• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Since you have cited the case of Versailles, it is very interesting to note the spitirualistic phenomena encountered at Petit Trianon, including alleged time travel.
There is a book about it written by the protagonists: Moberly, Charlotte Anne Elizabeth, 1846-1937; Jourdain, Eleanor Frances, 1863-1924, titled An Adventure, 1913
I don't know how much interest there may be in this topic in this thread but there is a critical article about the Petit Trianon episodes. If you want I can post it
Castle, Terry. “Contagious Folly: ‘An Adventure’ and Its Skeptics.” Critical Inquiry, vol. 17, no. 4, 1991, pp. 741–72

Since you have cited the case of Versailles, it is very interesting to note the spitirualistic phenomena encountered at Petit Trianon, including alleged time travel.
There is a book about it written by the protagonists: Moberly, Charlotte Anne Elizabeth, 1846-1937; Jourdain, Eleanor Frances, 1863-1924, titled An Adventure, 1913

https://archive.org/details/adventurewithapp00mobe/page/n7/mode/2up
It is arguably the most famous time slip case, and one that led me to do a lot of research into this, and have a few weird experiences of my own.

It is arguably the most famous time slip case, and one that led me to do a lot of research into this, and have a few weird experiences of my own.
All you're saying is really interesting. I traveled to Versailles in 1979 without being able to appreciate any strange sensation in that place.

date? to the nearest century I mean. I'm thinking you mean an major power or similar? Given the Churches deliberate use of syncretism, why would they have driven anything underground as a choice?

I am unfamiliar with this. What esoteric groups? Why were they esoteric? how do we know this?

which is why the date is so important. We are talking about a millenium give or take. I'm also not convinced that buildings built, adapted and modified during the building over the course of... well, centuries had an overall plan. Who came up with it? who gatekept it? and how do we know this?

How are these the same thing? if there are similarities is it not that they both have similarities to a third thing rather than being identical?

OK, you are going to have to explain this to me. How can the Oak Island telly programme - the entertainment programme, without positive results from however many series it is now - be used as evidence for anything? except the difficulties of mining in that terrain and other such concrete but trivial matters? Unless one wants to do just this, when one would surely consult other sources before an entertainment programme?

Anyone who makes a choice about where a building is to stand is siting it carefully. Versailles was relatively flat and a particular helpful distance from Paris. What else? It was aligned for views, light in the rooms and general wow factor. What else?
1. The last thing any of the Christian churches would have done would have been to embrace a philosophy and esoteric movement associated with Islam.
2. There is nothing especially secret about the Sufis, an esoteric teaching often associated with Islam but also predating it. Many Western esoteric folk such as the Masons originated in it. For some reason they spearheaded the building of Cathedrals such as Durham. The best intro to the Sufis is in Idries Shah's book The Sufis (all his books can be read online at the Idries Shah Foundation site). The connections between them and the Templars are rarely discussed because the latter was playing the part of a devout Christian order. However there are multiple connections -- I did a short article on this years ago: https://www.academia.edu/24902666/The_Priory_and_the_Sufis

3. One very interesting finding was that a great circle drawn from the exact centre of the palace leads directly to Oak Island.

I think that in many cases at the Skinwalker, such as the incident of the crushed dogs, there is no doubt about the existence and danger posed by some orbs.
Plenty of doubt, of course. Firstly, that story is from George Knapp's book which started all this nonsense, and there is very little that Knapp has ever said which is reliable on any subject. He believes Bob Lazar, for a start.

However we can't really blame Knapp for this story - it is a completely unsupported story by the Gorman/Sherman family that Knapp just repeated. The description that Sherman gave is consistent with a pair of dogs dying in a brush fire; sad, but not likely to be caused by paranormal orbs.

Last edited:
1. The last thing any of the Christian churches would have done would have been to embrace a philosophy and esoteric movement associated with Islam.

so why do you say Sufi groups such as the Templars?

That is what syncretism is, and why it works. At what stage between 32 CE and now are you saying that the Orthodox and Catholic Churches (and Protestant ones once they arrived) abandoned syncretism as an acknowledged, taught and practiced policy?

The other point is that Catholicism is, well, catholic :) there are always mystics, philosophers and the esoterics.

2. There is nothing especially secret about the Sufis, an esoteric teaching often associated with Islam but also predating it.

