• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Syria: Massacres, False Flags, Backroom Diplomacy & Endtimers

Robert Fisk’s press awards:

• Jacob's Award
• Amnesty International UK Press Awards
• British Press Awards
• International Journalist of the Year
• Reporter of the Year
• David Watt Prize
• Lannan Cultural Freedom Prize

His article on Syria merits attention.

DahQGrJXcAwouby.jpg

White helmets in action.

Maybe the fact they literally posted it with the "mannequin challenge" hashtag on twitter....

Not at first. Only after they were exposed. If this was the only time they did it then maybe they would deserve the benefit of the doubt but it has occurred on multiple occasions. Also, an organisation which presses for US military intervention and for air-strikes on urban areas could hardly be regarded as a Humanitarian NGO or a Civil Defence group.

Supposed "robot" responds. Vid at link.

Partisangirl ‏Verified account@Partisangirl
I'm that "#RussianBot" the @guardian and the British government warned you about.
6:45 PM - 20 Apr 2018

https://twitter.com/Partisangirl/status/987386740104036352

Partisangirl ‏Verified account@Partisangirl
In spite of what you have heard in the @Guardian and @SkyNews and I AM Human. I am not a machine! I bleed red. My name is Maram Susli and I am a journalist. This is how far the #FAKENEWS has come. @partisangirl

DbO6PFMU8AEzr_w.jpg

3:29 PM - 20 Apr 2018

Here's a screenshot of Sarah Abdallah(@sahouraxo)'s statement in response to the BBC smear piece against her. Read it from bottom to top.

DbJwkE8X0AI4MrL.jpg:large

Supposed "robot" responds. Vid at link.
Umm... @ramonmercado :

Would you be at all surprised if I were to tell you that this picture looks rather on the fake side..and that an ELA analysis almost-certainly points to image manipulation?http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=d814a05fcbde5cb36318475c8dbdafb36177f3d5.19974

2018-04-22 03.05.50.png

I especially-doubted the microphone in the original, and there is a high degree of pixel-oddness going on there. (nb I used a 4Chan larger (and hence more-original) version of the picture.

Of course, this may just be an innocent optimised depiction of incontrovertable reality. And not an adaptation of some stock image for the purposes of narrative support.

I disagree. Try Googling “Pallywood”.

maximus otter

Saw quite a lot of this on the old Harry's Place blog (I wonder whether that's still up and running). Bodies being repositioned and photographed multiple times in multiple poses and positions--sometimes at multiple tragedies because they weren't actually victims. I don't know how prevalent it is, but it undeniably occurs. There seems to be two schools of thought on the matter: a) That it shows how the cynical and exploitative the Palestinians are and lends weight to the argument that they don't have a very good claim to oppression if they need to exaggerate it for the international media. The alternative, b), is that robbed of means to argue their cause and fight on a level political playing-field with the Israeli government, they are forced to adopt the tactics of the underdog and use all opportunities at their disposal.

Obviously both are wrong, but, personally, when I see a group exploiting the dead I lose most of my sympathy no matter how just their cause might be.

Partisan - adjective, meaning (amongst other things) prejudiced in favour of a particular cause.
Synonyms are "one-sided", "biased", "discriminatory", "sectarian", "bigoted".

So her name is well chosen, presumably as some sort of ironic double or triple bluff.
Why though, would you have us believe the claims made by this cheerleader for Assad, Putin and Iran (who is also convinced that 9/11 was an "inside job") ?

This is clearly a war being fought as much on YouTube and Twitter as it is with barrel bombs and Kalashnikovs and it is obviously becoming difficult to separate fact from BS. I guess we need to ask ourselves though whether it would be better for Syria to become more like The West or more like Iran and Moscow?

Partisan - adjective, meaning (amongst other things) prejudiced in favour of a particular cause.
Synonyms are "one-sided", "biased", "discriminatory", "sectarian", "bigoted".

So her name is well chosen, presumably as some sort of ironic double or triple bluff.
Why though, would you have us believe the claims made by this cheerleader for Assad, Putin and Iran (who is also convinced that 9/11 was an "inside job") ?

This is clearly a war being fought as much on YouTube and Twitter as it is with barrel bombs and Kalashnikovs and it is obviously becoming difficult to separate fact from BS. I guess we need to ask ourselves though whether it would be better for Syria to become more like The West or more like Iran and Moscow?

Or is it better that Syria doesn't become more like Libya, a failed state?

Yes, she chooses the name Partisan. But she does exist.

Umm... @ramonmercado :

Would you be at all surprised if I were to tell you that this picture looks rather on the fake side..and that an ELA analysis almost-certainly points to image manipulation?http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=d814a05fcbde5cb36318475c8dbdafb36177f3d5.19974

View attachment 9385
I especially-doubted the microphone in the original, and there is a high degree of pixel-oddness going on there. (nb I used a 4Chan larger (and hence more-original) version of the picture.

Of course, this may just be an innocent optimised depiction of incontrovertable reality. And not an adaptation of some stock image for the purposes of narrative support.

What about the vid of her?

Wasa that created by CGI?

You won't cow me!

"But she does exist."

Who is claiming she doesn't?
Why the strawman argument?

