• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I've recently been using standard playing cards with interesting results, mostly to clarify my own thoughts. I did ask a question about a current relationship which gave an answer so overwhelmingly positive that I'm a bit concerned I'm just deluding myself, though.

I've recently been using standard playing cards with interesting results, mostly to clarify my own thoughts. I did ask a question about a current relationship which gave an answer so overwhelmingly positive that I'm a bit concerned I'm just deluding myself, though.
What were the other cards you drew? A reading isn't actually one card at a time, they're always related to or in conjunction with at least one of the others. Understand each card in turn and then compare them to each other. How does, say Card 1 tie in with Card 3? etc etc

Reactions: BS3
What were the other cards you drew? A reading isn't actually one card at a time, they're always related to or in conjunction with at least one of the others. Understand each card in turn and then compare them to each other. How does, say Card 1 tie in with Card 3? etc etc

This was a very simple linear three card spread to try and clarify the past, present and future.

The past was the two of clubs - about right for past challenges. Present was the two of hearts, while the 'future' card was the ten of hearts.

Two of Clubs = Two of Wands
Two of Hearts = Two of Cups
Ten of Hearts = Ten of Cups

I take this as you've been in a period of rebuilding for the last few months or years, leading to the present where you are now putting or will very soon put those goals and plans in the Two of Wands into action in the present. The thing is, the lower the number, the more unstable, the more this situation can go astray if both people are not on the same page of working together on the relationship and if that harmony and balance continues, you will have that happy home life.

If you'd like, I can pick 3 cards to clarify? (I'm obsessed and looking for any excuse!)

Two of Clubs = Two of Wands
Two of Hearts = Two of Cups
Ten of Hearts = Ten of Cups

I take this as you've been in a period of rebuilding for the last few months or years, leading to the present where you are now putting or will very soon put those goals and plans in the Two of Wands into action in the present. The thing is, the lower the number, the more unstable, the more this situation can go astray if both people are not on the same page of working together on the relationship and if that harmony and balance continues, you will have that happy home life.

If you'd like, I can pick 3 cards to clarify? (I'm obsessed and looking for any excuse!)

Interesting - yes, there has been a time of rebuilding personally from a previous, very negative relationship. Which I hope will not impact the present one.

Yes, if you want to clarify then go ahead!

What is the primary aspect around this situation - Ace of Pentacles

What influences are opposing this situation? Ten of Wands

How can any obstacles be surmounted? Ace of Swords

First, I find it interesting that although this spread is about love and relationships, none of the cards are Cups - the suit that governs emotions and relationships. This tells me that you're in a good place emotionally right now, it's the other parts of your life you need to pay attention to.

This situation begins with the prosperity and abundance promised by the Ace of Pentacles. Luck is smiling down on you, your life is rich and abundant in opportunities. This suit, Pentacles or Coins, is specifically about material riches enriching your life, so it could be that this relationship will bring "riches" into your life. Leading into the Ten of Wands, I can read this several ways: it could symbolize a person who is very hard working, a perfectionist willing to work until the job is done to perfection. It could also symbolize "the end of a hard day's work" - putting in hard work on something, perhaps even yourself, to make it the best you can possibly make it. It may also speak of carrying a heavy burden and, as the job is now done, time to put it on a shelf and get started anew. This brings us to the outcome; Ace of Swords. Swords cover the mental aspects you need to pay attention to, your mental state of mind is a powerful influence over your life. This card can also be a person who is an air sign, like Gemini, Libra and Aquarius. The Ace of Swords is saying there are new attitudes, new thoughts, new perspectives at hand, take them up. Be steadfast, stand up for yourself and the goals you set will be within your reach.

1707499005610.png
1707499018154.png
1707499025198.png

What is the primary aspect around this situation - Ace of Pentacles

What influences are opposing this situation? Ten of Wands

How can any obstacles be surmounted? Ace of Swords

First, I find it interesting that although this spread is about love and relationships, none of the cards are Cups - the suit that governs emotions and relationships. This tells me that you're in a good place emotionally right now, it's the other parts of your life you need to pay attention to.

