• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Mr Blobby Thread

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Speaking of unbearable...

Mr. Blobby makes a rare return appearance - as a befuddled (and befuddling ... ) guest referee at a wrestling match ...

MrBlobbyWrestling-2208.jpg
Mr Blobby emerges from years in hiding to cause absolute chaos at wrestling match

Mr Blobby is back – and he's had a career change.

In 1994, the pink and yellow nightmare-inducing giant creature was on everyone's television screens, accompanied by British television legend Noel Edmonds.

But since the ending of TV show Noel's House Party, and the general ending of Noel's entire showbiz career when he moved to New Zealand a few years ago, the iconic being has hardly been seen. ...

That is, until now and in a completely new role.

During the weekend of Saturday August 13, and Sunday August 14, at the Gloworm Festival in Thoresby Park, a House of Pain Wrestling event was taking place. ...

The main event was fan favourite Davey Thompson taking on HOP champion Brad Matthews, accompanied by bat-wielding female wrestler Ivy.

And much to the surprise of the entire crowd, Mr Blobby turned up and was given the role of special guest referee – much to the annoyance of Ivy.

The match, won by Thompson, had a chaotic ending which saw Ivy shouting at Blobby, who seemed confused about what his actual job was. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/mr-blobby-emerges-years-hiding-27748068

I'd rather like to understand these labels.
There must be a reason why the foetus of Dave Stewart from Eurythimcs is in the pilot's seat.
Anyone? ...
My first guess is that the "pilot" is supposed to be Noel Edmonds.

nintchdbpict000001047524.jpg

... Or am I missing something blatantly obvious to UK folks familiar with Mr. Blobby and / or Edmonds?

My first guess is that the "pilot" is supposed to be Noel Edmonds.

... Or am I missing something blatantly obvious to UK folks familiar with Mr. Blobby and / or Edmonds?

You are correct.

I shall henceforth abandon all forrays into the realms of doubtful humour.

You are correct.

I shall henceforth abandon all forrays into the realms of doubtful humour.

Perhaps one for the lookalike thread Yith? :hahazebs:

I bloody loved Mr Blobby when I little, although I soon acquired better taste and got into Pingu. I always thought they missed a trick when they didn't unveil Mr Blobby as the banker at the end of Deal or No Deal. Apparently it's coming back with Stephen Mulhern at the helm, who is, IMHO, a more disturbing character than Mr Blobby ever was... :eek:

Back