• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
ScriptShadow - a blogger who reviews the latest sold Hollywood screenplays (he caused a bit of stir last year by revealling Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan will contains an intense lesbian scence between Natalie Portman and Mila Kunas!) And right now he's having an "Alternative Draft Week" and today reviews Leigh Brackett's first draft of The Empire Strikes Back, which has some facinating bits that never made the final movie (or beyond this draft)

http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/2010/03/alternative-draft-week-original-empire.html

Usually ScriptShadow posts a pdf link to the scripts he reviews (until someone tells him to take it down - which is often - paranoid Hollywood execs are not his best friend!) this time, and to avoid any Imperial entanglements, he didn't even dare try :(

Red Letter Media's reviews of Avatar, the Star Trek films & Episode One are the greatest "amateur" on-line reviews ever. If you had to turn the review off because of the humour, you well and truly missed the joke. But within the jokes are very detailed & informed reviews. According to their web-site, the much anticipated "Attack of the Clones" 90 min review will be posted within the next few days.

http://www.blancscreencinema.com/redlettermedia/

UPDATE!!!!! It is on-line! If you have a sense of humour & a love/hate relationship with the Star Wars movies, then go check it out......if not, do nothing.

Tom Tom now have Darth Vader available as a SatNav voiceover, with C-3PO, Yoda and Han Solo coming soon. How cool is that!

DougalLongfoot said:
Tom Tom now have Darth Vader available as a SatNav voiceover, with C-3PO, Yoda and Han Solo coming soon. How cool is that!

Hmmmmm............ Left it is you want....... if the darkside you seek....... so right is the path for you.

Not sure I'd want the Yoda :lol:

I'm just a casual fan, but as the summer is making its entrance, I have traded my permanent use of hiking boots for these. Do I have to sign some kind of register of Geekdom now to keep me away from the impressionable?

adidas-star-wars-x-wing-samba-02.jpg

The full collection is here:
http://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/news20091208/

The 'Luke' baseball-boot styled one look great, but they're a little boyish for one of my advancing years, and the nice At-At ones would make me look even more like an 80s rock-reject...

DougalLongfoot said:
There's a fake outtakes reel somewhere which is hilarious.

I'd want the R2D2 one. Just to annoy people.

ADIDAS have created a promo film for their new sneakers HERE.

It's called Star Wars Cantina 2010 and takes place ten minutes before a World Cup kick off.

Noel Gallagher is in there, Greedo nearly shoots Beckham and Snoop Dog with a lightsabre is a trick missed by Lucas IMO !

H'enjoy !!

Moooksta said:
ADIDAS have created a promo film for their new sneakers... Noel Gallagher is in there, Greedo nearly shoots Beckham and Snoop Dog with a lightsabre is a trick missed by Lucas IMO !
Isn't that Ian Brown (of Stone Roses fame) sat with Gallagher?

I know I should recognise the guy playing with the blaster, too, but I'm temporarily stumped.

Anyone else see the Family Guy spoof of The Empire Strikes Back on BBC Three tonight? Not only was it hilarious, especially the Rocky IV montage, but it reminded me what a great film Empire is, making me feel weirdly emotional while I was laughing. Must be the music.

Next time I watch it I'll have to look out for Lando wearing Han Solo's clothes at the end...

Did 'Star Wars' become a toy story? Producer Gary Kurtz looks back

“I could see where things were headed,” Kurtz said. “The toy business began to drive the [Lucasfilm] empire. It’s a shame. They make three times as much on toys as they do on films. It’s natural to make decisions that protect the toy business, but that’s not the best thing for making quality films.”

He added: “The first film and ‘Empire’ were about story and character, but I could see that George’s priorities were changing."

We posed Darth Vader with a book taken from our shelves:

That imperial officer looks worryingly plausible :lol:

Not quite as bad as a SS officer i met at a fetish night once though, which was just scary.

3D latest:

'Star Wars' saga set for 3D release starting 2012
Films will roll out in order, starting with 'Phantom Menace'

Sources indicate that George Lucas is set on rereleasing the "Star Wars" franchise in new 3D conversions beginning in 2012. Although 3D versions have been rumored for some time, Lucas purportedly was waiting until there were enough screens available to make the release a sizable event.

Fox, which released all six original "Star Wars" films, also would release the 3D versions.

Episode I, "The Phantom Menace," would be first out of star-dock during early 2012. After that, each film would be released in order at the same time in consecutive years, depending on how well the first rerelease does.

FULL STORY

Not required thank you, George.

Coming in 2015, The Star Wars Saga, in suppository form! For the total experience.

:lol:

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Coming in 2015, The Star Wars Saga, in suppository form! For the total experience.

:lol:

More like "Coming in 2015, find out what Chewbacca smells like!"

Sod pumping out the same again on a format barely better than DVD, get the flipping adult-orientated live-action TV series sorted FFS!

Happy Star Wars Day! May the fourth be with you...

‘Star Wars’ Blu-ray Extras May Not Satisfy All Fans

The saga set comes with a bonus disc for each trilogy that includes deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; cast and crew interviews; and a flythrough of the Lucasfilm Archives.

The fact that the deleted scenes are available only with the six-film set is bound to tick off a few “Original Trilogy” purists, especially since we don’t yet know exactly which deleted scenes are going to be included. It’s a good bet, though, that if the set doesn’t include the original footage of Luke on Tatooine with Biggs and his friends, there may be riots.
The ninth disc is called “Star Wars Documentaries” and includes:

• 2007’s Star Warriors, an 84-minute profile of the 501st Legion, a fan group of Star Wars costume enthusiasts
• The 2010 retrospective “A Conversation With the Masters: The Empire Strikes Back 30 Years Later”
• A 91-minute collection of “Star Wars” spoofs from the likes of “Family Guy,” “The Simpsons” and Weird Al Yankovic
• The 1977 vintage featurette “The Making of Star Wars”
• The 1980 vintage featurette “The Empire Strikes Back: SPFX”
• The 1983 vintage featurette “Classic Creatures: Return of the Jedi”
• The 1997 “Special Edition” featurette “Anatomy of a Dewback”
• The 2007 documentary “Star Wars Tech,” a look at the technical aspects of the saga’s sci-fi vehicles, weapons and gadgetry

Back