This situation begins with the prosperity and abundance promised by the Ace of Pentacles. Luck is smiling down on you, your life is rich and abundant in opportunities. This suit, Pentacles or Coins, is specifically about material riches enriching your life, so it could be that this relationship will bring "riches" into your life. Leading into the Ten of Wands, I can read this several ways: it could symbolize a person who is very hard working, a perfectionist willing to work until the job is done to perfection. It could also symbolize "the end of a hard day's work" - putting in hard work on something, perhaps even yourself, to make it the best you can possibly make it. It may also speak of carrying a heavy burden and, as the job is now done, time to put it on a shelf and get started anew. This brings us to the outcome; Ace of Swords. Swords cover the mental aspects you need to pay attention to, your mental state of mind is a powerful influence over your life. This card can also be a person who is an air sign, like Gemini, Libra and Aquarius. The Ace of Swords is saying there are new attitudes, new thoughts, new perspectives at hand, take them up. Be steadfast, stand up for yourself and the goals you set will be within your reach.

View attachment 73751 View attachment 73752 View attachment 73753

Thank you, this puts an interesting perspective on it!

Hi Aydee_Aitchdee, are you still offering readings? I could do with some insights into what comes next.
I'd love to! I'm going to use Crow tarot for your reading

1707648617604.png
1707648644727.png
1707648702837.png

Two major arcana cards, that says your situation is less to do with outside influences and more to do with internal knowledge and experience. Looking at this, you have Strength, Justice and then Queen of Swords. The suit of Swords covers mental attitudes and thoughts.

The Queen of Swords is a mature woman, maybe an air sign like Aquarius, Gemini or Libra. She is a woman who has known struggle and pain and learned from those experiences, making her strong and capable of handling any storms that come her way. If this doesn't describe you or you don't have anyone like that in your life, then take it as a clue to what you can become. The Queen of Swords is a powerful ally, a woman who is tough, compassionate, empathetic and supportive.

Put it all together with Strength and Justice and the picture I'm seeing is a mature woman, one who has learned many great lessons but still has doubts and fears about her decisions. The Strength and Justice cards are telling her she is stronger and wiser than she thinks and to tap into those lessons learned to help guide you and others through tough times.

@Rosebud Thinking more about it, the Strength and the Justice cards I seeing as telling you to be more confident in your decisions and actions. You're stronger and more capable than you think you are, learn to trust your instincts but also make sure to think things through, to understand the consequences of a decision, good and bad.

@Rosebud I'm frankly not wowed by that reading, I don't feel it told me much. So I'm going to consult again:

What is Rosebud's physical situation (health) Six of Swords (reversed) This indicates an issue you're trying to rise above. If you've recently had an illness or a condition develop, this indicates it's caused disruption in your life and may take a long period of time to resolve. If so, try not to let it overwhelm you, this is just a transitory phase in your life

What is Rosebud's emotional situation (emotions, relationships) Two of Wands Interesting, this can indicate a relationship that has lost its contentment, one or both are feeling restless and/or detached. If you're not in a relationship, it could signal that you're ready to look for a relationship and may have to choose between 2 lovers.

What is Rosebud's mental situation (worries, outlook, perceptions) Ten of Wands (reversed) Are you considering retirement or maybe reducing your work hours or getting rid of a task that takes up a lot of your time? This card is showing you're laying down your burdens, "lightening your load" mentally. If not, consider doing so, you may need to reduce the amount of stress in your life.

1707739035651.png
1707739062909.png
1707739109507.png

What is the outcome? Ace of Pentacles (reversed) Missing out on opportunities or feeling anxious and worried due to a loss of security, can also be a warning not to overspend but it may just be highlighting the other cards. If you have health concerns, it may take awhile for them to be resolved. If you've recently had a relationship end, it's a reminder that there are other opportunities to watch for.

1707739141725.png

@Rosebud I'm frankly not wowed by that reading, I don't feel it told me much. So I'm going to consult again:

What is Rosebud's physical situation (health) Six of Swords (reversed) This indicates an issue you're trying to rise above. If you've recently had an illness or a condition develop, this indicates it's caused disruption in your life and may take a long period of time to resolve. If so, try not to let it overwhelm you, this is just a transitory phase in your life

What is Rosebud's emotional situation (emotions, relationships) Two of Wands Interesting, this can indicate a relationship that has lost its contentment, one or both are feeling restless and/or detached. If you're not in a relationship, it could signal that you're ready to look for a relationship and may have to choose between 2 lovers.

