• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
You make a good point, Peni. That's the hardest thing to avoid when reading tarot for oneself. I've been reading for so loamy* years that I know where most of my bugbears are, but that doesn't make them easier to push aside.

I'll be back to posting readings as soon as I can get back on the PC. I'm on a tablet right now which makes it hell to type.

*Many. Darn auto-correct. See what I mean?

Last edited:
Hi Ulalume, could you do a reading for me please? I suppose a general reading on health, happiness and wealth if that's okay ? Many thanks.

Would you like to do a reading for me Ulalume?

Will keep the question to myself. promise to be open minded about your answer.

Hi Monstrosa,
The order of your cards is as follows: 1. justice reversed, 2.the page of wands, 3. the high priestess reversed, 4. six of pentacles reversed, 5. king of swords reversed, 6. five of swords reversed, 7. five of wands reversed 8. 3 of pentacles, 9. seven of swords, 10. judgement, reversed.

What stands out very strongly is that some injustice has been done to you. Something that rightfully belongs to you had been taken or withheld, even stolen. The anger at this injustice pours out of this reading and blots out everything else. The reversed king of swords likely represents the person who has the power to fix this, but he's not kind and he's not fair. If you know who the king of swords represents (generally, a man with light to medium brown hair, blue eyes and rather cold and selfish) you won't be able to deal with him by appealing to reason. Instead, you will have to compromise. This might be difficult, because - per the reversed judgement card - you aren't ready to let go of the injustice. You'll have to think of what you really want and what's most important to you in this situation and follow your conscience. Your happiness depends on the decision you make.

I hope this reading has some meaning to you. These cards seem to speak of a very specific situation and don't offer many other interpretations, so I do hope it answers your question.

Hi Ula,

Although this is not my reading it resonates very strongly with me.

I was actually expecting to be next, after Iris, and it was only when I checked back through the thread that I saw Monstrosa's request, before mine. I hope I haven't psychically queue-jumped and apologize if I have. Anyway, I will take the advice given as it is wise and sound. The situation it relates to is a very complex one and I have been avoiding it.

Monstrosa, when Ulalume posts my reading, see if it fits you.

Hi Ula,

Although this is not my reading it resonates very strongly with me.

I was actually expecting to be next, after Iris, and it was only when I checked back through the thread that I saw Monstrosa's request, before mine. I hope I haven't psychically queue-jumped and apologize if I have. Anyway, I will take the advice given as it is wise and sound. The situation it relates to is a very complex one and I have been avoiding it.

Monstrosa, when Ulalume posts my reading, see if it fits you.

Hi Rosebud - sorry for the delay. I'd done your reading, then lost the notes, spent most of the day searching for them (thinking it might confuse the readings to do another) but the notes have disappeared without a trace. I can't imagine where. :eek: Finally I decided I was meant to re-read your question, so, at last, here it is.

The order of your cards is as follows: 1. the ten of cups reversed, 2. page of swords, 3. two of pentacles, 4. the moon, 5. two of cups reversed, 6. the high priestess reversed, 7. the sun reversed, 8. five of wands reversed, 9. kight of pentacles reversed, 10. the king of wands.

First, both times I did your reading, I had a strong sense of a cozy little house, a snug and attractive place that was very comforting. I'm not sure if this has any meaning to you, if it's a reflection of where you live, or where you'd like to live, or of your personality, but it was particularly strong image/feeling.

Because of that I was expecting to see more of a happy home and romantic life in your reading, but instead, it looks as if you were crossed in love, or seriously let down by someone, at the very least. The first card down is the wish card reversed - at the heart of the matter is a wish that did not come true. In this reading (and the previous one, IIRC) the crossing cards were pages - so I suspect a younger person, unmarried, is the one who let you down. The two of pentacles is at the basis of the issue, generally a card to do with balance of material goods, but as Peni mentioned upthread, can also have to do with balance in other ways, too.

I'm going to interpret this thus: before this person caused upset in your life, things were going well, you were feeling balanced materially and spiritually, etc. Then the moon card comes into it. The moon card's motto is "things are not what they seem." There is deception here, seduction, trickery. Something you likely didn't see coming, because it was intentionally hidden from you. I have the sense that you may have taken a financial loss due to this person.

