• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Lost Ark Of The Covenant

And while Schliemann probably went through it by accident he seems to have been in the right place.....

I can recommend Peter Ackroyd's The Fall of Troy.

Kath

rynner said:
..according to Tudor Parfitt, a real life scholar-adventurer, Raiders of the Lost Ark had it wrong, and the Ark is actually nowhere near Egypt. In fact, Parfitt claims he has traced it (or a replacement container for the original Ark), to a dusty bottom shelf in a museum in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Long article about the Lemba:

Lost Jewish tribe 'found in Zimbabwe'
By Steve Vickers
BBC News, Harare

The Lemba people are easy to distinguish from most other Zimbabweans - they wear skull caps, pray in a language which is a mixture of Hebrew and Arabic, and put the Star of David on their gravestones.

Their oral traditions claim that their ancestors were Jews who fled the Holy Land about 2,500 years ago.

It may sound like another myth of a lost tribe of Israel, but British scientists have carried out DNA tests which confirm their Semitic origin.

These tests back up the group's belief that a group of perhaps seven men married African women and settled on the continent.

And they also have a prized religious artefact that they say connects them to their Jewish ancestry - a replica of the Biblical Ark of the Covenant known as the ngoma lungundu, meaning "the drum that thunders".

The object went on display recently at a Harare museum to much fanfare, and instilled pride in many of the Lemba.

"For me it's the starting point," says religious singer Fungisai Zvakavapano-Mashavave.

"Very few people knew about us and this is the time to come out. I'm very proud to realise that we have a rich culture and I'm proud to be a Lemba.

"We have been a very secretive people, because we believe we are a special people."

The oral traditions of the Lemba say that the ngoma lungundu is the Biblical wooden Ark made by Moses, and that centuries ago a small group of men began a long journey carrying it from Yemen to southern Africa.

The object went missing during the 1970s and was eventually rediscovered in Harare in 2007 by Mr Parfitt.

"Many people say that the story is far-fetched, but the oral traditions of the Lemba have been backed up by science," he says.

Carbon dating shows the ngoma to be nearly 700 years old - pretty ancient, if not as old as Bible stories would suggest.

But Mr Parfitt says this is because the ngoma was used in battles, and would explode and be rebuilt.

The ngoma now on display was a replica, he says, possibly built from the remains of the original.

"So it's the closest descendant of the Ark that we know of," Mr Parfitt says.

Large crowds came to see the unveiling of the ngoma and to attend lectures on the identity of the Lemba.

For David Maramwidze, an elder in his village, the discovery of the ngoma has been a defining moment.

"Hearing from those professors in Harare and seeing the ngoma makes it clear that we are a great people and I'm very proud," he says.

"I heard about it all my life and it was hard for me to believe, because I had no idea of what it really is.

"I'm still seeing the picture of the ngoma in my mind and it will never come out from my brain. Now we want it to be given back to the Lemba people."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8550614.stm

Last edited by a moderator:
I can recommend the book by Tudor Parfitt. Very exciting reading and well documented. Almost unbeliveable it was written by a professor of semitic languages (or something like that). :D

Isn't the logical place for the "lost" Ark to be is in Ethiopia?

Wouldn't the best place to hide the Ark away from the Babylonians have been across a saltwater sea, high up in nearly-impregnable mountain fastnesses, guarded by fierce warriors who were also loyal and observant Jews and who would have willingly given their lives to protect it?

This time, it's turned up in Ethiopia:

Famed Russian explorer shown Ark of Covenant

The world-famous Russian traveler and explorer Fyodor Konyukhov has become the first European to see the Ark of the Covenant where the stone tablets with the Ten Commandments communicated to Moses by God on Mount Sinai are believed to have been put.

The Ark is in an Orthodox church in Axum, the ancient capital of Ethiopia. Konykhov, who arrived in Africa at the request of the Ethiopian government to map out new tourist routes, has struck a deal with the authorities for the construction of an Orthodox Church of St. George-the-Victor in Addis Ababa.

An extensive traveler, he has made six solo yacht trips round the globe, climbed the Earth’s highest peaks, reached the North and South poles and circumnavigated Antarctica, before being ordained an Orthodox deacon a few months ago.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2010/08/26/17334491.html

I've met Fyodor Konyukhov! He spent long periods in Falmouth with one of his boats, and once left his cap in the chandlery where I worked.

