• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Phantom of the soap bar
9 Apr 2009

"An evil looking face appeared after Henry Everitt used the purple coloured bar to give himself a wash-down.

The amazed 27-year-old said: "It was so bizarre, I washed all over with the soap and I saw a face looking like the Scream mask.

"I've never seen anything like it before.

"I've heard of the face of Jesus in toast but this looks like a ghost." "
pic:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 369103.ece

...yeah, Scream-ghost-soap-bar was pretty lame. Now prepare yourself for the "Miracle Maple Leaf":

'Miracle' on a maple leaf : Woman finds an uplifting image
Apr 10, 2009

"SUDBURY —
Mimi DiMauro was doing yard work with her family in the fall of 2007 when her 24-year-old daughter, visiting from New York City, made a discovery that could be described as beyond beleaf.
She was off to one side of the lawn, raking and singing to herself, said her mother, when she make a stroke with the rake and noticed what looked like a face looking up at her.
She leaned over to get a closer look.
There, etched in black on the edge of a fallen maple leaf, was what looked to her like an image of Jesus."

""Three-quarters of the people I showed it too immediately saw the face of Jesus Christ. The other quarter saw Bob Marley or John Lennon," said DiMauro. "But when I asked that quarter if they were religious, right away they said, 'It's Jesus Christ."'"
http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/ ... ting-image

The Jesus Kit Kat bar

""Dear editor, this morning on my work, I am shocked rot. I took a bite of a chocolate bar and then I saw a face in the bar. Well, there are the recent years many Christ Apparitions, and I find that all rather far-fetched . In a pillow or a meteorite I read last. So first I could not believe it, but two of my colleagues agreed that I have seen. One of them has these photos. ""

http://translate.google.com.au/translat ... n&ie=UTF-8

IvanVolle said:
The Jesus Kit Kat bar

""Dear editor, this morning on my work, I am shocked rot. I took a bite of a chocolate bar and then I saw a face in the bar. Well, there are the recent years many Christ Apparitions, and I find that all rather far-fetched . In a pillow or a meteorite I read last. So first I could not believe it, but two of my colleagues agreed that I have seen. One of them has these photos. ""

http://translate.google.com.au/translat ... n&ie=UTF-8

Thanks, I'm now terrified of the amount of kit kats I may have eaten that have unknowingly featured Jesus's face.

Meteorites, churches, etc - Yes
Kit Kats, sugar based chocolate snacks - no

Well, at least that one looks like the Shroud of Turin, as opposed to John Lennon, Che Guevara, etc, etc! ;)

Well that settles it then - from this point on I shall worship chocolate without guilt cos God sent us all a sign.

I personally think the chocolate on a kit kat is superior in every way to any other chocolate anyway. Especially the chunky ones.

...now this is more like it, behold the mighty Hand of God exploding out of a supernova:
NASA Chandra X-ray observatory space picture dubbed 'hand of God'
April 16, 2009

"WE'VE already seen pictures of his eye ... now we have the first image of the hand of God.

A ghostly blue cloud seems to form an outstretched thumb and fingers grasping a ball of fire.

The amazing image was taken by NASA's Chandra X-ray observatory, which is orbiting 580km above the Earth.

It recalls pictures of the Helix planetary nebula, with its blue centre surrounded by white clouds which earned it the nickname "the eye of God"."

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story ... 39,00.html

I'm guessing it was meant to be a pneumatic drill but did anyone else think "DANGER! SUSPICIOUS CARDINAL AHEAD"?

reg_holding.jpg

....well I guess we see what we want to see....

...like here:
Dallas Couple Sees Jesus Inside Cheese Snack
May 16, 2009

"Many people have seen and heard about the likeness of Jesus turning up in unlikely places. Now, one North Texas family says they found Jesus in a cheese snack.
Dan Bell found his vision of Jesus last week at the gas station. "We were leaving town. I stopped by to fill up with gas and bought some snacks."
Inside a 99-cent bag of Cheetos brand cheese snacks, Dan and his wife Sara found something unique.
Sara recalls the discovery. "I was putting them in my hand and I had eaten most of the ones in my hand, and one was left lying there. And I said, 'Oh my gosh, look at this. It really looks like a person in a robe praying.'"
Dan looked over. "I said, 'Wow, it does look like a praying Jesus.'"
The couple nicknamed it "Cheesus.""

pics & vid:
http://cbs11tv.com/local/Cheesus.jesus. ... 11719.html

Dan and his wife Sara found something unique... :roll:

Family see Jesus image in Marmite.

It may not be immediately obvious to everyone, but one family are convinced they can see the face of Jesus on the lid of a jar of Marmite.

Question is...does Jesus really like marmite? :D

Jesus in a Jar:
...Another obvious Jesus appearance and this time it looks like he's sucking his thumb!

Ghostly image of Michael Jackson appears on car bonnet

A builder was stunned when he discovered a ghostly image of Michael Jackson on his car bonnet.

It appeared to show that the 'King of Pop' had made a swift ascent to the heavens after his death.

Father of two Gary Sloggett, 43, had taken some photographs of his Rover 200 with the intention of submitting them to a car sales magazine.