The crowning card (something that will influence your future) is the two of cups reversed - a disruption between lovers. If there is a romantic relationship you are concerned about, this is unfortunately not a good sign. Then again, if there's a romantic partner who isn't good for you, perhaps it's better if you were rid of them after all. The card of the future is the high priestess reversed. To me, this an outcome of the disruption indicated in the previous cards. Feeling tired and drained, out of touch with the things that make life happy and meaningful.

The card in the "self' position is the sun reversed, the meaning of which is important here, IMO, because while it does indicate feeling low and depressed, it isn't a negative or hopeless card. It tells you that joy and happiness are still available to you - you just feel shut off from those feelings at the moment. Be gentle with yourself at this time. If a wrong has been done, you may be impatient to fix it. If there is a person you wish would behave better or make things right, waiting for such a thing to happen may only make you feel worse.

Your final card is the king of wands, and he strikes me as a particularly nice and trustworthy fellow in this reading. An intellectual person, a creative type, whether he's a musician, academic or lawyer. Blonde or red hair, over 35. I believe he is someone who is going to help you deal with these issues and help you move on. You may already know him, but I have the feeling you will meet him in the near future.

In the first reading, the final card was strength. This is a good sign, too. You may have to give yourself time to gather this strength, but if you are careful and look after your own interests, the reserve of strength will be there when you need it.

I hope this gives you some guidance. It is does seem a bit like Monstrosa's reading, but there is much more sense of romantic feelings in this one. If your issue has more to do with injustice in an ethical and legal sense rather than love, then maybe Monstrosa's reading really was meant for you or vice versa. (And maybe explains why my notes disappeared so completely, 'cos they were trying to tell me I'd screwed up!) It's interesting you mention that your situation is complex, because like Novena's, this reading is also complex. The interpretation I just gave is a long one, but it really only scratches the surface of potential interpretations.

Just as an aside Ulalume, what does your deck look like? Are there any pics online?

The cards are these: http://www.usgamesinc.com/Universal-Waite-R-Tarot-Deck/
They're like the Rider-Waite with softer, more pastel colors. The original colors are too harsh for my eyes, so these soft ones are less distracting.

Oh, and a further note to everyone I haven't gotten to (or gotten back to) yet, don't worry, I will get there. The outside world just keeps interrupting, that's all.

Last edited:
Hi Rosebud - sorry for the delay. I'd done your reading, then lost the notes, spent most of the day searching for them (thinking it might confuse the readings to do another) but the notes have disappeared without a trace. I can't imagine where. :eek: Finally I decided I was meant to re-read your question, so, at last, here it is.

The order of your cards is as follows: 1. the ten of cups reversed, 2. page of swords, 3. two of pentacles, 4. the moon, 5. two of cups reversed, 6. the high priestess reversed, 7. the sun reversed, 8. five of wands reversed, 9. kight of pentacles reversed, 10. the king of wands.

First, both times I did your reading, I had a strong sense of a cozy little house, a snug and attractive place that was very comforting. I'm not sure if this has any meaning to you, if it's a reflection of where you live, or where you'd like to live, or of your personality, but it was particularly strong image/feeling.

Because of that I was expecting to see more of a happy home and romantic life in your reading, but instead, it looks as if you were crossed in love, or seriously let down by someone, at the very least. The first card down is the wish card reversed - at the heart of the matter is a wish that did not come true. In this reading (and the previous one, IIRC) the crossing cards were pages - so I suspect a younger person, unmarried, is the one who let you down. The two of pentacles is at the basis of the issue, generally a card to do with balance of material goods, but as Peni mentioned upthread, can also have to do with balance in other ways, too.

I'm going to interpret this thus: before this person caused upset in your life, things were going well, you were feeling balanced materially and spiritually, etc. Then the moon card comes into it. The moon card's motto is "things are not what they seem." There is deception here, seduction, trickery. Something you likely didn't see coming, because it was intentionally hidden from you. I have the sense that you may have taken a financial loss due to this person.