Yes, I am familiar with Sufism, its history and development, as well as its modern practitioners. Inter-faith dialogue does a good job here in Glasgow.

Many Western esoteric folk such as the Masons originated in it.

Historically known as speculative Masons. Again historically there are also the practical brick and stone sort where it's a fairly standard high mediaeval european craft guild, training facility and mutual benefit society. Although I have greatly enjoyed several Ladies Nights I can't comment on thye present day.

The Speculatives really get going in the same flowering that brings the US revolution, the fall of French absolute monarchy, the fall of absolute monarchy in the UK leading to the Protectorate and thence to the non-absolute Charles 2... and onwards to the Glorious Revolution. Romantically they took up the name "masons" and developed a rich and cohesive iconocraphy and historiography.

For some reason they spearheaded the building of Cathedrals such as Durham.

Who apart from stone and rubble workers are going to do this? Want to kill a cow? Get a butcher. And so on. When you say "spearheaded" where does that fit in with the known political, economic, religious and social landscape that prevailed?

Just downloaded the pdf. What prompted you to produce this? intended audience?

I think you might enjoy Umberto Eco's 1988 Foucault's Pendulum? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault's_Pendulum

Last edited:
Plenty of doubt, of course. Firstly, that story is from George Knapp's book which started all this nonsense, and there is very little that Knapp has ever said which is reliable on any subject. He believes Bob Lazar, for a start.

However we can't really blame Knapp for this story - it is a completely unsupported story by the Gorman/Sherman family that Knapp just repeated. The description that Sherman gave is consistent with a pair of dogs dying in a brush fire; sad, but not likely to be caused by paranormal orbs.
Had you been watching the programme you would have seen a detailed account of the incident by a witness who came across as totally genuine. However, he said that the story that has grown up around it is slightly wrong, because the dogs weren't killed in some exotic way, they were simply crushed underneath what left the impression of a heavy circular object. As for Knapp, he is not a gullible idiot. He says he has not come to any firm conclusions about UAPs, but has listened to and interviewed many alleged witnesses, including Lazar. Incidentally, I am sure that Lazar believes in what he is saying, but if you have read Vallee's account of his interview with him you will see that he admits to memory lapses and being given glasses of some unknown liquid while at the alleged back-engineering of crashed UFOs. It is clearly all disinformation to keep peoples' attention on the desert when, as should be obvious, if you are experimenting with antigravity devices (not back engineering UFOs) it makes more sense to use remote wooded areas. You wouldn't need a 2000 foot runway, would you?

so why do you say Sufi groups such as the Templars?

That is what syncretism is, and why it works. At what stage between 32 CE and now are you saying that the Orthodox and Catholic Churches (and Protestant ones once they arrived) abandoned syncretism as an acknowledged, taught and practiced policy?

The other point is that Catholicism is, well, catholic :) there are always mystics, philosophers and the esoterics.

Yes, I am familiar with Sufism, its history and development, as well as its modern practitioners. Inter-faith dialogue does a good job here in Glasgow.

Historically known as speculative Masons. Again historically there are also the practical brick and stone sort where it's a fairly standard high mediaeval european craft guild, training facility and mutual benefit society. Although I have greatly enjoyed several Ladies Nights I can't comment on thye present day.

The Speculatives really get going in the same flowering that brings the US revolution, the fall of French absolute monarchy, the fall of absolute monarchy in the UK leading to the Protectorate and thence to the non-absolute Charles 2... and onwards to the Glorious Revolution. Romantically they took up the name "masons" and developed a rich and cohesive iconocraphy and historiography.

Who apart from stone and rubble workers are going to do this? Want to kill a cow? Get a butcher. And so on. When you say "spearheaded" where does that fit in with the known political, economic, religious and social landscape that prevailed?

Just downloaded the pdf. What prompted you to produce this? intended audience?

I think you might enjoy Umberto Eco's 1988 Foucault's Pendulum? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault's_Pendulum
There's no doubt that many people have picked up on the very strange Knights Templar, and have suspected the modern day masons of all kinds of strange activities. Based on the fact that the symbolism and various other features reflects aspects of Sufi activity it seems likely that the European Masons were an offshoot of the original Builders or Masons, the Sufi enterprise devised by (from memory -- my knowledge of Arabic is poor!) Dhul'Nun, a Nubian. The very senior Mason that I knew was obviously unaware of the origins of his society.

