• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
They're here! So excited, I've been looking through them, all so beautiful.

Deviant Moon: I think this is going to be my "starter deck" because it's very easy to read and understand. I really connect with the artist's vision (he put the whole story on his website, how he started designing Deviant Moon while a teenager in the 80s. Absolutely gorgeous, I'm going to get a lot of use out of them. Thanks for the recommendation, @Mrs Migs!

Crow Tarot: Also gorgeous but a bit more esoteric, I'm going to have to get better at interpreting the cards before this deck really makes an impact for me. It's gorgeous and crows, ravens and rooks are among my favorite birds. Also came packaged in a sturdy 2 part heavy cardboard box instead of the flimsy cardboard thing that comes on most decks.

I'm going to do a bit of working with Deviant Moon, so if you'd like a strictly amateur 3 card reading, think of the reasons or nature of your question/query (don't have to type it if you don't want to) and reply below and I'll reply as soon as I can.

I'm going to do a bit of working with Deviant Moon, so if you'd like a strictly amateur 3 card reading, think of the reasons or nature of your question/query (don't have to type it if you don't want to) and reply below and I'll reply as soon as I can
It's very kind of you to offer. I'd be very grateful for a read. I have a specific question in mind, but would prefer not to post it on thread, if that's OK?

It's very kind of you to offer. I'd be very grateful for a read. I have a specific question in mind, but would prefer not to post it on thread, if that's OK?
IMG_1320.jpg

You've been through a tough time of late, and the Seven of Wands says that will be coming to an end soon, but it won't be a great result, more like you'll be right back where you started. Although you'll think "life can't get any worse" the Wheel of Fortune card is telling you this is your rebirth, this is where you try something differnet to reach your goals. The High Priestess is telling you that your intuition is correct, but reversed means you're either not listening or not heeding. Spend some time meditating (ruminating?) on the issue, especially if another is involved. Put your heads together, take charge and make a change as your current situation comes to an end.

View attachment 73478

You've been through a tough time of late, and the Seven of Wands says that will be coming to an end soon, but it won't be a great result, more like you'll be right back where you started. Although you'll think "life can't get any worse" the Wheel of Fortune card is telling you this is your rebirth, this is where you try something differnet to reach your goals. The High Priestess is telling you that your intuition is correct, but reversed means you're either not listening or not heeding. Spend some time meditating (ruminating?) on the issue, especially if another is involved. Put your heads together, take charge and make a change as your current situation comes to an end.
Thank you. It rings true to the situation, especially that at the moment I'm not in tune with my intuition around it, so that's a helpful reminder to try and re-attune my conscious mind to it. Regarding the wheel of fortune, the challenge has very much been and continues to be in identifying what that different approach might comprise.

Thanks again, you've suggested a useful direction in which to put my attention.

I’m surprised that no-one has mentioned the only tarot reading that l can recall being depicted in a major film, featured in Ridley Scott’s breathtaking The Duellists. I cannot recommend this film too highly. lt’s a consummate depiction of life in Napoleonic Europe during the wars, every image from which could be framed and hung on your wall as a piece of art.

Thumbnail: Two French cavalry officers - the demented Feraud and the long-suffering d’Hubert - fight a series of vicious duels over a 20-year period, provoked entirely by Feraud’s hero worship of Bonaparte.

In the scene l describe, d’Hubert’s mistress Laura consults a tarot reader for advice as to whether to leave him because of his unwilling participation in Feraud’s insanity.

FF to 1:10 for the scene (note that the fight which follows is exciting, but graphic):

maximus otter

Aydee-Aitchdee I'd love to have a reading if you feel so inclined.
I'd mainly like to know how health will be.
IMG_1322.jpg

Temperance speaks of harmony and balance. If you have any bad habits that are affecting your health, now is the time to change them. The Hanged Man is saying you're "hung up" in that you can't seem to move forward, so the answer is to take a step back and re-assess. Change is coming, if you don't fight it, new perspectives and opportunities will flow your way. The King of Cups heralds compassion, kindness and healing. It may represent an older man in your life who is patient, thoughtful and compassionate or it may just be telling you that healing is coming and you'll feel better soon.

Upon chewing on both readings, I've come up with a few take aways

@Krepostnoi A little bell rang in my head, so I confirmed it. If your current question is related to the situation that Ullalume referenced, the cards are saying...go back to the start and try something different, but make sure to set a firm foundation on which to build and you'll find more success.

@Iris The more I thought about it, the more I think the cards are saying that there's a need to moderate and be more balanced with emotions. If your out of control emotions are affecting your health, this is a wake up call to get a handle on them. Find a sympathetic person to lean on, and/or learn mindfulness or meditation. It could also be referring to someone in your life whose battling their emotions, causing stress to you. If that's the case, limit your interactions if you can, and if you can't, be the sympathetic ear to them, but don't allow their turbulence to affect your health.

They're here! So excited, I've been looking through them, all so beautiful.

Deviant Moon: I think this is going to be my "starter deck" because it's very easy to read and understand. I really connect with the artist's vision (he put the whole story on his website, how he started designing Deviant Moon while a teenager in the 80s. Absolutely gorgeous, I'm going to get a lot of use out of them. Thanks for the recommendation, @Mrs Migs!

Crow Tarot: Also gorgeous but a bit more esoteric, I'm going to have to get better at interpreting the cards before this deck really makes an impact for me. It's gorgeous and crows, ravens and rooks are among my favorite birds. Also came packaged in a sturdy 2 part heavy cardboard box instead of the flimsy cardboard thing that comes on most decks.

