• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Optical Illusions Thread

1710706268210.png

Tattoo artist Matt Pehrson, who works at the Zion Tattoo Company in Utah, US, took his tattooing skills to a whole new level after creating the extremely realistic design on the back of his friend Ryan's skull.

The design is cleverly made up of thick black lines to give an impression of a huge hole in Ryan's head, along with some pretty clever shading to create the illusion

"Of course, the tattoo only looks 'perfect' at a limited viewing angle. Still looks like a rad tattoo from other angles, it just doesn't make your tummy hurt," he explained.

Is it just the cowboy then (which I saw immediately) or are we looking for something else?
The right hand side of the hat looks overly large and a bit like a closed butterfly.
It's just the cowboy. I think it's the fact that the shading on the illustration isn't very well done so that makes it look more three dimensional. As Steven spotted when looking at it, changing the contrast makes it easier to see.

It's good, but down to interpretation.
After all, now do we 'see' John Wick or Jesus Christ on a slice of burnt toast?

"It's a Keanu Reeves thing - you wouldn't understand!" ;)
I've not seen any of the John Wick movies - but I've seen clips. Not my cup of tea ...

I looked at the hands, but came to the conclusion that there were the correct amount, if not a little odd looking.

The weirdest thing about that pic is the strange alien-looking figure walking past in the background (half hidden by the fringe of the girl on the right of the pic).

They're here!!!

Why is the woman wearing two belts?
Ever hear of the 80's?:)

Also the poor womAIn (ai woman lol) on the right has some weirdo shoving a pizza or something right up her nose.

Though the one is holding a piece, there is a whole pizza in front of them. Guzzle guts, they must be onto their second.

Back