• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Suggestions About Re-Organisation: Move & Merge Requests

I'd just like to point out that in every single forum I've been a member of, necro-ing posts is considered improper at best and scathingly insulting at worst.

Here, not only do we encourage it, but we actually have mods who actively merge old and new threads!

I like it, as it keeps the information in one place, but I do have to remember when I'm on other forums to start a new thread. I suppose the irony is that on those other forums, the search functions actually works. :D

I'd just like to point out that in every single forum I've been a member of, necro-ing posts is considered improper at best and scathingly insulting at worst.

Here, not only do we encourage it, but we actually have mods who actively merge old and new threads!

I like it, as it keeps the information in one place, but I do have to remember when I'm on other forums to start a new thread. I suppose the irony is that on those other forums, the search functions actually works. :D

I am The Immortal Reanimator Ramon!

My post http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/more-political-correctness-gone-mad.24089/page-168 i about Pseudologia Fantastica not about politics.

It is recognized disorder mentioned in Enoch and Bell's famous book as well as other sources. Can I have my thread back please?

There's a few cases of this that I can add to the thread.

The particular case was under discussion on that thread, already at least 6 posts, thats why I moved it.

But I''ll put it back as a thread of its own.

Highlight the words you want to be the link, as-it-were, then click the icon that looks like a chain (not the broken one, mind you), then paste the link into the pop-up that shows up. Much easier than the previous incarnation of the forum....

EDIT: I apparently don't know enough about English to use parenthesis correctly....

Highlight the words you want to be the link, as-it-were, then click the icon that looks like a chain (not the broken one, mind you), then paste the link into the pop-up that shows up. Much easier than the previous incarnation of the forum....

EDIT: I apparently don't know enough about English to use parenthesis correctly....
Edit2: Apparently I cannot click on links well-enough, as I get a 404 error on yours, Dejanmokic....

Times have moved on, we have new members and Moderators, so I'd like to ask again if the Growing Old thread could be moved to the Human Condition forum (where in fact I originally posted it).

Growing Old is something that affects everyone, and it is the subject of scientific research - eg, my latest post:

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index...d-death-approaches.25458/page-87#post-1519386

The thread has been in Chat for far too long, which trivialises the subject.
Growing old and dying is something that affects everybody here - it surely epitomises the Human Condition.

Who says Yeah! :D

Times have moved on, we have new members and Moderators, so I'd like to ask again if the Growing Old thread could be moved to the Human Condition forum (where in fact I originally posted it).

Growing Old is something that affects everyone, and it is the subject of scientific research - eg, my latest post:

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index...d-death-approaches.25458/page-87#post-1519386

The thread has been in Chat for far too long, which trivialises the subject.
Growing old and dying is something that affects everybody here - it surely epitomises the Human Condition.

Who says Yeah! :D

Done.

Can the - Stick Out Tongue - smiley be altered? The deep pink colouring hides the tongue and leaves you the impression that someones got something stuck in their throat.

Back