• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Lost Ark Of The Covenant

Seriously wouldn't the ark have been destroyed with the destruction of the temple? This is probably a different thread. But there must be Theories.

Surely the ark is in Ethiopia, no?
No. Something of real interest is in Axum but it is not the Ark.

It's in Israel but not where most people think it is.

A handful of people know where to get it when the time is right.

No. Something of real interest is in Axum but it is not the Ark.

It's in Israel but not where most people think it is.

A handful of people know where to get it when the time is right.
C'mon, Victory old buddy - you can tell me. I'm your old friend! Let's go out for some drinks and just talk about it. :bpals:

Just a reminder of what we’re talking about:

“10 And they shall make an ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof.

11 And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.

12 And thou shalt cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in the four corners thereof; and two rings shall be in the one side of it, and two rings in the other side of it.

13 And thou shalt make staves of shittim wood, and overlay them with gold.

14 And thou shalt put the staves into the rings by the sides of the ark, that the ark may be borne with them.

15 The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it.

16 And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.

17 And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.

18 And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.

19 And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.

20 And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.

21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.

22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.”

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus 25&version=KJV

maximus otter

@Lb8535

The two temples were raided by different invaders.

First Temple

The Egyptians under Pharoah Shishak 925 BCE.

The Babylonians 604 - 597 BCE

Second Temple

The Syrian Seleucids - 168 BCE

The Romans 70 - 73 BCE

The Ark (along with other holy implements) was removed and hidden by the priests before the destruction of the first temple in 597 BCE.
It was not present in the second temple.

Some of the implements from the second temple have been found in archaeological digs in Jerusalem, others are strongly believed to be in the Vatican (see photos of Titus's Arch in Rome) showing Romans carrying removed temple implements.

This detail from it shows a Menorah from the Temple being carried to Rome

arch-of-titus-menorah.jpg

This Menorah waits in Jerusalem for the third temple to be built.

The_Golden_Menorah_replica_in_Jerusalem.jpg

P.S. There is a folklore story that when the Ethiopians defeated the Italians in 1896 at the first batle of Adwa, the Ark was seen on a hillside and contributed to the "miracle" of a rag tag Ethiopian army defeating a modern Italian army.
The Ethiopians say that their Empress Taitu prayed by the Ark for the duration of the battle.

Militarily the reasons the Ethiopians won were a few:

They outnumbered the Italians by about four to one.

They knew the terrain better.

The Italians had ration packs, limited, and perhaps out of date, whereas the Ethiopians lived off fresh produce from the land.

The Italians were stuck on a hillside in inclement weather, poorly dressed for it.

The Italians were mainly poorly motivated conscripts, by contrast the Ethiopians were fighting for their homeland and were organised into units under each of their local Princes (known as a Ras) and so had better motivation.

I recommend the excellent "Adwa" documentary by Haile Gerima.

@ChasFink If I ever get Stateside am up for a drink!

Last edited:
@Lb8535

The two temples were raided by different invaders.

First Temple

The Egyptians under Pharoah Shishak 925 BCE.

The Babylonians 604 - 597 BCE

Second Temple

The Syrian Seleucids - 168 BCE

The Romans 70 - 73 BCE

The Ark (along with other holy implements) was removed and hidden by the priests before the destruction of the first temple in 597 BCE.
It was not present in the second temple.

Some of the implements from the second temple have been found in archaeological digs in Jerusalem, others are strongly believed to be in the Vatican (see photos of Titus's Arch in Rome) showing Romans carrying removed temple implements.

This detail from it shows a Menorah from the Temple being carried to Rome

View attachment 50595

This Menorah waits in Jerusalem for the third temple to be built.

View attachment 50596

P.S. There is a folklore story that when the Ethiopians defeated the Italians in 1896 at the first batle of Adwa, the Ark was seen on a hillside and contributed to the "miracle" of a rag tag Ethiopian army defeating a modern Italian army.
The Ethiopians say that their Empress Taitu prayed by the Ark for the duration of the battle.

Militarily the reasons the Ethiopians won were a few:

They outnumbered the Italians by about four to one.

They knew the terrain better.

The Italians had ration packs, limited, and perhaps out of date, whereas the Ethiopians lived off fresh produce from the land.

The Italians were stuck on a hillside in inclement weather, poorly dressed for it.

The Italians were mainly poorly motivated conscripts, by contrast the Ethiopians were fighting for their homeland and were organised into units under each of their local Princes (known as a Ras) and so had better motivation.

I recommend the excellent "Adwa" documentary by Haile Gerima.

@ChasFink If I ever get Stateside am up for a drink!
Well the Lord helps in his own way.
Is it realistic to think that items plundered by the Romans and taken to Rome presumably either lost in the scrimmage around 70BC or given to the treasury of one of Augustus' favorite temples actually ended up in the Vatican? and in the 21st century that the Vatican would not announce and return them? How did that beautiful menorah get back to Israel? I assume there are legends about where the priests hid the ceremonial items around 600 BC, but the majority of "hidden" sites like tombs were robbed fairly quickly after they were created.