What is Rosebud's mental situation (worries, outlook, perceptions) Ten of Wands (reversed) Are you considering retirement or maybe reducing your work hours or getting rid of a task that takes up a lot of your time? This card is showing you're laying down your burdens, "lightening your load" mentally. If not, consider doing so, you may need to reduce the amount of stress in your life.

View attachment 73839 View attachment 73840 View attachment 73841

What is the outcome? Ace of Pentacles (reversed) Missing out on opportunities or feeling anxious and worried due to a loss of security, can also be a warning not to overspend but it may just be highlighting the other cards. If you have health concerns, it may take awhile for them to be resolved. If you've recently had a relationship end, it's a reminder that there are other opportunities to watch for.

View attachment 73842

Thank you for all the readings, Aydee. The health issue is very accurate and is impacting me a lot lately. I'm not retired but someone close to me took early retirement a couple of years ago and, quite honestly, it may not have been the best decision.

I am not having to choose between lovers (although if Johnny Depp makes me an offer I may accept) but I am going through a situation where what I believed to be the truth has turned out not to be the case and I have to rethink a lot of my views.

(although if Johnny Depp makes me an offer I may accept)
Yeah, I'm with ya there. I'd probably have to turn him down though, because I think he still smokes tobacco.

Today is the big SOLAR ECLIPSE of 2024 so I thought I'd offer a 3 card tarot reading if anyone is interested. Just reply with your question and whether you'd like me to post your reading in the thread or to PM it to you.

Aydee Aitchdee could you please check to see if my son in law will be ok?
I'd love to! Do you have a preference to which deck? I have Rider Waite, Deviant Moon and Crow Tarot

And would you like to put post the reading here or in a PM?

I'd love to! Do you have a preference to which deck? I have Rider Waite, Deviant Moon and Crow Tarot

And would you like to put post the reading here or in a PM?
You can put it on here . I don't mind which pack, whichever you prefer to use.

You can put it on here . I don't mind which pack, whichever you prefer to use.
Ok, here's what I got:
Overall, a positive reading. The Knight of Swords may personify your son-in-law or it may be an indication of the need to moderate his lifestyle if he has bad habits leading to bad health. Temperance indicates the need for patience and a balanced, moderate approach to the situation. If he can make changes to his life, this may bring a positive conclusion to the situation, as The World says just that; the situation will end well.

Attachments

• Three Card Reading.png
    Three Card Reading.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Thank you for that Aydee Aitchdee. He doesn't smoke, drink or take drugs but is rather fond of chocolate.
The day before they told me his Mother had been feeling breathless and I'd rung them to see if she was ok.
My daughter then told me he'd gone to hospital at 2am as he'd felt unwell but they couldn't find anything and he'd slept all day.
I had thought maybe it was a reaction to his Mother being unwell.
He has to go and take further tests to make sure .

Thank you for that Aydee Aitchdee. He doesn't smoke, drink or take drugs but is rather fond of chocolate.
The day before they told me his Mother had been feeling breathless and I'd rung them to see if she was ok.
My daughter then told me he'd gone to hospital at 2am as he'd felt unwell but they couldn't find anything and he'd slept all day.
I had thought maybe it was a reaction to his Mother being unwell.
He has to go and take further tests to make sure .

I'd say it sounds like a reaction to stress or anxiety. See if he's up for trying meditation/mindfulness, it might help him moderate and balance, as Temperance is suggesting.

I'm avoiding asking the cards if Liverpool are gonna win the League, tbh. If I pull 3 of Swords for Jurgen Klopp, my heart will break.

ETA: I've been doing an experiment, pulling a single card on an app, before games. Really should correlate all the results - card pulled v outcome of match. I usually pull just before a game or in first half if I forgot. It's all recorded on my phone but I haven't gone back to check how accurate my card pulls have been! Might be a good experiment as I've done it for a fair few games this season although maybe not as consistently as I think.

Back