have not been in the weaponry department but more in observation, tracking and as we have seen recently, radar upgrades.

How would you adapt artificial gravity, for instance to be of use to the military? But you may want to keep it a secret in case the other side found a way before you did.
Heh, heh. I applied a minute or so's thought to how to weaponise artificial gravity.

1) You reverse gravity on enemy soldiers until they are floating helplessly 10 meters or so in the air and are sitting ducks, then open up with conventional firearms.

2) You reverse gravity on enemy soldiers until they are 100 meters or so in the air, then turn off the artificial gravity. Death by natural causes.

3) You float a container-full of explosives over enemy positions and then let it drop...

I'm sure there are more entertainingly lethal options. Oooh, another:

4) Increase local gravity so enemy soldiers are pinned to the ground, or at least very slow moving, then deal with them.

5) A high-gravity field that sends enemy soldiers falling sideways until they hit something in their path.

I could have a lot of fun with this...

Edit:
Instead of it being lethal to the enemy, you can let your soldiers walk up walls, or jump over obstacles that would otherwise be too high or too wide.

Last edited:
There are those that claim the Tunguska event was due to a test of Tesla's death ray. Apparently it's on the opposite side of the globe to his lab or something.

If we suspend credulity and suppose it was, you can easily imagine some very concerned looks among Tesla and his assistants. I like to imagine he had assistants, one of them preferably named Igor. Followed by some rapid dismantling, and a mutual agreement to never speak of it again.

Edit:

Here is a reference:

https://www.newscientist.com/letter/mg17623644-800-tesla-and-tunguska/

Afterthought to the Tesla post - US government agents were supposed to have seized / destroyed many of tesla's paers after his death - wonder if that was concern over the Death Ray being documented among them?

Tesla’s inventing was better than his aim: The antipodes of Long Island, USA is off the coast of Perth, Western Australia:

https://www.antipodesmap.com/

maximus otter
He was aiming due north and allegedly overshot. So not truly 'opposite' but 'on the trajectory' I was a bit lazy in my comment because I don't believe it. Although I'd like to.

Back