• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Crimes

It's not any claim, it's only a report that there was a mishap. It only becomes a claim if work time is lost or medical treatment is sought.
I meant 'claim' as in any allocation of blame, not financial compensation. I.E. "Your claim that they were responsible ..."

Here you go. Jump to 12 minutes in.
It's incidental, not a spoiler. :bthumbup:

Had to hunt that fillum down, having only seen it the once decades ago and forgotten its title.

I'd remembered that scene with the crucifixes perfectly though. :thought:

Watching the scene on my MacBook, I glanced up at the TV where there was a male character in the same pose as Gordon's, standing to the left of a pale background, his back to cameras, right arm extended. :omg:

Oh yeah, and @Swifty - the reviled late dictator Idi Amin would have the limbs of murder/execution victims removed and stitched back on in incongruous positions.

Had to hunt that fillum down, having only seen it the once decades ago and forgotten its title.

I'd remembered that scene with the crucifixes perfectly though. :thought:

Watching the scene on my MacBook, I glanced up at the TV where there was a male character in the same pose as Gordon's, standing to the left of a pale background, his back to cameras, right arm extended. :omg:

Oh yeah, and @Swifty - the reviled late dictator Idi Amin would have the limbs of murder/execution victims removed and stitched back on in incongruous positions.
Say what you want about Idi Amin but he was always up for a laugh. He was a 'boy as they say in Norfolk.

Say what you want about Idi Amin but he was always up for a laugh. He was a 'boy as they say in Norfolk.
He liked to have posh British mistresses. One wrote a book that was serialised in the Observer, or else someone wrote one about her after she was dead or summat.

Anyway I read all about her back in the day.

He liked to have posh British mistresses. One wrote a book that was serialised in the Observer, or else someone wrote one about her after she was dead or summat.

Anyway I read all about her back in the day.
He certainly came across as a sex case in the drama film Last King Of Scotland. I guess a lot of women were too scared to say no to him.

He certainly came across as a sex case in the drama film Last King Of Scotland. I guess a lot of women were too scared to say no to him.
Yup, I believe the woman I was thinking of is portrayed in it.
Might have to catch it again.

I'm not certain - of course - but I could imagine the way his mind worked, he'd claim to be a Scottish King in order to make a claim for the English crown. The man's ego was matched by his craziness.

I'm not certain - of course - but I could imagine the way his mind worked, he'd claim to be a Scottish King in order to make a claim for the English crown. The man's ego was matched by his craziness.
Wasn't he granted an audience with The Queen at some stage? .. I think he was?. She had seriously poor decision making skills when it came to befriending men. A bit like my last flatmate in fact.

1702322848974.png

The bird was never the same after that encounter. One day he threw himself off the roof. Sadly, Rod Hull had his arm up Emu at the time and was fatally injured in the fall.
Did Emu survive? Or did he sustain grotesque internal injuries?

Doughnuts were left to spoil, she's obviously not a police officer.

A woman in Australia has been charged with stealing a delivery van packed with 10,000 Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

The van went missing from a petrol station in a Sydney suburb in the early hours of 29 November. Police found the vehicle abandoned a week later - along with thousands of spoiled doughnuts - at a car park.

They arrested the woman, 28, on Thursday. She was refused bail and faces charges including vehicle theft and driving while disqualified.

CCTV footage of the incident allegedly shows the woman lingering at the service station at around 04:00 local time (17:00 GMT on 28 November) before getting inside the unattended delivery van and then driving away.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-67712369

Australian woman charged with stealing van carrying 10,000 doughnuts

By Kelly Ng
BBC News, Singapore

A woman in Australia has been charged with stealing a delivery van packed with 10,000 Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

The van went missing from a petrol station in a Sydney suburb in the early hours of 29 November.

Police found the vehicle abandoned a week later - along with thousands of spoiled doughnuts - at a car park.

They arrested the woman, 28, on Thursday. She was refused bail and faces charges including vehicle theft and driving while disqualified.
CCTV footage of the incident allegedly shows the woman lingering at the service station at around 04:00 local time (17:00 GMT on 28 November) before getting inside the unattended delivery van and then driving away.

It is unclear if she knew the van contained 10,000 doughnuts.

Full Story:

Australian woman charged with stealing van carrying 10,000 doughnuts

By Kelly Ng
BBC News, Singapore

The van went missing from a petrol station in a Sydney suburb in the early hours of 29 November.

Police found the vehicle abandoned a week later - along with thousands of spoiled doughnuts - at a car park.

It is unclear if she knew the van contained 10,000 doughnuts.

Full Story:

Well, you wouldn't bother just stealing one Krispy Kreme doughnut would you?

Back