The crowning card (something that will influence your future) is the two of cups reversed - a disruption between lovers. If there is a romantic relationship you are concerned about, this is unfortunately not a good sign. Then again, if there's a romantic partner who isn't good for you, perhaps it's better if you were rid of them after all. The card of the future is the high priestess reversed. To me, this an outcome of the disruption indicated in the previous cards. Feeling tired and drained, out of touch with the things that make life happy and meaningful.

The card in the "self' position is the sun reversed, the meaning of which is important here, IMO, because while it does indicate feeling low and depressed, it isn't a negative or hopeless card. It tells you that joy and happiness are still available to you - you just feel shut off from those feelings at the moment. Be gentle with yourself at this time. If a wrong has been done, you may be impatient to fix it. If there is a person you wish would behave better or make things right, waiting for such a thing to happen may only make you feel worse.

Your final card is the king of wands, and he strikes me as a particularly nice and trustworthy fellow in this reading. An intellectual person, a creative type, whether he's a musician, academic or lawyer. Blonde or red hair, over 35. I believe he is someone who is going to help you deal with these issues and help you move on. You may already know him, but I have the feeling you will meet him in the near future.

In the first reading, the final card was strength. This is a good sign, too. You may have to give yourself time to gather this strength, but if you are careful and look after your own interests, the reserve of strength will be there when you need it.

I hope this gives you some guidance. It is does seem a bit like Monstrosa's reading, but there is much more sense of romantic feelings in this one. If your issue has more to do with injustice in an ethical and legal sense rather than love, then maybe Monstrosa's reading really was meant for you or vice versa. (And maybe explains why my notes disappeared so completely, 'cos they were trying to tell me I'd screwed up!) It's interesting you mention that your situation is complex, because like Novena's, this reading is also complex. The interpretation I just gave is a long one, but it really only scratches the surface of potential interpretations.

Wow, this one is also accurate. Although the events happened a long time ago, they were the basis for a lot of long term decisions - it may be time for a review. :)

Thank you, Ulalume, I'm grateful for your efforts and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to find a moment to respond. I'm struck by how much resonance there is in your words to my situation. I won't belabour this point by going through it word by word, but I will say the most interesting thing for me is that when I first saw your reading a couple of days ago, I was not aware of anyone who was opposed to the change: my parents had both seemed quite accepting of our plans, even though it meant they would see much less of us. But this morning I had quite a fraught conversation with my mother, who it turns out is harbouring quite a lot of negative feeling both about our grand plan and the way we are going about it :( I suspect much of this is displaced sadness at the thought that we are moving away - sadness that I share - but it was still hard to hear, given the way she chose to express it. It's intriguing that this was clear to you before it was to me.

Might you expand a little on the significance of the devil? I'm not quite sure about the material or physical aspects of the negative influences you mention, and more detail might help me here. That said, there is certainly some fear, or at least great uncertainty, about how taking this huge step will unfold.

Again, my thanks for your generosity in doing this reading for me.

Hi Krespostnoi,
I'm glad the reading was accurate for you. It's true, very often the cards (and other methods of divination) alert us to situations that we can't see at the moment, but are lurking in the background all the same. I don't know how it works (though I have my suspicions), but have seen it so often I know it does.

The devil card is illustrated with a male and female figure chained to a demonic creature. This is generally used to represent the way fear can keep us chained to the physical world instead of reaching a higher spiritual state. This can be acted out as greed, gluttony, lust (for sex or power) or any of those things that can interfere with spiritual development. It can mean straight up fear of the unknown (so we cling to what we can control) or even occult interests that have to do with manipulation for gain and temporal power. I would even put war-making and the fear that war inspires into this category, even if there are other cards that touch on that issue as well.

How would this work against your move? While it might seem strange that such a sinister-looking card might represent a concerned parent, it could be an apt description of the fear a parent feels at letting their child go. For instance, I have a loved one who is in the military, which is frankly terrifying and if I could have, I might have kept him locked in his room to keep him from going. However, this would have been interfering with his life and his choices in order to meet my own fear-based needs - a pretty good description of what the devil card is about.

Barring that anyone in your environment is toying with the occult, I would guess that is the most likely answer.