I'm going to do a bit of working with Deviant Moon, so if you'd like a strictly amateur 3 card reading, think of the reasons or nature of your question/query (don't have to type it if you don't want to) and reply below and I'll reply as soon as I
Hiya - would you be able to do a reading for me? I’m wondering how the next 12 months will pan out. I’m thinking about taking early retirement, but not sure it’s the right move. I struggle to read for myself cos I overthink! Thank you and no rush!

I'd love to @Mrs Migs!

IMG_1323.jpg

I'd say this is referring to partnerships/families, it could be your actual family or it could be work i.e. work family. It's saying that although things are happy and rosy and fulfilling right now, there's a situation occurring or will occur this year that will be very trying, and you must have patience, be a good listener but keep your hands off as it's out of your control. It will resolve itself and the truth will be revealed.

I then chose another 2 cards, to give you the pros and cons of retiring early

IMG_1326.jpg

Pro: Six of Swords (reversed) This card is saying you have a decision to make, but you're unsure if you can "let go" so in terms of retiring early, you're looking at the decision in terms of limitations, try looking at it in terms of the benefits you'll get from retiring early and see if that helps you to reach a decision you're happy with.

Con: The Empress (reversed) Feeling uninspired, sluggish, disconnected, unappreciated. Looking at this intuitively, I get a sense that if you decide to keep working, the thought of being retired will dog your footsteps. I can't tell you whether or not to retire early, but the cards appear to be saying you'll lose your motivation and enthusiasm to work.

You can ask for a reading, it's ok.
:D

You bet, I'll get to it in a minute, finishing up my morning spread. Do you want Deviant Moon or Crow?
I will trust you to choose. Is that OK, or is choosing a necessary input from me?

Nope, I can choose and I think I'll do Deviant Moon for your spread, it just feels....right. I'll get started on it, so just think about what it is you want the cards to illuminate.

Thank you. :)

What's uppermost on my mind is Techy's health and whether he'll be better to stay at work, ask for redundancy, negotiate a different job role or whatever.

Thank you for the challenge, Scargie, I had to work to figure this out, this is what I have for you:

IMG_1329.jpg

One some levels, there's a dissatisfaction with life. You don't know what you want, just that you want something different. Part of that dissatisfaction is mental - stop telling yourself life sucks, it doesn't really. Get back to what makes you happy, especially if you can share that activity with people. At the same time, this dissatisfaction is preventing you from appreciating all you have, as well as closing you off from new opportunities. Get involved in something you love, especially if it's with other people in your life. That will bring you new opportunities, as well as motivation and zeal to move forward.

Thank you for the challenge, Scargie, I had to work to figure this out, this is what I have for you:

View attachment 73534

One some levels, there's a dissatisfaction with life. You don't know what you want, just that you want something different. Part of that dissatisfaction is mental - stop telling yourself life sucks, it doesn't really. Get back to what makes you happy, especially if you can share that activity with people. At the same time, this dissatisfaction is preventing you from appreciating all you have, as well as closing you off from new opportunities. Get involved in something you love, especially if it's with other people in your life. That will bring you new opportunities, as well as motivation and zeal to move forward.
This is Techy to the life. :cool:

@escargot Didn't see about Techy, here's what I drew for him:

1706878983058.png

King of Wands: A man - Leo, Aries or Sagittarius, a natural leader, knows how to bring out the best in others.

1706878169678.png

Says a lot about your relationship there... waggles eyebrows

1706878315807.png

3 of Wands - Can mean recovery from illness or injury, or moving on from an illness

Last edited:
This applies to Techy, Not surprisingly, as all that's currently worrying me in the world is him.

My own health is good, I like my job, I have money for emergencies, there is a posh new sewing machine awaiting delivery that will keep me out of trouble for the foreseeable. :)

I'd love to @Mrs Migs!

View attachment 73527

I'd say this is referring to partnerships/families, it could be your actual family or it could be work i.e. work family. It's saying that although things are happy and rosy and fulfilling right now, there's a situation occurring or will occur this year that will be very trying, and you must have patience, be a good listener but keep your hands off as it's out of your control. It will resolve itself and the truth will be revealed.

I then chose another 2 cards, to give you the pros and cons of retiring early

View attachment 73528

Pro: Six of Swords (reversed) This card is saying you have a decision to make, but you're unsure if you can "let go" so in terms of retiring early, you're looking at the decision in terms of limitations, try looking at it in terms of the benefits you'll get from retiring early and see if that helps you to reach a decision you're happy with.

Con: The Empress (reversed) Feeling uninspired, sluggish, disconnected, unappreciated. Looking at this intuitively, I get a sense that if you decide to keep working, the thought of being retired will dog your footsteps. I can't tell you whether or not to retire early, but the cards appear to be saying you'll lose your motivation and enthusiasm to work.
Fabulous! I think you have a real flair for this, and what you’ve said really does resonate with me. I will let you know how things go. Thank you very much!

I'd be very grateful for a reading when it's my turn. Thanks in advance!

I'd love to!
recycled.png

This one is pretty straight forward. The King of Swords card is saying there's a need to analyze and re-evaluate your goals and figure out all the facts. It may also involve a man who is a professional, probably in the legal or financial field. Continuing on to the Ace of Wands (reversed) it's saying that you lack direction and probably motivation. You're either choosing not to look around for those new opportunities around you, or you are so burdened with your responsibilities that you're not seeing them. The Knight of Wands (reversed) is warning you not to rush into anything. Again, look at the King of Swords - analyze and re-evaluate and the Knight of Wands is telling you to consider carefully and make sure you know of any consequences.

I then picked one more card, a clarifying card: Three of Pentacles - Follow the advice of the King of Swords and determine your goals. The Three of Pentacles is encouraging you, saying don't get discouraged, don't allow yourself to be pessimistic. If you work towards the goals you set in motion, you will find prosperity.

Back