• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Very good, faggus, I liked that pic that FT did some time ago, of some snapdragon seeds. They looked like cute little aliens . . .

Carole

They look like birds to me. Especially the middle one. The one on the left has vague genital overtones.

I see the first as mothman, the second as a miniture superhero lurking in the shados, and the third as a distorted putty man.

it's all a bit rorschrasch

H'mm, I can see where you're coming from on the first two, but the third one looks like an ostrich on speed . . .

Carole

The one on the left is a vulture, the middle one is a black parrot, the one on the right, I agree with Carole.

Astonishing Simulacra!

Well, I don't have a picture but I can direct you all to an uncanny simulacra. In Worcester, in a pub called 'The Eagle Vaults' on Friar Street, on the back of the toilet door in the Gents is a knot of wood which looks exactly like the father of Communist thought,Karl Marx! Enjoy!

I was going to say that, Bill . . .

It's a shame we ladies can't see this amazing likeness!

Carole

It is a little-known fact that evil capitalist-funded photo-masseurs
replaced all known images of the lovely Adonis-like Karl Marx with a
picture of a knot of wood in a toilet. :rolleyes:

Its a fair cop. Grammar eh? Who needs it... I would have provided a picture but there is something ever so odd about a man taking pictures in a lavatory. For the curious lady I can offer a dandy disguise which will allow the safe viewing of said simulacrum without fear of censure or embarrasment.

Jovian said:
For the curious lady I can offer a dandy disguise which will allow the safe viewing of said simulacrum without fear of censure or embarrasment.

In that case, I will borrow my beard and 'tash from the Victorian Gentleman's Club and get myself down to Worcester forsooth, for as we all know "the flushing classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The urinals have nothing to lose but their chains. Working toilets of the world unite!" :D

Um, Jovian, just wondering whether you've checked with the ladies to see if anyone had noticed a striking resemblence to Fred Engels?

Jane.

I'm quite frequently in the Eagle Vaults, but as I never go into the gents, I have to say I've never seen it. I'm going into Worcester tomorrow, as it happens, and I'd offer to get a pic, but I don't think strolling into the gents with a camera would do much for my reputation. :D

Sorry :D I failed. Next time I go in, I'll take a big false moustashe and a flat cap or something and give it a go.

Simularca in local rock formation

Hey,
I took this picture a few weeks ago of a local rock formation known as "Stone Face Rock". It's been around for as long as anyone can remember. What do you think. It is pretty remarkable looking on it in real life.

stone_face_rock.jpg

Hi ECPE

Take a look at this noble but gormless chap I snapped a few years ago on the Ben Tarsuinn ridge, Isle of Arran, Scotland.

Imperturbable said:
Hi ECPE

Take a look at this noble but gormless chap I snapped a few years ago on the Ben Tarsuinn ridge, Isle of Arran, Scotland.

Looks rather like a chinese dragon to me.

Cool!

Very cool. He looks rather pouty. I guess I would pout too if my face was made out of rock. :p

Simulacrum - Hitchcock/Rocket Exhaust

This photo shows the Delta 2 launch of the Mars Rover Opportunity. If you look at the cloud of steam in the lower left there is Alfred Hitchcock in profile. :imo:

I'll get my jacket and go back to the New Science forum now.

I think I know which one you mean (about Hitchcock) - it's the very very small one (relatively) right at the bottom left.

Here's a tree in the grounds of Lotherton Hall, near Leeds.

I think it likes me!:p

(I've turned the image upside-down)

That tree looks seriously spaced - what did you give him? :sceptic:

Where and what is Lotherton Hall (please don't say 'a place near Leeds'!)

You're probably all bored of simulacra now, but I'm particularly fond of this rock I found near Kielder.

Back