So I guess that puts me one degree of separation from the Ark of the Covenant - cool! 8)

rynner2 said:
I've met Fyodor Konyukhov! He spent long periods in Falmouth with one of his boats, and once left his cap in the chandlery where I worked.

So I guess that puts me one degree of separation from the Ark of the Covenant - cool! 8)

Did you get to keep his cap?

ramonmercado said:
Did you get to keep his cap?
No, he came back for it! It had a very interesting Russian badge on it - I wish I'd photographed that.

Zilch5 said:
This time, it's turned up in Ethiopia

Wasn't it always in Ethiopia? The Coptic Church has been saying that it is in Ethiopia for a very long time.

And, it makes psychological sense in a sort of made-for-television-apocalyptic-drama kind of way that one of the poorest countiries would be keepers of one of the greatest treasures.

Will this be the first time the world sees the Ark of Covenant? Leaking roof in Ethiopian chapel 'will lead to relic being revealed'
By Rick Dewsbury
Last updated at 5:58 AM on 5th December 2011

A very British problem of a leaky church roof could be about to give the world the chance to glimpse the legendary Ark of the Covenant.
That's because the claimed home of the iconic relic - a small chapel in Ethiopia - has sprung a leak and so the Ark could now be on the move.

The Ark - which The Bible says holds God's Ten Commandments given to Moses on Mount Sinai - is said to have been kept in Aksum, in the Chapel of the Tablet, adjacent to St Mary of Zion Church, since the 1960s.
According to the Old Testament, it was first kept in the Temple of Solomon in Jerusalem for centuries until a Babylonian invasion in the 6th century BC.
Since then it's been the goal of many adventurers and archaeologists to find it. Most-famously, but also fictitiously, Indiana Jones was shown in the 1981 Steven Spielberg film Raiders of the Lost Ark.

There has also been a long-running claim from the Orthodox Christians of Ethiopia that they have had the Ark for centuries, and since the 1960s it has apparently been kept in the chapel.
This small and curiously-styled building is surrounded by spiked iron railings, and situated between two churches, the old and new, of St Mary of Zion in central Aksum.

No one has been allowed to see the holy object, described in scripture as being made from acacia wood, plated with gold and topped with two golden angels, except one solitary elderly monk, who must watch over the Ark for the remainder of his life, and is never allowed to leave the chapel grounds.

But now the chapel - which was designed by the Ethiopian leader Emperor Hailie Selassie - has had to be covered in a tarpaulin to stop rain getting in.
The water damage could mean the Ark will be moved for the first time in decades giving religious worshippers and adventurers alike a chance to see it.

British photographer Tim Makins, 54, who is a travel photographer for publications like Lonely Planet, discovered the church had sprung a leak whilst travelling through Ethiopia last September.
He believes the moving of the Ark could be one of the best ways to discover if there's any truth in the claims of the East African state.
Tim said: 'During my most recent visit to the church, I was surprised to see some ground adjacent to the ''Chapel of the Tablet'' being cleared and levelled by workmen, and some quantities of building stone being assembled nearby.
'Asking around, I managed to discover that a new temporary chapel is due to be built, and the Ark is to be moved into it while the original chapel is repaired.

'It seems that the builders of the 1960s were not as careful as the builders of centuries past, and the roof of the chapel has developed some serious leaks that now need comprehensive repair work.
'To protect the Ark, a tarpaulin now covers the roof of the chapel but this is just a temporary measure.
'To renovate the building thoroughly, the roof must be stripped back to the bare bones and so a replacement chapel is to be built next door providing a temporary home for it.'

Tim said the construction of the new temporary chapel would take about three months according to workers and religious figures at the site, though he suspects that it will probably take much longer.
He added: 'When the work is finished, the Ark of the Covenant will be carried to its new resting place.'

'That this can be done by the one person allowed to see it is unlikely, as The Bible describes the size of the Ark as 2.5 cubits in length, 1.5 in breadth, and 1.5 in height.
'Cubits in today's measurements translate to about 1.31 metres x 0.79m x 0.79m and it is normally carried on two long wooden poles.
'If it really is this size, and still contains the two stone tablets that list God's Ten Commandments, then the elderly monk will no doubt need some help to transport it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1fevCdSAI

rynner2 said:
'If it really is this size, and still contains the two stone tablets that list God's Ten Commandments, then the elderly monk will no doubt need some help to transport it.'

