Spooky James Dean

KeyserXSoze

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Source
Haunted by rebel Dean for 40 years Jul 4 2004

PSYCHIC Monica Pearson claims she was haunted by the ghost of James Dean for 40 years - until she eventually told him to leave.

His presence never worried her and she came to regard him as part of the family.

But when Monica's husband, Jimmy, became terminally ill, she had to say goodbye to the ultimate rebel for good.

"There was no way I could focus on Jimmy with James around," said Monica, 60, who is a member of the Psychic Circle. "I remember sitting in my living room one day and said to him, 'There's no use hanging about - I will love you to eternity, but you have to go. You have to cross over'.

"He still hangs around now and again, I know he does."

Monica, from Bridgend, discovered her psychic gift at a very young age, but she had no idea it was the Rebel Without a Cause actor who had paid her a visit.

She said: "I was 12 and I was sitting in my bedroom reading, and listening to music. I looked up and this man came through the window. He literally melted from outside in. He was solid.

"He looked like a normal human being - he was in a brown suit and had an open neck white shirt. His hair was blonde, eyes blue and he had a cheeky grin. His hands were in his pockets. He walked past my bed and slowly walked through the wall.

"A few weeks later, I went to school and a friend showed me a picture in her magazine of James Dean. Everything went quiet. It was as though time stopped."
:eek!!!!:

MrRING

Antediluvian
Didja know the James Dean - Vampira connection?

In the evenings, Dean could usually be found at the Hamburger Hamlet, located at 8931 Sunset Boulevard, or at its next-door neighbor, Googie's, a low-price restaurant that was frequented by young actors. Like Dean, Googie's had a personality all its own. With its zigzaggy roof and bright decor, it epitomized a style known as Coffeeshop Modern---one of the all-night oases that dotted the Southern California landscape in the 1950s. Dressed in blue jeans and a leather jacket, Dean slumped in a booth in the rear, surrounded by a faithful group of friends. "He was like the maypole, and they were all tied to him," Sidney Skolsky claimed. Since even a few beers made him woozy, Dean drank cup after cup of coffee and chain-smoked (Chesterfields) through the night.

"Regardless of how much money he was making, he'd only pay for his own coffee," a crony recalled. "No tax, no tip, and no treating. He was a miser and he hung onto [his] money."

Among the regulars in the group, known as the Night Watch, was an attractive brunette actress named Mila Nurmi. A former exotic dancer and bit player, the lady had a flair for self_promotion that rivaled, and sometimes surpassed, Dean's own. Under the name Vampira she had become well known playing Charles Addams-like characters on a local television show.

One writer called her "the ghoul who gave people right in their own homes their daily creeps." Dean explained their friend_ship by saying, "I have a fairly adequate knowledge of satanic forces and I was interested to find out if this girl was obsessed with such a force." Vampira put their mutual interests more simply: "We have the same neuroses," she explained.

They had a weird, even macabre, relationship. At their first meeting, Dean took her to his apartment and gave her a Ray Bradbury story to read about a boy who had hanged himself in a garage. When he visited her house, he would climb in through the window. Once he cut up a studio publicity shot of himself, made a montage out of its eyes and ears, and pinned it on her wall as a calling card. (In 1959, Miss Nurmi finally went on to star in a movie, Plan 9 From Outer Space. The film garnered a cult following of its own---sometimes respectfully referred to as "the worst movie ever made.")

FULL STORY

river_styx

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Apparently his chest was covered in cigarette burns because of his masochistic tendencies. At one club he was known as the human ash tray.

Did I read that in FT or was it in a documentary?

ignatiusII

Ephemeral Spectre
I think that may have been in Hollywood Babylon...seeing this thread reminded me of sifting through a huge pile of old 'movie-star' magazines from the 40's to the late 60's when I was a kid. They'd belonged to a friend of the family and a bunch of us kids were commissioned to clean the old girl's garage. Anyway - on the back of one of the old, moldy rags was an advertisement for a life-size replica of James Dean's head with 'realistic skin-like plastic covering' and 'dreamy' blue eyes. The ad promised that the purchase of one of these heads would be akin to having Jimmy Dean stay with you forever. Aside from the issues of bad taste and rampant consumerism ( yes! now you too can possess a piece of your favorite celebrity...for a price! ) can you imagine keeping such a creepy friggin' thing in your house, much less your bedroom, waking up in the night to discover it staring at you with it's dead plastic eyes?

A

Anonymous

can you imagine keeping such a creepy friggin' thing in your house, much less your bedroom, waking up in the night to discover it staring at you with it's dead plastic eyes?
Certainly a lot weirder than some old mystic claiming that Jimmy Dean has been living with her. What were the company thinking of? Jeez!:eek!!!!:

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Looks like he may be making a comeback
James Dean CGI 'casting' angers Avengers star Chris Evans
  • 2 hours ago
Plans to feature a CGI version of long-dead actor James Dean in upcoming film Finding Jack have been greeted with scorn by some Hollywood stars.
Magic City Films obtained the rights to use Dean's image from his family.
"This is awful... the complete lack of understanding here is shameful," tweeted Avengers actor Chris Evans, while Lord of the Rings' Elijah Wood added: "NOPE."
Producer Anton Ernst said he will try to keep Dean's "legacy firmly intact".
"We feel very honoured that his family supports us," he said.

etc
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50330537

GNC

King-Sized Canary
And it's not as if anyone was creeped out by CGI Peter Cushing or CGI Carrie Fisher, was it?

Apparently it's a Vietnam War drama - why not go the full Roger Rabbit and put Bugs Bunny in there as well?

Plus they need an impersonator to do the Dean voice - I suggest Tommy Wiseau.