I don't know why the early Masons started the Cathedrals concept. Like a lot of Sufi activities they seem to appear out of nowhere and it is interesting that (at least at Durham) Sufi masons actually played a major role in their design. Historically they were interested in making structures that attract and store energy ("Baraka"). If you do some research at ISF you will get a better idea of what I am trying to put over! If you are already aware of what Sufism is, you should know all these things anyway. As I am also interested in strange earth energies, the fact that all of the great cathedrals and other structures were situated in high energy areas indicates that their builders knew exactly what they were doing.

I know less about the early Christian churches but the overall impression I get is of fierce rivalry ending in murder, which doesn't match with the definition of Syncretism. The early church was full of totally evil and deranged people.

At the time I wrote the article there were clearly parallels and connections between the interests and activities of the Priory of Sion and Sufism, and at the same time a lot of folk denying that the Priory even existed or was a totally made-up organisation. Relatively recently some members of the Priory have decided to reveal more of their knowledge, and although some are obviously intelligent and broadminded others are not interested in the process.) So I tried to widen the debate and get Baigent et al and indeed others, to see a wider perspective. (They never replied to any of my communications anyway!)

As for why I am interested in such arcane matters, that's a very long story. But I spent much of my life doing research and it's something I just enjoy doing.

Last edited:
There's no doubt that many people have picked up on the very strange Knights Templar, and have suspected the modern day masons of all kinds of strange activities. Based on the fact that the symbolism and various other features reflects aspects of Sufi activity it seems likely that the European Masons were an offshoot of the original Builders or Masons, the Sufi enterprise devised by (from memory -- my knowledge of Arabic is poor!) Dhul'Nun, a Nubian. The very senior Mason that I knew was obviously unaware of the origins of his society.

There are fashions in these things - look at Tutmania in the early/mid 1900s. People devise their systems derivatively, from what is in common culture at the time or, as graduates of the Grand Tour, in a mishmash of cultural references that act as dog whistles to alert others of the same class.

Compare The Templars with other orders. Which bits do you think are not explainable except by Ancient Knowledge (for want of a better term) ? The Templar order was disbanded because of changing politics, with the Pope as a player, and a need for cash. It's a pattern that keeps repeating - look at Henry 8 and the windfalls from the monasteries.

Why do you think that the stone and brick guys in mediaeval europe come from Sufism rather than, say, Greece, Carthage, Rome, Byzantium, the Rhine civilsations and, god help us, even what is now the UK? Humans develop skills based on what is needed and what they have to meet that need.

I don't know why the early Masons started the Cathedrals concept.

what is your evidence that they did? They aren't Masons in the sense of mystical people on chequerboard floors and Dan Brown. I know there are people who think that Dan Brown is a text book but it truly is fiction after all :) We even know who some of these people were, and can track their careers from the sites they worked on. Really need you to define dates here.

Like a lot of Sufi activities they seem to appear out of nowhere

except that they are part of a continuous tradition of the architecture of temporal power and fit perfectly into the social, religious, economic and political context. I am at a loss why you think they appear out of nowhere.

If you are already aware of what Sufism is, you should know all these things anyway.

I know about lots of things: I am an elderly academic and my period of interest is mediaeval western europe so I have lots of time to study up on all this AND to read beyond and around the subject to see if there is anything odd going on that needs to be brought into the synthesis. From the Pirenne Thesis onwards the role of Islam in the growth of the West is well known. What I have seen no evidence for is a mystical secret society of revered masters etc etc etc. Which is a shame because that would be more fun than tracing the way population growth supports urbanism and leads to the possibility of non-subsistence labour in enough quantity to make a difference.

As I am also interested in strange earth energies, the fact that all of the great cathedrals and other structures were situated in high energy areas indicates that their builders knew exactly what they were doing.

cause or effect? I suggest that it is rather easy to look at the snapshot now and interpret it as inevitable, rather than being a result of happenstance and disceranable mundande forces. Look at the site of the religio-temporal complex of the City of Durham. Unruly populace, William 1 needing both to reward supporters and also to cow the north. The great Harrowing was one of his first ats having taken power inthe south.