Hi Ulalume, much like escargot I need to change my job, I am also worried about my own health. Thanks.

Hi Chris,
Your cards are as follows:
1. ten of pentacles, 2. the king of pentacles, 3. the knight of swords, 4. the page of pentacles, 5. the moon reversed, 6. the fool, 7. the page of wands reversed, 8. 6 of wands, 9. the king of swords, 10. the wheel of fortune.

Despite your worries, this is one of the most fortunate readings I've seen in a long time (I woudn't mind one like this myself!) While it looks like your confidence has been shaken lately, the underlying structure of your life is actually quite sound. I see a successful family here, good business sense, inheritence, strong traditions.

There are a lot of pentacles here, which means either lots of material goods, lots of dark-haired dark-eyed people, or most likely both. The image I have - and you alone know whether this is right or wrong- is of a very traditional family with inherited wealth. Maybe there is a strong patriarch at the top. The downside to this scenario is that you may feel a bit small in comparison. If this is true for you, it might help to remember that this is an artificial construct, the kind of comparison that doesn't mean much out in the rest of the world if you don't allow it.

The card representing your future is the fool. To those who don't know about tarot symbolism, this might sound terrible, but it's not at all. Instead, it's quite wonderful! It represents child-like joy, innocence, a person taking a leap of faith. I think of the card having a similar meaning as "beginner's luck", or in Zen Buddhism, "beginner's mind", not encumbered by preconceived notions. The card representing the final outcome is the wheel of fortune. This is my favorite card in the deck - it means that fate and destiny are on your side right now, that the luck is with you. The combination of the fool and the wheel of fortune together show great opportunities for your future.

If there is a path you've always wanted to pursue, this is the time to try it.

So let's see if a remote reading by someone who doesn't know anything about my current situation gets around this problem. Or if inability to set up a people-reading loop offsets the objectivity too much. (I don't think tarot are mystical at all. I think they're an effective technique to clear away the conscious chatter and tell ourselves what we need to know, using the pattern- and symbol-using capacities of the brain. Cheaper than a therapist.)

Hi Peni,
First, while your question really is a mystery, I do read your blog, so know a wee bit about your life. (I don't want to give a false impression here!) I try not to let added information affect readings too much, but it's true that there's a people-reading loop that's just part of the process. (I don't mean gaining info for fraudulent purposes, BTW, sceptics...just what you would experience in an intimate conversation.) It's impossible not to relate empathetically to the querent, it's just somewhat more difficult when not in their presence. It'll be interesting to see if the fact that we are closer in distance (but still remote) makes a difference. Anyway, let's see how it works...

Your cards are as follows: 1. four of cups, reversed, 2. queen of swords reversed, 3. knight of wands, 4. two of wands, 5. the hermit reversed, 6. five of pentacles reversed, 7. six of pentacles reversed, 8. page of wands, 9. 3 of swords reversed, 10. four of swords.

The main feeling that comes from this layout is utter exhaustion. You want and need to rest, but life keeps giving you more than you feel prepared to deal with right now. In the past your productivity has been intense, but right now you feel tired and drawn toward isolation. There is some sorrow related to a romantic relationship, a seperation of some sort. That will be mended soon, but you must tread carefully because the relationship/situation feels difficult and fragile. If you are having financial difficulties, you might see a little relief there as well, but again, tread carefully. It's a situation that needs work to strengthen it. I'm seeing this in the reversed five of pentacles card, by the way.

In the "self" position is the reversed 6 of pentacles, which could indicate that you feel someone is witholding something from you, but given how exhausted this reading feels, I'm wondering if it's you, yourself, who feels too tired to give much right now. The reversed three of swords indicates holding on to sorrow. I see this card in this position surprisingly often. It's not really that we want grief in out lives, IMO, but more that we get used to it and we don't know how to live without it anymore.

The final outcome card is the four of swords, which means a much-deserved rest. I believe the situation that's been troubling you will be brought under control enough for you to have some down time and gather enough strength for the next part of the journey.

In addition, I had an an image pop into my head of a ship's anchor, relating to you. Don't know if that has any meaning, but thought I'd throw it in there just in case. :)

Hi Ulalume, could you do a reading for me please? I suppose a general reading on health, happiness and wealth if that's okay ? Many thanks.

