• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I've two books signed by him - Weird Sisters and Thud! I always recall his humour when I asked 'Can you sign it to ...' He did so, happily, and chuckled "I can't help it - whenever anyone asks me not to dedicate it, I always spell my name wrong. They look so disappointed at the re-sell value!
He he.

I’ve just finished Carpe Jugulum read by Indira Varma it was really good (although I’ve not forgiven her for what she did in Torchwood lol). I’ve just returned Sorcery which I wasn’t enjoying and got Witches Abroad instead.

I’ve just finished Carpe Jugulum read by Indira Varma it was really good (although I’ve not forgiven her for what she did in Torchwood lol). I’ve just returned Sorcery which I wasn’t enjoying and got Witches Abroad instead.
SO much of an audio book is in the narration. A good narrator can make an otherwise quite tedious book interesting (and vice versa). I have an audio version of one of my books that I literally cannot listen to - in fact I asked to have it re-recorded (not possible, apparently) because the narrator was so bad. The Pratchett books seem to have some excellent ones. I love Colin Morgan and Alfred Enoch but that's probably because I prefer male narrators for some weird reason.

And curiosity led me to check out Alfred Enoch and I found that he is William Russell's son (from the original Dr Who). I have just completed the (unknown to anyone but me) 'Tie Together Two Threads challenge' and claim my £5!
I know he was in the Harry Potter films.

I love this group picture.
IMG_3134.jpeg

I saw a book shop in London yesterday with a signed copy of Jingo in the window. I wasn’t brave enough to go and see how much it was. I bet it was a pretty penny as Sir Terry can’t sign any more.
I think the joke always was that he signed so many, an unsigned one was more valuable!

I have a few signed ones as a shop in York always used to sell them (Green Apple near the Minster) - just his name scrawled in the paperbacks. But son and husband did queue up round the block outside borders to get one signed with an inscription and were incredibly impressed at how patient he was, and how special he made everyone feel. I think my sons have run off with some of the signed paperbacks, not because signed but because they wanted to read them - but I still have the hardbacks.

Am currently re-buying some of the paperbacks, slowly, on eBay as I am after the ones with the Josh Kirkby covers ( now seem re-issued anyway). I found the more recent covers a bit bland and had originally been buying 20 years ago or so, so wanted the same covers again.

Favourite is Small Gods and the Tiffany Aching books, too but favourite series overall, is the Witches books.

I'm also a fan of Discworld jigsaws - both the older Josh Kirby ones (now no longer made so that's a case of slowly acquiring via eBay) and the latest ones from Discworld Emporium.

ETA: Getting a parcel from the Discworld Emporium is proper fun. You get a receipt from the Guild of Thieves and postmarks on the parcel from Ankh-Morpork...
IMG_5113 copy.jpeg

IMG_5116 copy.jpeg

https://www.discworldemporium.com/

Last edited:
Looking at Sir Terry’s daughter Rhianna’s wiki page it says there’s various Discworld novels being developed for tv. I hope they’ll be more like Going Postal (they could do the other Moist adventures) and less like the Watch. I liked the Watch in itself but that’s before I got back into the books. It had too many changes, I see Rhianna didn’t have much to do with it in the end. I did like Richard Dormer as Vimes though (he was great in Blue Lights too). It would be nice to see the Witches having an outing as the Wizards already have (and I like the Witches better than the Wizards).

IMG_4923.jpeg

Back