Again, I'm coming back to dates. Durham Cathedral (which really needs to be considered together with the Castle) is the third site chosen for the concept, and wouldn't have happened at all in the same way had the first not met with disaster. Or Vikings as they are also known. The site was in use before the politics of the situation led to the perfection of the Norman Church - where does this use fit into the idea that cathedrals arise from nowhere?

I know less about the early Christian churches but the overall impression I get is of fierce rivalry ending in murder, which doesn't match with the definition of Syncretism. The early church was full of totally evil and deranged people.

So no bias there then? roflmao! All humans behave in inhumane ways to each other - it's What We Do, perhaps our defining characteristic as a species. As for syncretism, there's the very famous quotation (which has completely escaped me at the moment, maybe someone else can find it? pretty please?????) where a church elder instructs the missionaries on how to interact with current and ancient sites of non-christian worship. Dammit! I just can't remember.

At the time I wrote the article there were clearly parallels and connections between the interests and activities of the Priory of Sion and Sufism, and at the same time a lot of folk denying that the Priory even existed or was a totally made-up organisation. Relatively recently some members of the Priory have decided to reveal more of their knowledge, and although some are obviously intelligent and broadminded others are not interested in the process.) So I tried to widen the debate and get Baigent et al and indeed others, to see a wider perspective. (They never replied to any of my communications anyway!)

I'm afraid that on planet Frides the fact that the genesis and development of the PoS can be tracked through the history and literature of the times, including academic spats and rivalries means that I can't subscribe to it existing in the form people seem to want it to. :( But humans seem to need to make up secret societies and to populate them, for a variety of reasons. We need to ascribe age and antedents to claim respectability - look at Gardnerian Wicca for example (which is nothing to do with its validity as a belief system for those people it works for), and the claiming of empire by Henry 8 harking back to a real Arthurian court. YMMV of course.

As for why I am interested in such arcane matters, that's a very long story. But I spent much of my life doing research and it's something I just enjoy doing.

It is a pleasure to be chewing over this with a well informed person of views almost diametrical to my own - long may we both flourish! Vivat Forteana!

Had you been watching the programme you would have seen a detailed account of the incident by a witness who came across as totally genuine.
Yes, that was Steven Wall, Terry Sherman's nephew, who was a child at the time of these events. I would rather hear the version as told by the adult present, but since that was Terry Sherman, (a.k.a. Tim Gorman, the owner from 1994-1996), that probably won't happen. I expect that Bigelow was quite enthusiastic about Sherman's accounts of portals opening in the sky (an account that seems to have influenced Steven Wall's childhood memories significantly). But Sherman is not giving interviews nowadays.

But after buying the Skinwalker Ranch, Bigelow's team the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDsc) were unable to provide any scientific evidence for portals in the sky - no photos, no videos, nothing.

Except for one event, when apparently a portal opened and something came out. There were two witnesses to this event - one saw nothing except a vague yellow light, but the other one, who was called 'Mike', saw a black, faceless creature crawl out and scuttle away. 'Mike' or his companion had a camera, I believe, but did not use it. Since that time, no further portals have been seen, photoed or videoed, much to the disappointment of Bigelow, Fugal, and Taylor.

And who was 'Mike'? According to Jacques Vallee, this was someone called Terry Sherman. Yes, him again.
https://ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com/2019/06/the-creature-and-portal-at-skinwalker.html

All the promises of portals in this location originated from Sherman, and these promises seem to have been disappointing, to say the least.

There are fashions in these things - look at Tutmania in the early/mid 1900s. People devise their systems derivatively, from what is in common culture at the time or, as graduates of the Grand Tour, in a mishmash of cultural references that act as dog whistles to alert others of the same class.

Compare The Templars with other orders. Which bits do you think are not explainable except by Ancient Knowledge (for want of a better term) ? The Templar order was disbanded because of changing politics, with the Pope as a player, and a need for cash. It's a pattern that keeps repeating - look at Henry 8 and the windfalls from the monasteries.

Why do you think that the stone and brick guys in mediaeval europe come from Sufism rather than, say, Greece, Carthage, Rome, Byzantium, the Rhine civilsations and, god help us, even what is now the UK? Humans develop skills based on what is needed and what they have to meet that need.

what is your evidence that they did? They aren't Masons in the sense of mystical people on chequerboard floors and Dan Brown. I know there are people who think that Dan Brown is a text book but it truly is fiction after all :) We even know who some of these people were, and can track their careers from the sites they worked on. Really need you to define dates here.

except that they are part of a continuous tradition of the architecture of temporal power and fit perfectly into the social, religious, economic and political context. I am at a loss why you think they appear out of nowhere.