Well the Lord helps in his own way.
Is it realistic to think that items plundered by the Romans and taken to Rome presumably either lost in the scrimmage around 70BC or given to the treasury of one of Augustus' favorite temples actually ended up in the Vatican? and in the 21st century that the Vatican would not announce and return them? How did that beautiful menorah get back to Israel? I assume there are legends about where the priests hid the ceremonial items around 600 BC, but the majority of "hidden" sites like tombs were robbed fairly quickly after they were created.

Very realistic to believe that some of the Second Temple treasures are in the Vatican vaults.
And that there could be legal battles over ownership.

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/does-the-vatican-have-the-jewish-temple-treasures-opinion-687572

The Menorah in the photo is newly created by the Temple Institute in Jerusalem, it is not the one taken and shown on the Arch of Titus.

Some of the First Temple treasures were looted, but many more were hidden in places other than underground tombs.

Very realistic to believe that some of the Second Temple treasures are in the Vatican vaults.
And that there could be legal battles over ownership.

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/does-the-vatican-have-the-jewish-temple-treasures-opinion-687572

The Menorah in the photo is newly created by the Temple Institute in Jerusalem, it is not the one taken and shown on the Arch of Titus.

Some of the First Temple treasures were looted, but many more were hidden in places other than underground tombs.
Oh. It was so nice when I thought it was the same one. What a find. The letter of 2013 if the quotation is correct is highly suspicious.

Article about book describing the 1909 Parker Expedition to search for the Ark of the Covenant.
It failed.
But it did help excavate water tunnels in the old City of David, which are now a tourist attraction.

Here is a photo I took of one of them, the height varies from about 6 foot 6 inches to this section of about 4 foot so you have to stoop to walk through parts of them.

JerusalemIrDavid4.jpg

Raiders of the Hidden Ark
By Graham Addison
Edgcumbe Press

https://www.jpost.com/archaeology/article-702221

Last edited:
Ted Harrison [FT425:49]
Rumours abound in Messianic and End Time circles that the discovery of the Ark of the Covenant is about to be announced.
Anyone privy to these rumours?

I would be sceptical of the word "Discovery".

The Ark's location is known to a few people, and any notion that it has been lost and suddenly found is not correct.

The Ark has to stay where it is until such time as it can be used for the purpose it was made.

I would be sceptical of the word "Discovery".

The Ark's location is known to a few people, and any notion that it has been lost and suddenly found is not correct.

The Ark has to stay where it is until such time as it can be used for the purpose it was made.
*sigh*

Allegedly.
Evidence, old bean, evidence.

The evidence is a tradition handed down over the centuries and backed up by a land survey.

The new Israeli (coalition) government's composition is the most nationalist/religious since 1948; as such expect a renewed focus on the Temple Mount.

Any links? I'm very curious to see where people might think it ended up....
If you will accept this in the genuine spirit it is written, the location is not something I would write online, nor have I ever told anyone else the location in person.
I know it might seem anything ranging from arrogant to banal to write this, but the person I was given the information by is someone I trust and know to be part of discussion between certain mystics.
These are serious people who do not joke about such things.

They know they are not yet permitted to take the Ark from it's current resting place.

Last edited:
Back to Aksum.

As many as half a million people have descended on Ethiopia's sacred city of Aksum, according to its mayor, for a religious festival taking place for the first time since the civil war in the northern region of Tigray ended.

Aksum is a holy site for Ethiopian Orthodox Christians who say it is home to the Ark of the Covenant, believed to contain the 10 commandments handed down to Moses by God - and later brought to the city from Jerusalem. It is constantly under guard at the city's Our Lady Mary of Zion Church and no-one is allowed to see it.

The pilgrims gather near the church to mark the festival of St Mary of Zion, which falls at this time.

Woman with crowds in the background

Mahlet Taddelle travelled 200km (125 miles) from the regional capital, Mekelle. She told the BBC that she had been waiting her whole life to come.

The two-year civil war, which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people, ended just over a year ago. Aksum, which is said to be the birthplace of the biblical Queen of Sheba, was the focal point of the conflict. Early in the war, the ancient city was the site of an alleged massacre in which hundreds died. ...

During the festival, priests prayed and gave thanks to God for the peaceful situation. This is a normal prayer at this gathering, but it had special poignancy in the wake of the conflict.
Worshippers from across the country - who had been on different sides of the conflict - came to Aksum in the spirit of peace.
Priests praying

The priests were standing near a field of ancient obelisks, or stelae, which date from the 4th Century.

Aksum had once been at the centre of a large empire.

One of the obelisks had been transported to Rome when Italy occupied Ethiopia in the 1930s. It was returned and re-erected in 2008.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-67589089

Back