Hi Truantmuse ( I keep wanting to write your name as truantmouse, which would be quite a different idea!)
I've done your reading, and the layout of your cards is as follows:
1. ace of wands, 2.ten of cups, 3.king of swords, 4. the tower, 5. knight of cups reversed, 6. three of wands, 7. page of pentacles reversed, 8. ace of cups, 9. temperance, 10. six of pentacles reversed.

There are two men in your reading, an older man (a father figure, perhaps?) and a younger one who really stand out. Something has happened recently, an unpleasant event or some secret that's been exposed. You'd like to recover yourself and get back on your feet and you're full of ideas about how to go about it. There is a wish you'd very much like to come true. If this is so, I would caution you to think carefully about your plans, because there is a risk of hubris in the future, feeling you've won the battle only to be knocked off your victory seat.

It looks as if you'd like to be cool and calm about this situation in your life, but might be finding that difficut, because inside you feel impatient and you can't get a break where this is concerned. The thing is, the knight of cups reversed in the crowning position (the younger man) is going to cause you trouble. Whenever I see that card in my own readings, I know I'm going to meet some charming guy, the innocent-looking type who will rob you blind without a second thought. This is always a card (and a person) to watch out for, IME. If you haven't met him yet, you will soon.

Your final card is the six of pentacles reversed, which in this context I believe is another warning about being taken advantage of. This combined with the reversed knight of cups leads me to strongly caution you against working with this person or otherwise bringing him into your plans. He's not trustworthy, even if he makes a good show of it to your face.

You have great potential here with the wish card (the ten of cups) in the crossing position, so this would be a good time to think very carefully about your plans. You don't want to stumble into a situation that will cause you to lose that potential. I would say this is a time to follow your head, not your heart. Your heart is likely to mislead you right now.

Many thanks For the reading Ulalume. I appreciate it very much.

Regarding the reading itself, the early bit about the unpleasant event and the need to recover from it is really spot on. Unfortunately I don't really have many ideas on how to go about doing that. Still I will keep the advice in mind and think carefully about my plans.

The bit about the untrustworthy younger man, it doesn't necessarily refer to an emotional entanglement right? I wonder if it could be a work place colleague who may ask me to do something for him. As you said I don't think I've met this person yet but I will certainly keep my eyes open and follow my head. Thanks for the heads up!

Many thanks For the reading Ulalume. I appreciate it very much.

Regarding the reading itself, the early bit about the unpleasant event and the need to recover from it is really spot on. Unfortunately I don't really have many ideas on how to go about doing that. Still I will keep the advice in mind and think carefully about my plans.

The bit about the untrustworthy younger man, it doesn't necessarily refer to an emotional entanglement right? I wonder if it could be a work place colleague who may ask me to do something for him. As you said I don't think I've met this person yet but I will certainly keep my eyes open and follow my head. Thanks for the heads up!

IMO, even if you don't feel you have ideas now, they are going to be figuring big before long, since the ace of wands is your first card. The aces mean beginnings, so you may be at a starting point now.

The knight does not have to be a romantic entanglement, it could be any unmarried man from (generally) between 21 and 35 years old. The cups usually represent blue eyes and light to medium brown hair, but really it's his demeanor that's the important part. He seems sweet and innocent but is a rat underneath.

I put so much weight on him on this reading because he has the potential to be a big influence on your future. If it's a work colleague, for instance, he would be the type to tempt you into something that would turn around and get you into trouble at your job. If it is a romantic entanglement, he's the type to break your heart.

As long as you follow your head and keep your wits about you, though, you should be all right. :)

Ulalume, could you give the rest of the reading for me?

Hi Krespostnoi,
I'm glad the reading was accurate for you. It's true, very often the cards (and other methods of divination) alert us to situations that we can't see at the moment, but are lurking in the background all the same. I don't know how it works (though I have my suspicions), but have seen it so often I know it does.