I know about lots of things: I am an elderly academic and my period of interest is mediaeval western europe so I have lots of time to study up on all this AND to read beyond and around the subject to see if there is anything odd going on that needs to be brought into the synthesis. From the Pirenne Thesis onwards the role of Islam in the growth of the West is well known. What I have seen no evidence for is a mystical secret society of revered masters etc etc etc. Which is a shame because that would be more fun than tracing the way population growth supports urbanism and leads to the possibility of non-subsistence labour in enough quantity to make a difference.

cause or effect? I suggest that it is rather easy to look at the snapshot now and interpret it as inevitable, rather than being a result of happenstance and disceranable mundande forces. Look at the site of the religio-temporal complex of the City of Durham. Unruly populace, William 1 needing both to reward supporters and also to cow the north. The great Harrowing was one of his first ats having taken power inthe south.

Again, I'm coming back to dates. Durham Cathedral (which really needs to be considered together with the Castle) is the third site chosen for the concept, and wouldn't have happened at all in the same way had the first not met with disaster. Or Vikings as they are also known. The site was in use before the politics of the situation led to the perfection of the Norman Church - where does this use fit into the idea that cathedrals arise from nowhere?

So no bias there then? roflmao! All humans behave in inhumane ways to each other - it's What We Do, perhaps our defining characteristic as a species. As for syncretism, there's the very famous quotation (which has completely escaped me at the moment, maybe someone else can find it? pretty please?????) where a church elder instructs the missionaries on how to interact with current and ancient sites of non-christian worship. Dammit! I just can't remember.

I'm afraid that on planet Frides the fact that the genesis and development of the PoS can be tracked through the history and literature of the times, including academic spats and rivalries means that I can't subscribe to it existing in the form people seem to want it to. :( But humans seem to need to make up secret societies and to populate them, for a variety of reasons. We need to ascribe age and antedents to claim respectability - look at Gardnerian Wicca for example (which is nothing to do with its validity as a belief system for those people it works for), and the claiming of empire by Henry 8 harking back to a real Arthurian court. YMMV of course.

It is a pleasure to be chewing over this with a well informed person of views almost diametrical to my own - long may we both flourish! Vivat Forteana!
Well, as one elderly researcher to another, we are drawing on different sources and different databases, as they say these days. The Oak Island programme has found a lot of evidence linking activities there with the Templars, and going back to early times. The Templars seem to have been playing two games at the same time , presenting themselves as poor Christians and aiding pilgrims in the Holy land but at the same time engaging in excavations on the temple mount. Were they looking for the Ark of the Covenant? And that has led the Oak Island crew to wonder if that is the fabulous treasure that is really there.
Yes, that was Steven Wall, Terry Sherman's nephew, who was a child at the time of these events. I would rather hear the version as told by the adult present, but since that was Terry Sherman, (a.k.a. Tim Gorman, the owner from 1994-1996), that probably won't happen. I expect that Bigelow was quite enthusiastic about Sherman's accounts of portals opening in the sky (an account that seems to have influenced Steven Wall's childhood memories significantly). But Sherman is not giving interviews nowadays.

But after buying the Skinwalker Ranch, Bigelow's team the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDsc) were unable to provide any scientific evidence for portals in the sky - no photos, no videos, nothing.

Except for one event, when apparently a portal opened and something out. There were two witnesses to this event - one saw nothing except a vague yellow light, but the other one, who was called 'Mike', saw a black. faceless creature crawl out. Since that time, no further portals have been seen or videoed , much to the disappointment of Bigelow, Fugal, and Taylor.

And who was 'Mike'? According to Jacques Vallee, this was some called Terry Sherman. Yes, him again.
https://ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com/2019/06/the-creature-and-portal-at-skinwalker.html

All the promises of portals in this location originated from Sherman, and these promises seem to have been disappointing, to say the least.
Well, I'm not talking about portals, but about one specific and rather disturbing incident. As for what the NIDS team discovered, we just don't know. Nobody has discussed their findings at all, nor found out what experiments they did. Sherman has described his experiences but said nothing about the Bigelow activities. The rumours of buried alien craft under the mesa seem to be confirmed by the present team's work but efforts to drill into them have foundered. However, exotic high-tech materials have been discovered. And there are of course rumours of buried craft at Mt Wilson ranch. From what we can tell, Bigelow has been pursuing his own rather complicated path, not just in the US but also abroad. He is a serious researcher but he is not publishing any findings. What is good about this from a scientific viewpoint is that we get information (some of it very powerful) from the present team, but as they are not aware of what previous researchers did we may one day get a chance to compare the two very different approaches.