I'd place a bet that it will be moved on a moonless night without aid of candles, torches, or electrics, only placing such a bet would be sacrilegious, no?

The assistants could wear blindfolds, I suppose. If its the real Ark they'd better be careful - I seem to remember from the Old Testament that if the ungodly touch the Ark they get zapped.

Cochise said:
The assistants could wear blindfolds, I suppose. If its the real Ark they'd better be careful - I seem to remember from the Old Testament that if the ungodly touch the Ark they get zapped.

You might be remembering Raiders of the Lost Ark more...

gncxx said:
Cochise said:
If its the real Ark they'd better be careful - I seem to remember from the Old Testament that if the ungodly touch the Ark they get zapped.
You might be remembering Raiders of the Lost Ark more...
I didn't see that fillum, but there was discussion much earlier in this thread about the idea that the Ark may have been a battery or capacitor capable of delivering a powerful electric shock, and thus could have been used by the ancient Israelites as a terror weapon.

In the OT one of the sons of Moses attempts to stop the Ark from falling as it is being carried and he is killed as he touches it.

Gordon

gordonrutter said:
In the OT one of the sons of Moses attempts to stop the Ark from falling as it is being carried and he is killed as he touches it.

Gordon

That's what I was thinking of.

I remembered the story, but I didn't recall the details, so I looked it up (http://bible.cc/2_samuel/6-3.htm). Turns out the guy who was killed was Uzzah, son of Abinadab. It was during the time of David.

There's an interesting amount of sophistry to be found on the web, that tries to explain why it really was his own fault that he died...

If Fortean Times had been going then, he'd have been a candidate for the the 'Strange Deaths' column...

I think that Ethiopia makes far rore sense that recent suppositions about the Greek islands

When the Jews in a besieged Jerusalem decided to move the Ark to a place of safety, what would have made more sense than sending it to observant Jews high in a nearly-impregnable African mountain fastness, among fierce warriors who would have pledged their lives to defend it?

rynner said:
German archaeologists have claimed to have found one of the fabled resting places of the Ark of the Covenant, the chest holding the Ten Commandments which gave the ancient Israelites their power.
The University of Hamburg say its researchers have found the remains of the 10th century BC palace of the Queen of Sheba in Axum, Ethiopia, and an altar which at one time reputedly held the precious treasure.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...951679/Lost-ark-'discovered-in-Ethiopia'.html
More on the QoS and her gold:

Archaeologists strike gold in quest to find Queen of Sheba's wealth
A British excavation has struck archaeological gold with a discovery that may solve the mystery of where the Queen of Sheba derived her fabled treasures
Dalya Alberge
The Observer, Sunday 12 February 2012

A British excavation has struck archaeological gold with a discovery that may solve the mystery of where the Queen of Sheba of biblical legend derived her fabled treasures.

Almost 3,000 years ago, the ruler of Sheba, which spanned modern-day Ethiopia and Yemen, arrived in Jerusalem with vast quantities of gold to give to King Solomon. Now an enormous ancient goldmine, together with the ruins of a temple and the site of a battlefield, have been discovered in her former territory.

Louise Schofield, an archaeologist and former British Museum curator, who headed the excavation on the high Gheralta plateau in northern Ethiopia, said: "One of the things I've always loved about archaeology is the way it can tie up with legends and myths. The fact that we might have the Queen of Sheba's mines is extraordinary."

An initial clue lay in a 20ft stone stele (or slab) carved with a sun and crescent moon, the "calling card of the land of Sheba", Schofield said. "I crawled beneath the stone – wary of a 9ft cobra I was warned lives here – and came face to face with an inscription in Sabaean, the language that the Queen of Sheba would have spoken."

On a mound nearby she found parts of columns and finely carved stone channels from a buried temple that appears to be dedicated to the moon god, the main deity of Sheba, an 8th century BC civilisation that lasted 1,000 years. It revealed a victory in a battle nearby, where Schofield excavated ancient bones.

Although local people still pan for gold in the river, they were unaware of the ancient mine. Its shaft is buried some 4ft down, in a hill above which vultures swoop. An ancient human skull is embedded in the entrance shaft, which bears Sabaean chiselling.