The devil card is illustrated with a male and female figure chained to a demonic creature. This is generally used to represent the way fear can keep us chained to the physical world instead of reaching a higher spiritual state. This can be acted out as greed, gluttony, lust (for sex or power) or any of those things that can interfere with spiritual development. It can mean straight up fear of the unknown (so we cling to what we can control) or even occult interests that have to do with manipulation for gain and temporal power. I would even put war-making and the fear that war inspires into this category, even if there are other cards that touch on that issue as well.

How would this work against your move? While it might seem strange that such a sinister-looking card might represent a concerned parent, it could be an apt description of the fear a parent feels at letting their child go. For instance, I have a loved one who is in the military, which is frankly terrifying and if I could have, I might have kept him locked in his room to keep him from going. However, this would have been interfering with his life and his choices in order to meet my own fear-based needs - a pretty good description of what the devil card is about.

Barring that anyone in your environment is toying with the occult, I would guess that is the most likely answer.

Thank you for expanding, that all makes sense. I can see another inter-generational, uh, difference of opinion there as well: my elder daughter has very mixed feelings about the move, too.

Hi all,
I have a medical appointment today that was unexpected (I know, I know, I didn't read my own fortune :rolleyes:) and I'm rather anxiety ridden at the moment. I'll catch up with all correspondence later on today when I can think straight.

Monstrosa, I didn't know if you wanted another reading or preferred to write the other off as simply inaccurate. If you want another, I will do it.

Escargot, you don't know the half of it! When I used to read professionally, I must have been in possession of half the town's torrid secrets. :eek: Maybe the most important skill a tarot reader can have is the ability to keep her mouth shut.
Because of that, I almost never do a reading in an open setting (but we're all trustworthy here on the board, right? ;))

Krepostnoi, I hope your reading will help you cope with some of those inter-generational squabbles. Forewarned is forearmed, and when you can anticipate where problems might arise, life tends to go much more smoothly, IMO.

Take your time sweetie.
I'd like the rest of the first reading, to see if it was accurate. Then another reading thank you.

Hi Monstrosa,
I've gone over the notes for your original reading to see what else I could pull from the cards. It doesn't want to yield much. In the "self" position (that is, how you feel about the situation yourself) is the reversed seven of wands, which indicates you may feel too passive about your situation, that you may be too willing to give up the fight. In the hope/desire position there is the three of pentacles which indicates a desire to succeed using social skills and building friendships. Otherwise, so many of the other cards point toward this battle involving an injustice.The final card (judgment, reversed) indicated that the problem wouldn't be resolved yet due to not being able move on and the other party being unreasonable. The only way to resolve the issue would be compromise.

It's hard to get any more from it than that, and since you mentioned it didn't resonate with you, I did another layout:
1. the queen of pentacles, 2. 7 of pentacles, 3. the page of swords, 4. the king of cups reversed, 5. the wheel of fotune reversed, 6. the knight of cups reversed, 7. eight of wands reversed, 8. the six of wands reversed,
9. five of cups reversed, 10. the tower reversed.

This one is slightly different, though it still has a feeling of struggle with it. Both readings have a high number of reversed cards - which aren't always negative, BTW - but it gives the sense of hitting so many bumps in the road, as if things haven't gone smoothly for you.

The first card is the queen of pentacles, a warm and nurturing personality. Crossing that is the seven of pentacles, which represents working very hard without knowing if there will be any reward. In the recent past, there is a similarity with your first reading: a man who is inclined to misuse his power. While the reversed king of swords was in the crowning position (an influence on your future) in your original reading, the reversed king of cups is now part of the recent past in your current reading. Neither one of these reversed kings is a particularly nice person, and given the position in the reading, I feel they may represent the same person. You may want to check your interactions in the past few days for a person fitting this description.

The other cards in the spread again represent continued struggles in your life. In the "self" position, there is the eight of wands reversed, showing missed messages and/or feelings of jealousy. If either of these is accurate, only you will be able to say which. The hope/desire position is the five of cups reversed, which shows a hope for an end to the struggle and the renewal of friendships and return of things lost in the past. There is still a tricky/unethical person around you though, perhaps related to that king. It really does look like there's a person in your life who continually aims to make things hard for you.