York cathedral was built on the site of the Roman army camp, between the Foss and the Ouse; an entirely strategic decision, no 'energies' involved there. Durham was built on the bend in the river that also accommodated the castle; an entirely strategic decision, no 'energies' involved there. St Pauls was built near the easternmost crossing of the Thames; an entirely strategic decision, no 'energies' involved there.

Despite the beliefs of modern-day pagans, Christian churches in England were rarely associated with previous pagan sites. According to Ronald Hutton, probably the most renowned expert on this subject in the current era, only thirty-three out of one and a half thousand medieval parish churches in Britain have been shown to have had any apparent pre-Christian activity on their site. So these energies (if they existed) were not apparent to the ancient Britons or pagan Saxons.

https://www.gresham.ac.uk/sites/default/files/transcript/2023-06-07-1800_Hutton-T.pdf

The rumours of buried alien craft under the mesa seem to be confirmed by the present team's work -
That really does not seem to be the case.

But there is an easy way to find out. Get Taylor off the case and put NASA or AARO in charge. Or even Elon Musk - I bet he'd love to have access to a portal or two.

Last edited:
Robert Bigelow of Bigelow Aerospace Industries owned the ranch from 1996 to 2016.

Travis Taylor had said he did not know why Bigelow buried that time period history where no one could read it.

Travis said if they knew the past history that would be a tremendous help especially why Bigelow exploded the face of the mesa.

The sale of the ranch to the present owner Brandon Fugal is also a buried secret.

Taylor worked for years for the Department of Defense and also on the old UFO office which turned into the AARO.

Last edited:
That really does not seem to be the case.

But there is an easy way to find out. Get Taylor off the case and put NASA or AARO in charge. Or even Elon Musk - I bet he'd love to have access to a portal or two.
As they cannot physically ID it, how can anyone say what it is - UFO or otherwise?

The only reason they can't ID it, is because there is nothing there to ID. What do you think is particularly unusual? All the radiation results and orbs so far have been shown to be insignificant.

York cathedral was built on the site of the Roman army camp, between the Foss and the Ouse; an entirely strategic decision, no 'energies' involved there. Durham was built on the bend in the river that also accommodated the castle; an entirely strategic decision, no 'energies' involved there. St Pauls was built near the easternmost crossing of the Thames; an entirely strategic decision, no 'energies' involved there.

Despite the beliefs of modern-day pagans, Christian churches in England were rarely associated with previous pagan sites. According to Ronald Hutton, probably the most renowned expert on this subject in the current era, only thirty-three out of one and a half thousand medieval parish churches in Britain have been shown to have had any apparent pre-Christian activity on their site. So these energies (if they existed) were not apparent to the ancient Britons or pagan Saxons.

https://www.gresham.ac.uk/sites/default/files/transcript/2023-06-07-1800_Hutton-T.pdf
There is no way that you can know whether or not energies are present at Durham; I imagine that someone has been dowsing there so could probably tell you. There is certainly strong evidence along the Michael and Mary lines and if you check out the work of Guy Underwood you will find many specific examples where churches and cathedrals, and ancient sites, are connected with it. Regarding the ancient stone circles and standing stones, there is clear evidence there as well. No, of course only a few Christian buildings were so sited, but some were.

There is no way that you can know whether or not energies are present at Durham;

Do you mean that @eburacum isn't capable of this or that the lines cannot be perceived by anyone at all? I lived in Durham for secondary school and spent much time ambling about the incised meanders as well as the surrounding areas. So where does that leave me?
There is certainly strong evidence along the Michael and Mary lines

Leys are an unproven hypothesis. I haven't yet found one that doesn't evaporate when you start to investigate it - nebulous rather than numinous, they resolve as being "real" only at a state of vagueness which means that they can't be used for anything.... er... useful! How do I know? Of all fortean areas I am most drawn to earth mysteries - and I want terrestrial zodiacs and ley lines to exist. Dammit they ought to! As a result I've been trying to find a ley that works for the last 50 years, my shelves are lined in books about leys and pamphlets that detail local ones. Well they were until I retired when I gifted my collection to the young teen opposite our house. Primary research for half a century and nothing. Leys are lovely ideas but when you look at one? Very sad :glum:

Focussing on Durham and also picking up on @eburacum 's point about the usual, far more common lack of continuity of site use, how does this feed into your theories? We do know what comes before the Norman bits of the standing building; how does this fit?

