• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Pizza Thread

I don't like two much variety on one pizza. If there is a meat, I don't want salami and meatballs. If there is cheese then I don't want four different sorts. Pizza must always have a tomato glop spread closest to the bread.

It's off becuase I prize, for example, a curry, for its depth of different flavours.

I don't like two much variety on one pizza. If there is a meat, I don't want salami and meatballs. If there is cheese then I don't want four different sorts. Pizza must always have a tomato glop spread closest to the bread.

It's off becuase I prize, for example, a curry, for its depth of different flavours.
Many years ago I bought a frozen pizza that not only had a million different cheeses on it, but also had a band of 'cheese' running through the crust as well.
I say 'cheese', but I'm not 100% certain that it should have been classed as such to be honest.
I feel a bit queezy now thinking of it.

I don't like pizza. There, I said it.
gettyimages-2014797_wide-63b7c37d4f468e2e77418b22727b0963281bad24.jpg

Many years ago I bought a frozen pizza that not only had a million different cheeses on it, but also had a band of 'cheese' running through the crust as well.
I say 'cheese', but I'm not 100% certain that it should have been classed as such to be honest.
Stuffed crust pizza is, apparently, a thing.

Sounds perfect. :cool:

Yep, with you on that - ham and mushroom; pepperoni, mushroom, peppers; or combinations similar to that.

Plus cheese (mozzarella/cheddar mix if I'm making my own) and tomato sauce, of course...

And no stuffed crusts. And no pineapple - not because I'm a snob but because I hate pineapple!

Last edited:
I've always grown spinach beet - tastes fab and doesn't bolt as easily as spinach.
Runny eggs on Pizza's are divine. My favourite ever pizza was the all day English breakfast. I say was because the restaurant that used to serve it closed down when they redeveloped Mitre Square……yes that Mitre square.

I always used to mention Cate Eddowes to my lunch buddies to great groans from them. “Yes Turpin we know, you’ve said it before for Christ’s sake son that's enough of bloody Jack the Ripper” :):)

A runny egg on a pizza would be the last thing I would ever think of, but as I say “ what ever turns your crank “.

People Magazine published a picture Saturday as Prince William and Prince George sat and watched a cricket game between England and Australia.

In the picture both were feasting away on pizza as they watched the game.

Runny eggs on Pizza's are divine. My favourite ever pizza was the all day English breakfast. I say was because the restaurant that used to serve it closed down when they redeveloped Mitre Square……yes that Mitre square.
Seriously?… I’m picturing this on a pizza base..

1688415737088.png

It’s surely only a matter of time before some enterprising individual perfects the steak & kidney pizza.

La La La I can't hear you.....
Pizza express sell a Firontenno, which consists of spinach, black olives a runny Eggs. Try it mr F, you wont regret it.

Many years ago I introduced a mate of mine to an egg paratha, while we was having a late night curry. The following day he sent me a text saying that the egg paratha had changed his life forever, and life would never be the same again

You can already get all that sort of thing in giant Yorkshire puddings.
OK.... This is the pizza thread though.

Just to fill in the picture, where could I get these giant Yorkshire Puddings? Is there a giant Yorkshire Pudding takeaway outlet? A step up from the ‘pie, mushy peas ’n gravy in half a loaf’ treats which featured recently..

OK.... This is the pizza thread though.

Just to fill in the picture, where could I get these giant Yorkshire Puddings? Is there a giant Yorkshire Pudding takeaway outlet? A step up from the ‘pie, mushy peas ’n gravy in half a loaf’ treats which featured recently..
The giant Yorkshire pudding construction offers an advantage over the pizza serving formation, viz. better containment of runnier fillings.

In the U.S. pepperoni is the favorite pizza as Americans eat 250 million pounds of it on their pizza annually.

I guess Americans have a love affair with pepperoni !

Back