Sheba was a powerful incense-trading kingdom that prospered through trade with Jerusalem and the Roman empire. The queen is immortalised in Qur'an and the Bible, which describes her visit to Solomon "with a very great retinue, with camels bearing spices, and very much gold and precious stones ... Then she gave the king 120 talents of gold, and a very great quantity of spices."

Although little is known about her, the queen's image inspired medieval Christian mystical works in which she embodied divine wisdom, as well as Turkish and Persian paintings, Handel's oratorio Solomon, and Hollywood films. Her story is still told across Africa and Arabia, and the Ethiopian tales are immortalised in the holy book the Kebra Nagast.
Hers is said to be one of the world's oldest love stories. The Bible says she visited Solomon to test his wisdom by asking him several riddles. Legend has it that he wooed her, and that descendants of their child, Menelik – son of the wise – became the kings of Abyssinia.

Schofield said that as she stood on the ancient site, in a rocky landscape of cacti and acacia trees, it was easy to imagine the queen arriving on a camel, overseeing slaves and elephants dragging rocks from the mine.
Schofield will begin a full excavation once she has the funds and hopes to establish the precise size of the mine, whose entrance is blocked by boulders.
Tests by a gold prospector who alerted her to the mine show that it is extensive, with a proper shaft and tunnel big enough to walk along.

Schofield was instrumental in setting up the multinational rescue excavations at the Roman city of Zeugma on the Euphrates before it was flooded for the Birecik dam. Her latest discovery was made during her environmental development work in Ethiopia, an irrigation, farming and eco-tourism project on behalf of the Tigray Trust, a charity she founded to develop a sustainable lifestyle for 10,000 inhabitants around Maikado, where people eke out a living from subsistence farming.

Sean Kingsley, archaeologist and author of God's Gold, said: "Where Sheba dug her golden riches is one of the great stories of the Old Testament. Timna in the Negev desert is falsely known as 'King Solomon's Mines', but anything shinier has eluded us.
"The idea that the ruins of Sheba's empire will once more bring life to the villages around Maikado is truly poetic and appropriate. Making the past relevant to the present is exactly what archaeologists should be doing. "

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/ ... -goldmines

The rabbi, the lost ark and the future of Temple Mount
In Jerusalem, rabbis are designing a new hi-tech temple. There's only one problem: they want to build it on the holiest place in the city for Muslims

Rabbi Chaim Richman shows me into a darkened room, strokes his beard and pulls out his smartphone. He has a specially designed app that works the lights. The room illuminates. He taps the screen again, and a heavy curtain slides open. There, resplendent in brilliant gold – and rather smaller than I expected – lies the Ark of the Covenant.

“This isn’t the real lost ark,” he says. “The real one is hidden about a kilometre from here, in underground chambers created during the time of Solomon.” I look at him askance. “It’s true,” he says. “Jews have an unbroken chain of recorded information, passed down from generation to generation, which indicates its exact location. There is a big fascination with finding the lost ark, but nobody asked a Jew. We have known where it is for thousands of years. It could be reached if we excavated Temple Mount, but that area is controlled by Muslims.”

Welcome to the Temple Institute exhibition, in the heart of the Old City of Jerusalem. A plush, hi-tech gallery, spanning 600 sq ft, it hosts a collection of vestments and sacred vessels to be used by the Jewish high priest. This is not a museum, insists Rabbi Richman, 54, the international director of the organisation. Apart from the Ark of the Covenant, every artefact on display has been painstakingly created in accordance with Biblical instructions and is intended for actual service in a “third Jewish temple", which will be built as soon as possible.

Central to the collection is a high priest’s costume made out of azure and gold thread with a breastplate featuring 12 large gems. Cost: £160,000. There are also intricate silver trumpets and wooden lyres, pans to collect the blood of the sacrificial lamb and a large stand for the ritual bread. Outside, on a platform overlooking the Western Wall, stands an ornate 1.5-ton candelabra covered in 90kg of gold worth £1.3 million.