Does the secret knowledge arrive with the christians and the predecessors (all the misty celtic and pagan survival theories) were cluless and without this insight? You see to have a real downer on the church so I'm surprised that this works for you.

I still don't understand why you say that cathedrals came out of nowhere. In what way aren't they fully tied into the changes we know about archaeologically, historically and anthropologically?

Do you mean that @eburacum isn't capable of this or that the lines cannot be perceived by anyone at all? I lived in Durham for secondary school and spent much time ambling about the incised meanders as well as the surrounding areas. So where does that leave me?

Leys are an unproven hypothesis. I haven't yet found one that doesn't evaporate when you start to investigate it - nebulous rather than numinous, they resolve as being "real" only at a state of vagueness which means that they can't be used for anything.... er... useful! How do I know? Of all fortean areas I am most drawn to earth mysteries - and I want terrestrial zodiacs and ley lines to exist. Dammit they ought to! As a result I've been trying to find a ley that works for the last 50 years, my shelves are lined in books about leys and pamphlets that detail local ones. Well they were until I retired when I gifted my collection to the young teen opposite our house. Primary research for half a century and nothing. Leys are lovely ideas but when you look at one? Very sad :glum:

Focussing on Durham and also picking up on @eburacum 's point about the usual, far more common lack of continuity of site use, how does this feed into your theories? We do know what comes before the Norman bits of the standing building; how does this fit?

Does the secret knowledge arrive with the christians and the predecessors (all the misty celtic and pagan survival theories) were cluless and without this insight? You see to have a real downer on the church so I'm surprised that this works for you.

I still don't understand why you say that cathedrals came out of nowhere. In what way aren't they fully tied into the changes we know about archaeologically, historically and anthropologically?
I think ley lines are an artifact. The Michael and Mary lines actually meander about, sometimes crossing, and because they follow a vaguely linear course it raises the odds of linear features appearing. It is comparable to Vallee's work on Michel's orthoteny concept. Even in Bury St Edmunds any apparent linearity over a short run is just chance.

I don't think the Christian Church ever really had any firm basis. If you look at McCabe's The Testament of Christian Civilisation which is a complete set of all the early written materials available it is clear that the whole thing fell apart very early on. Now that doesn't mean that some more sensitive people didn't join it (if only to avoid being condemned as heretics), and had some influence on the building programme. There are a lot of signs, picked up by dowsers, that the locations of the cathedrals and churches were in areas of energy. It seems to me that while the conventional believers were content with having magnificent new places of worship, there were others who could detect and maybe make use of the hidden currents. In fact I reckon that there have always been people of perception around and that when they were able to they built the stone circles and standing stones (which as you know are still active today, despite the way that they've been treated -- at Avebury for example). Sadly so many of the dowsers today are sold on New Age ideas and are just as closed minded as the conventional archaeologists.

When I heard that Sufis had been active in building Durham cathedral things began to make some sense.

The Skinwalker Ranch was owned by Terry and Gwen Sherman 1994 to 1996 and they filed with the local authorities that a creature that had been extinct for 10, 000 years called a “ Dire Wolf “ was causing havoc on their ranch.

A biologist from the Hutchings Museum Institute in Utah showed that a replica of the Dire Wolf’s skull teeth fit perfectly to the teeth marks on the ribs of a past dead cow.

Travis and crew immediately searched the south part of the ranch, a part of the ranch where no one goes.

The gang found a recently died animal that looked like a Dire Wolf and sent the remains to the lab.

The Hutchings Museum reported they have not found why the dead Grosbeck and Starling birds from the ranch will not decompose, and the bones in the starlings were broken in an unusual pattern.

Travis launched three rockets in the triangle near the mesa, each rocket carrying GPS locators and even though the rockets flew successfully, the on board GPS systems showed the rockets where flying sideways or flying through the ground.

