• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Hadn't realised that the probes were barbed. If it was something similar and you went to hospital with it stuck in you, there'd be x rays and anaesthetic involved in removal. Who takes this out once you've been probed?
They might just yank them out.

I think they see the pain and damage caused by such small barbs as less serious than a barbed fish hook. I dunno about nowadays but time was they'd put a stitch or two in you without anesthetic.

Hadn't realised that the probes were barbed. If it was something similar and you went to hospital with it stuck in you, there'd be x rays and anaesthetic involved in removal. Who takes this out once you've been probed?
Especially if it's gone into the old crown jewels.

I was sure that they're not 're-purposed' fish hooks but made specifically for the task.
Thing is, they're straight rather than curved and so cause less damage to the flesh when taking them out. It's like extracting a straight arrow - it follows the already damaged tissue. Were it crooked or curved, there's more damage caused by trying to extract it along the entry wound.

Back