The final outcome card is the tower reversed, which shows you have gone through a very difficult time, perhaps with a loss of safety and security, but you have now come though this hardship. The hard work shown in the second card has paid off, and you are on your way to the next part of the journey. If you can rely on the nuturing part of your personality or find nurturance in someone else, it will make things a little easier for you.

I hope this reading has some resonance. To me, it looks as if some situation has come to pass in the days since the first reading, so examining the reading with this in mind might shed further light on it.

Hi Ulalume, I'm pretty late to the party but I was wondering if you could do a reading for me if you have a moment? I have a lot on my mind at the moment and I have no who to turn to or where my life seems to be headed. I just need a wee clue good or bad as to what is going on. Thanks for your time.

While it looks like your confidence has been shaken lately

Thanks for the reading, the above is spot on.

Yes, dark haired and dark eyed people, girls in particular are plenty in my life. I'm hoping for another.(black irish)

Man, I knew I should have stopped by the boards sooner.

Anyways, hope you're in good health, Ulalume.

Last edited:
Hi Peni,
First, while your question really is a mystery, I do read your blog, so know a wee bit about your life. (I don't want to give a false impression here!) I try not to let added information affect readings too much, but it's true that there's a people-reading loop that's just part of the process. (I don't mean gaining info for fraudulent purposes, BTW, sceptics...just what you would experience in an intimate conversation.) It's impossible not to relate empathetically to the querent, it's just somewhat more difficult when not in their presence. It'll be interesting to see if the fact that we are closer in distance (but still remote) makes a difference. Anyway, let's see how it works...

Your cards are as follows: 1. four of cups, reversed, 2. queen of swords reversed, 3. knight of wands, 4. two of wands, 5. the hermit reversed, 6. five of pentacles reversed, 7. six of pentacles reversed, 8. page of wands, 9. 3 of swords reversed, 10. four of swords.

The main feeling that comes from this layout is utter exhaustion....

The final outcome card is the four of swords, which means a much-deserved rest. I believe the situation that's been troubling you will be brought under control enough for you to have some down time and gather enough strength for the next part of the journey.

In addition, I had an an image pop into my head of a ship's anchor, relating to you. Don't know if that has any meaning, but thought I'd throw it in there just in case. :)
I'm glad you did this reading and not me - all those swords would've scared me witless. If your accuracy is increased by your reading my blog, its usefulness is, too, so that's fine with me. I am perennially exhausted - yet it seems to me I've had plenty of time to rest and should be back on my feet again. I suspect "depression" may be a more accurate term than "exhaustion," but they're difficult to tell apart. That romantic sorrow is ten years old this last January and is probably as worked out as it ever will be. Some things, we will always have to live with. It's true enough that I do not have permission from myself to do as little as I do these days. This does not seem, on the face of it, to be directly related to the thing I've been worried about, but the tests are back and the worst case scenario is not indicated at this time, nor is any clear direction for future tests indicated, so perhaps I just need to get more sleep and ride it out. That doesn't get the housework done or the stories in the mail, alas...sorry to be mysterious. I'm not prepared to talk about certain things publicly.

The anchor is mysterious. Perhaps it leaked in from somewhere else? My dad has an anchor tattoo (which is weird, since he was in the Air Force), but I'm not particularly worried about my dad right now and that's not the first thing that'd pop into my head to identify him. A little reflection can apply several metaphoric usages of "anchor" that'd be appropriate to me, but of whom is that not true? We all have our anchors, or serve as anchors for other people.

Thank you for the effort. I'll see if I can make myself take the implied advice.

Very late to the party on this one but if you ever feel like doing any more readings Ulalume, I would love one.

Feeling very much like I've lost my way recently, so anything that suggests a route forward / out would be great :)

Very late to the party on this one but if you ever feel like doing any more readings Ulalume, I would love one.

Feeling very much like I've lost my way recently, so anything that suggests a route forward / out would be great :)

I may do more readings in the future, when I have more energy. The week of readings left me rather drained and right now I feel any readings may not have as much accuracy as they should. Surprisingly, it took much more energy to read for people at a distance that it does face-to-face.

I'll let you all know when I feel able to try again.
Thanks to everyone here for giving me the opportunity to read for you.

Back