Owner Brandon Fugal, who said he was a true skeptic, but when he and his group were first on the ranch in 2016 a UFO grey in color, 50 feet long, and 50 feet from the ground appeared in front of his group for about 20 seconds.

The gang found a recently died animal that looked like a Dire Wolf and sent the remains to the lab.
And then what happened?
Interestingly, Utah doesn't have a population of wild wolves, although it did before the expansion of Europeans into this area. The Dire Wolf was wiped out when humans arrived from Asia about 8500 years ago. If this really were a dire wolf it would be fantastic.

And then what happened?
Interestingly, Utah doesn't have a population of wild wolves, although it did before the expansion of Europeans into this area. The Dire Wolf was wiped out when humans arrived from Asia about 8500 years ago. If this really were a dire wolf it would be fantastic.
It turned out to be a Grey Wolf!

Maybe the lab results will be in the next episode number six ?

Is it a Dire Wolf ?

I found it interesting that dead birds don’t decompose and scavengers will not approach the dead birds which have no brains.

Travis launched three rockets in the triangle near the mesa, each rocket carrying GPS locators and even though the rockets flew successfully, the on board GPS systems showed the rockets where flying sideways or flying through the ground.
This is yet another example of the Skinwalker crew failing to achieve their aims, and presenting it as an 'anomaly'. Sure, every scientific team has failures- but they usually disregard the failures as 'outliers', and try again. The SWR crew consistently present failure as a triumph.
Owner Brandon Fugal, who said he was a true skeptic, but when he and his group were first on the ranch in 2016 a UFO grey in color, 50 feet long, and 50 feet from the ground appeared in front of his group for about 20 seconds.

Shame that none of his party could have photographed Fugal's grey UFO (but apparently their phones were dead). A detailed account of this sighting is included in his interview with Mick West; it seems apparent that the object was quite a long way away from the observers above the mesa, so it is unlikely that the photo would have shown much.
https://www.ufojoe.net/skinwalker-fugal-west

It turned out to be a Grey Wolf!
Ah, well, not a dire wolf, then. Different species, different genus.

Even a Grey Wolf is interesting in this context - the population of Grey Wolves in Utah is regarded as extinct. However they are being re-introduced in several neighbouring states.

Last edited:
During the last 4 years multiple LiDAR tests above the triangle near the mesa have not changed.

There is a mysterious circular phenomenon above the triangle that produces something like a circular donut image.

Owner Brandon Fugal claims that he has never seen before that this 512 acres of land which seems to be the center of paranormal craziness.

There is a mysterious circular phenomenon above the triangle that produces something like a circular donut image.
I debunked this 'donut' back in post #961 of this thread; it is bad science, and misuse of graphics.

I also posted a link to Mick West's replication of the donut effect in post #960;
here it is again.

The Skinwalker crew were not using their drone correctly, and the result was inevitably a 'donut'; if they did the same thing over your house they would get the same pattern.

-----------------------
I note that Taylor retracted his idea that there was a 'black hole' over the mesa in episode 1 of the new series, although as far as I remember he never said that before; he has always implied that it was a 'portal' rather than a black hole, but both are equally improbable.

A portal might be slightly safer depending on its characteristics; some wormhole geometries are derived directly from black hole geometries, and could be dangerously unstable, especially if you let it collide with the Earth.

Last edited:
I debunked this 'donut' back in post #961 of this thread; it is bad science, and misuse of graphics.

I also posted a link to Mick West's replication of the donut effect in post #960;
here it is again.

The Skinwalker crew were not using their drone correctly, and the result was inevitably a 'donut'; if they did the same thing over your house they would get the same pattern.

-----------------------
I note that Taylor retracted his idea that there was a 'black hole' over the mesa in episode 1 of the new series, although as far as I remember he never said that before; he has always implied that it was a 'portal' rather than a black hole, but both are equally improbable.

A portal might be slightly safer depending on its characteristics; some wormhole geometries are derived directly from black hole geometries, and could be dangerously unstable, especially if you let it collide with the Earth.
Certainly proves this oversight.

Skinwalker Ranch uses the most reputable companies and I don’t believe these companies are inexperienced or not doing the right thing.

I don’t believe these companies would hurt themselves in the competitive business world.

These last past years has shown that the phenomenons on the ranch are very consistent and not haphazard.

Back