All have been designed in consultation with 20 full-time Talmudic scholars, who the institute pays to study the elaborate, 2,000-year-old laws governing the construction of temple artefacts. But, before you accuse Richman and his colleagues of being old-fashioned, the Temple Institute has drawn up plans for the new temple that include two very contemporary features: a monorail, to transport visitors right to the door, and a 6ft-high computerised water dispenser with 12 taps so that an entire shift of priests can wash their hands at once. This, Richman tells me, has been designed so that a twist of the tap will release the precise amount of water stipulated in Jewish law.

More at the link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... Mount.html

All a bit gaudily-material for an object so spiritual that it burned those who came into close proximity:

The Ark in Judaism

Lots of modern "scientific" interpretations of this Holy of Holies. It was a machine for making the manna that fed the Jews in the desert. It was radioactive. Or it was just a giant battery - the last was a feature in FT!

I suppose they needed a battery, just in case a Messiah might bring Christmas and a lot of otherwise-useless toys! :)

Last edited:
This is a new one on me - the story of a British officer who'd allegedly entered the Aksum church in 1941 and got the only known outsider's glimpse of the 'true Ark' purportedly housed there.

Sorry Indiana Jones, the Ark of the Covenant Is Not Inside This Ethiopian Church
... Live Science has learned that accounts told by Edward Ullendorff, who saw the supposed ark during World War II, reveal that what is inside the church is a replica of the ark. Ullendorff, who was a professor at the University of London's School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), died in 2011. ...

When he was alive, Ullendorff told Tudor Parfitt, who was also a professor at SOAS, about the alleged "ark" inside the church. He also gave an interview about what he saw to the Los Angeles Times in 1992. Live Science talked to Parfitt and found a copy of the 1992 Los Angeles Times article — the two accounts revealing what is really inside. ...

There is a long-standing religious legend in Ethiopia that describes how the Ark of the Covenant was brought to Ethiopia 3,000 years by a man named Menelik, who, according to legend, was the son of the Queen of Sheba and Israel's King Solomon. The legend states that the Queen of Sheba was from Ethiopia and that she traveled to Jerusalem where she was seduced by King Solomon, giving birth to Menelik when she returned to Ethiopia. Menelik later traveled to Jerusalem and studied with his father before stealing the ark and bringing it to Ethiopia, where, legend has it, the ark still resides in the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion, where only the guardian of the ark can view it.

Historical records indicate that this story started during the late Middle Ages (around A.D. 1400), said Parfitt, now a professor of religion at Florida International University. ...

... After Italy declared war on the United Kingdom in 1940, British forces invaded and took Ethiopia in 1941. At the time, Ullendorff was a British army officer who was also a young scholar with extensive knowledge of Ethiopian history and languages, Parfitt told Live Science.

"He went to the Church of Mary of Zion with a couple of soldiers," Parfitt said. He spoke to the monks in the church in Amharic, a language widely spoken in Ethiopia, asking to see the ark. His requests were refused. "They said, 'You can't go in, this is holy…'" said Parfitt, recounting the story. "He said, 'Well, I'm sorry, but I want to go in,'" and "he did go in with his soldiers behind him. They couldn't do anything to stop him," Parfitt said.

According to Parfitt, the army officer then walked over to the place where the ark was said to reside. "What he saw was what you find in any Ethiopian church, which is a model of the Ark of the Covenant," Parfitt said. Apparently, Ullendorff said that "it didn't differ in any way from many arks he had seen in other churches in Ethiopia," Parfitt said. "It wasn't ancient and certainly wasn't the original ark."

Ullendorff never published an article about his encounter with the ark. He "simply didn't want to hurt the feelings of the Ethiopians," said Parfitt, noting that Ullendorff worked extensively in Ethiopia, even becoming a personal friend of the emperor of Ethiopia, Haile Selassie.

"It would have been absolutely impossible for him to function in Ethiopia if he had said that your ark is not the genuine ark," Parfitt explained. In his interview with the Los Angeles Times in 1992, Ullendorff said that the model he saw was of "middle-to late-medieval construction, when these were fabricated ad hoc."

Parfitt said that Ullendorff was concerned after he gave the interview and hoped that Ethiopian authorities did not become aware of the Los Angeles Times article. As far as Parfitt knows, Ullendorff never spoke to a reporter again about what he saw.
SOURCE: https://www.livescience.com/64256-ark-of-the-covenant-location.html

Is the Ark of the Covenant in Ethiopia?