I'm sure there are plenty of flesh and blood Iran/Putin/Assad propagandists.
Doesn't mean we should swallow their propaganda though.

"But she does exist."

Who is claiming she doesn't?
Why the strawman argument?

I'm sure there are plenty of flesh and blood Iran/Putin/Assad propagandists.
Doesn't mean we should swallow their propaganda though.

The BBC and Guardian were claiming that she didn't exist and was just a bot. A BBC article claiming just that was posted here. Hardly a strawman argument on my part.

You shouldn't swallow any propaganda no matter what the source.

But challenge the message being put forward, don't smear the messenger.

Sounds like a strawman argument.

The first Guardian article I found about her did not claim her non-existence, but the far more credible claim that she is a pro-Assad propagandist, with links to David Duke, the extreme anti-semite.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...hemical-weapons-conspiracy-theories-alt-right

Please read the posts above, in particular the BBC article, even Ermintuder doubted her existence. The smears thrown at her and other independent journalists are just that.

How could I be putting forward a straw man argument when I was directly responding to posts here?

Couldn't see a BBC link and the Guardian seems to call it absolutely right by describing her as an Assad propagandist.

Whatever she is, she sounds like a very nasty piece of work and I would be cautious about nailing your colours to her mast.

Couldn't see a BBC link and the Guardian seems to call it absolutely right by describing her as an Assad propagandist.

Whatever she is, she sounds like a very nasty piece of work and I would be cautious about nailing your colours to her mast.

I disagree, she is merely putting forward an alternative position to that of the MSM. I suspect both the BBC and Guardian will pay heavily in the courts for defaming her and other independent journalists, not a good idea to put FT at risk.

You really should read posts here before denying that they exist and accusing me of putting forward straw man arguments.

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index...iplomacy-endtimers.27100/page-21#post-1750038

But her propaganda IS the "MSM" in Moscow, Iran and what's left of Assad's empire.

Why are you so eager to accept their version of events over ours?

Last edited:
But her propaganda IS the "MSM" in Moscow, Iran and what's left of Assad's empire.

Why are you so eager to accept their version of events over ours.

Why are you so eager to accept the version of truth put forward by those who dragged us into war in in Iraq?

She is an independent journalist and should not be demonised.

You claimed I was putting forward strawman arguments and denied that the BBC article I was responding to was on this thread.

Would you please withdraw those allegations?

You mean this link?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-43745629

The BBC claim they tried to contact her but she declined.

The Guardian describes her as a real Assad propagandist.

Where does this straw man argument about her not existing come from?

THe BBC can't have tried very hard to contact her. Their efforts to do so will come out in court.

She has responded and I posted her responses here.

You claimed that no one had suggested she didn't exist and that I was putting forward strawman arguments.

I referred you to the BBC article, you claimed it hadn't been posted here.

I then supplied you with a link to the post here which had the BBC article.

But you still won't withdraw your allegations about me

Your posts here are not doing much for your own credibility.

Meanwhile the Saudis continue the slaughter in Yemen using US, UK and French weapons, tanks and jets. No fear of missiles raining down on Saudi airbases.

Twenty people were killed in an air strike by a Saudi-led military coalition in southwestern Yemen on Friday, residents said.

The attack hit a car transporting 20 passengers south of Taiz province, locals told Reuters. Six bodies had been identified but the rest were charred beyond recognition, they added.

A spokesman for the Saudi-led coalition said it would investigate the report, but declined to comment further. "We take this report very seriously," he said.

The coalition intervened in Yemen's civil war in 2015 against the Iran-aligned Houthis who ousted the internationally recognized government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi. The Houthis now control the capital Sanaa.

https://news.trust.org/item/20180420201638-pwkbk

Honestly don't know where you're going with this, ramonmercado.

You claimed that the BBC and Guardian stated this Assad/Putin/Iran propagandist doesn't exist, but I couldn't find any evedence to support your claim.

You also seem to have totally swallowed her propaganda, which is very much the mainstream media view in Moscow, Iran and Assad's domain, whereas I question it.

It therefore looks like another topic we will never agree on, so any further debate here would be futile.

Honestly don't know where you're going with this, ramonmercado.

You claimed that the BBC and Guardian stated this Assad/Putin/Iran propagandist doesn't exist, but I couldn't find any evedence to support your claim.

You also seem to have totally swallowed her propaganda, which is very much the mainstream media view in Moscow, Iran and Assad's domain, whereas I question it.

It therefore looks like another topic we will never agree on, so any further debate here would be futile.

Perhaps you missed this from the BBC article:
"In several pictures posted by Sarah Abdallah, items in the background - such as the house in this picture - are common to North America, rather than Lebanon"

It also claims she hasn't published any articles.

It's one thing for us to disagree on things it is quite another for you to suggest that I am deliberately misleading people here.

I said there were insinuations that she didn't exist and you denied that.

I referred to the BBC article, you denied the link had been posted here.

I supplied the post url and you denied that there was any insinuation of her not existing being in it.

I have now posted an actual quote from the article.

I now understand why some posters feel the need to post an article in full.

Will you now please withdraw your allegation that I was making all of this up?

Back