But when he uploaded the snaps onto his computer he was shocked to see Michael Jackson who had died just 13 hours earlier - staring back at him.

'It's quite extraordinary,' said Gary, of Stafford. 'The obvious explanation is that it seems to be some sort of cloud formation that just happened at the time.'

'But I've shown the picture to quite a few people and without prompting they all say: 'That's Jacko.'

'To be honest I'm a bit of a sceptic and I'm not the world's greatest Michael Jackson fan, but as soon as I saw the picture on my computer it set me thinking.

'I'm not saying I've been touched by any sort of presence, but it is pretty unusual. I was a bit bemused to say the least. '

Gary, who is married to Moira, 41, and has two children, Amy, 13, and Thomas, 11, went on: 'I didn't upload the pictures for a few days but I took them at around 10am on the day after Michael Jackson died.

'When I saw the picture I immediately turned to my wife and said: 'What is Michael Jackson doing on my car bonnet?'

'If you look at the picture for long enough it even looks as if he has got wings.'

Mr Sloggett eventually sold his Rover 200 for £650.

IT'S the Holy Roast!

Builder Oliver Bellerby discovered this incredible image of Jesus in a baking tray.

Oliver spotted the perfectly formed face of Christ in browned fat after cooking a burger for a dinner.

The 21-year-old, from Harrogate, Yorkshire, was stunned by what he saw in the leftover grease.

He said: "I went back to the kitchen after having dinner to get a drink and I just saw it straight away - the face of Jesus.

"My mate saw it too when I showed him. It blew us both away so we took a picture."

The amazing photo definitely burgers belief!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... rease.html

Amazing - and disturbing...

Icecap photo shows 'mother nature in tears'
A photograph of a shrinking icecap that looks like 'mother nature in tears' is set to become a stark image of the dangers of global warming.
By Louise Gray, Environment Correspondent
Published: 6:10PM BST 02 Sep 2009

Marine photographer and environmental lecturer Michael Nolan captured the pictures while on an annual voyage to observe the largest icecap in Norway Austfonna on July 16.

He said the image looked just like mother nature in tears, "as if she was crying about our inability to reduce global warming".

'Tears' in the natural sculpture were created by a waterfall of glacial water falling from one of the face's 'eyes'.

Mr Nolan has visited Norway's largest the icecap on the island of Nordaustlandet in the Svalbard archipelago for several years.

"The icescape changes every year I visit. Every summer the route has less ice as the polar cap retreats," he said.

"On this trip I was struck myself by the amazing image of a woman's face, a motherly face, crying. Totally natural but very animated because of the amount of melt water running off.

"This is how one would imagine mother nature would express her sentiments about our inability to reduce global warming. It seemed an obvious place for her to appear, on the front of a retreating ice shelf, crying.

"It exactly fits with my image of mother nature, wise to the way of the world, and saddened by it."

Jon Ove Hagen, a member of the World Glacier Monitoring Service (WGMS) and professor in geosciences at Oslo University, Norway, has been studying the Austfonna ice-shelf since 1988.

He said the Austfonna icecap has been shrinking by as much as 160 feet every year for several decades.

"The geometry of the ice cap is changing. The fronts are retreating, the lower parts are getting thinner, with a thinning rate of about three feet-per-year while the interior of the ice cap is thickening with about 1.6 feet-per-year," he said.

"The ice cap is losing about 1.6 cubic miles of ice every year."

" It is of course a concern, but not more than in other parts of the world were we see even more rapid changes than here."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthn ... tears.html

One of the better simulacra however how would you know just what Mother Nature looks like?

rynner2 said:
looked just like mother nature in tears

Is there an image I can compare somewhere?

mooks out

ooooh

(could do with some surgery on that conk!)

mooks out

I'm no climate change denier, but this kind of use of emotive language is very unhelpful. I'd be much happier if we just stuck with the facts and stop this childish anthropomorphising of the planet. If I was a denier, I'd be reaching for the sick bag right about now.

The article is a little sick-making, but I don't think you could say it was anthropomorphisis -- more like a bad extended metaphor.

Besides, 'mother nature' looks as if she has a runny nose rather than a tearful countenance.

Tommy Cooper appears on bottom of steak pie

Tommy Cooper appears on bottom of steak pie!

Comedian Tommy Cooper may have died 25 years ago but his likeness lives on - on the bottom of a steak pie.

article-1220691-06D60375000005DC-488_224x423.jpg
article-1220691-00BA305100000578-85_224x423.jpg

Chip shop owner Crad Jones discovered the image when eating his pie and chips in his shop in Caerphilly, South Wales, which was Cooper's home town.

Mr Jones, 45, said he called the manufacturers, Peter's Pies, when he noticed the silhouette so they could document his find.

He said: 'I was about to eat my lunch in the shop, as I normally do. I got my Peter's pie, which I always have with chips and peas, and noticed the resemblance of Tommy Cooper on the bottom of it.

'The comparison was amazing. It was definitely Tommy Cooper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1220691/Just-like---Tommy-Coopers-likeness-lives-on.html

Back