According to Ethiopian lore, the Ark of the Covenant is hidden in a church in Aksum–a small city in the northern highlands–and guarded by a single monk.

190106-twigg-arc-of-the-covenant-ethiopia-hero_vm7evq

"Ethiopia throbs with religious fervor. On Sundays in Lalibela, Aksum and Gondar, I was alone in thousand-strong crowds of monks and nuns, hermits and business owners, energetic children and bent-double grandmothers. They wrapped themselves in white or burnt orange and poured into the churches that dot the landscape.

It is a society with a more profound spirituality than anywhere else I have been to—one where worship is woven into nearly every aspect of life. And during my trip, it became clear that this veneration of the church was born from a belief that Ethiopia has been chosen by God as the final resting place of the Ark of the Covenant.

There is only one man alive who has seen the alleged Ark in all its biblical glory. It is, according to Ethiopian lore, hidden in a church in Aksum—a small city in the northern highlands—and guarded by a single monk. Nobody else enters the room and only after his death will the monk leave the grounds."

Full article.

maximus otter

I want to present an alternative hypothesis on the Ark of the Covenant.

The origin for the Ark of the Covenant is with Moses, yet according to Israeli archaeologists who have looked long and hard, there was no Moses, and no Israelite captivity in Egypt at all (unless the Hyksos were actually the Hebrews, which is another story entirely). Where the Israelites were held captive was in Babylon. Now one of the most important figures in Babylon was Hammurabi. What most people don't know about Hammurabi is that when he was a baby, he was allegedly found by a princess as a baby in the bullrushes, and he grew up to be a great Lawgiver who brought the laws from the God Shamash to the people. Hammurabi also erected tablets of his legal principles in all the cities of his Empire.

Now when the Jews win the freedom to return to Israel, it is under Cyrus the Great of Persia, who is a Zoroastrian and a monotheist. Note that Zoroastrians are also know as Parsees (from "Persians"), and it is this word that gives us the term Pharisee. You probably also remember the magi from the baby jesus story? Zoroatrian priests are the original magi.

The Jews went into captivity as Semitic pantheists with YHVH being their single major tribal patron deity, and he was a volcano war god. When they leave captivity, they are monotheists, and the origin of their new faith, while having roots in the Semitic pantheism of their dissembled past is now suffused with Zoroastrianism monotheism .

So where did the whole Moses story come from? It is quite probably that it is no coincidence that the term Moshe (Moses) and Mosiach (Messiah) sound a bit similar. This is the hope of a people in slavery that they will be delivered. I think all of these stories have been conflated from folklore into a single narrative that bears little semblance to actual events as it was allegorical and used for teaching, by which I mean teaching religion, not history. It is also worth pointing out that the 10 Commandments (both sets) are drawn from the Code of Hammurabi.

As such, every set of stelae of the Code of Hammurabi is in effect, the Ark of the Covenant.

Last edited:
I didn't see that fillum, but there was discussion much earlier in this thread about the idea that the Ark may have been a battery or capacitor capable of delivering a powerful electric shock, and thus could have been used by the ancient Israelites as a terror weapon.

You know when you run your shoes over a synthetic carpet a whole lot and then touch metal, or another person...

The more apt analogy would correlate the stelae with (e.g.) the ten commandments monuments (public representations; not the original 'document') that have proven controversial in the American hinterlands. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments_Monument

And rightly so. Really the US legal system is based on the English Common Law which has next to nothing to do with either Moses or Hammurabi and is superior in its genius to both imo. It is also yet another attempt to undermine the separation of Church and State by the Fundamentalist Christians. Then there is the issue of the fact that there are TWO sets of 10 Commandments in the bible, so do you go with the one at Exodus 20 or Exodus 34? Then along comes Leviticus 19 just to throw some petrol on the fire...

The following posts have been moved here from the Uri Geller thread:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/uri-geller.293/

Uri Geller reckons he'll find Ark of the Covenant and cause a 'historical tsunami'
The psychic, who made his name by bending spoons with his mind on telly, says he has had a vision of the ancient religious relic and hopes to start digging for it later in the year. The mystic, 75, told followers on Twitter: “I know where the Ark of the Covenant is I will find it mark my words. ...

Surely the ark is in Ethiopia, no?

Back