• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Ship

mindalai said:
How's your cat, Sunsplash?

Thank you for asking, Mindalai The cat is quite well actually. Sierra is sitting on my bed, intermitently grooming herself while remote viewing a suspected weapons of mass deconstruction site, doing contract work for the Americans, apparently.

I had to remove the pile of decaying mouse bits she had stockpiled to take on board H_84's Skybeast, though. People were starting to ask questions, the smell had moved on but poor Sierra was beseiged by art buyers wanting to purchase the 'installation piece...'

Still watching the Sky, and waiting...

Look what I just found in the attic. It's a bit dusty and battered but there's life in the old thread yet.

*Blows dust off Human_84's thread*

It's like a trip down memory lane, wading through the old posts. The cut and thrust of lively debate, the arguement and counter argument. T'was a simpler age back then, wasn't it?

Mind you, I think we all were surprised when waves of shuttles began skimming over the good ole USA and tipping their wings to the cameras. That Helena bird was alright as well. Shame about all these earthquakes and floods though. Who looks silly now?

Ringo_ said:
It's like a trip down memory lane, wading through the old posts.

That's what I like most about the Fortean Times boards.

On other Fortean and Paranormal lists I've been heavily criticized for "necroposting." (Ugly word, sez me.)

"If a thread's been abandoned for six months or a year, or even longer, let it lay. Nobody's interested any longer."

What kind of reasoning is that? Charles Fort's been dead for three-quarters of a century, so why should anybody be interested in what he wrote?

Sheesh!

i like the schematic bit centre bottom labelled 'doughnuttype' :D

apart from that, it just appears to be a bunch of magnets... :?

David Hamel at work on his inner cones.

Sounds like some sort of reiki.

*Goes off to prepare lawn chair, thermos and ham sandwiches*

Is Human's Jersey Devil site still going? That might be a clue to his whereabouts.

Apostle of the Impossible.

OldTimeRadio said:
Ringo_ said:
It's like a trip down memory lane, wading through the old posts.

That's what I like most about the Fortean Times boards.

On other Fortean and Paranormal lists I've been heavily criticized for "necroposting." (Ugly word, sez me.)

"If a thread's been abandoned for six months or a year, or even longer, let it lay. Nobody's interested any longer."

What kind of reasoning is that? Charles Fort's been dead for three-quarters of a century, so why should anybody be interested in what he wrote?

Sheesh!

Poo to that. The beauty of this board is also that it has been aorund for so long you can bump threads that haven't been posted on for 3+ years.

This thread is a mere anklebiter in comparison. I used to remember when, if someone said they were going to get you on their saucer and save you from a dying world, then they bloody well meant it!!

Not sure what the world is coming to. I used to think a juddering halt but who knows now?? My faith is as shattered as I expected the planet to be, viewed it from the rear porthole as I escaped the solar system. The only rear porthole round here is.... Ah well reminiscences are all fine and dandy but if I'm going to escape then I'm going to have to get back to work on my wormhole generator - it still seems dangerously unstable.

Re: Apostle of the Impossible.

Mighty_Emperor said:
I'm going to have to get back to work on my wormhole generator - it still seems dangerously unstable.

Are you sure you're using the right sort of worms?

Yep, legendarily from his garden he dug up about 10,000 worms, deposited them on his billiards table and had his son play the bassoon at them.

They don't make bonkers geniuses like that any more :).

There are plenty of bonkers non-geniuses about though. If only I could find a thread that demonstrates this fact...

Just as plans for the Ship were concealed in Egyptian heiroglyphs, so Darwin (a member of the Space Brothers/Illuminati) encoded the starship drive within the pages of his book.

At the time he was writing, physics had no concept of wormholes, so everyone assumed that he was just writing about common or garden worms. But now our science has advanced to the point where we can decode his writings - expect ENORMOUS ADVANCES very soon!!!!! :madeyes:

(And don't be surprised if Darwin himself doesn't make a return, to sort out these pesky IDers and Creationists!)

Wormholes have nothing to do with actual worms.

They're called that because synchronized temporal distorters (STDs) manipulate and shift dimensions and especially vortexial gateways (*) through a series of clockwork-activated WORM-gears.

I thought everybody knew that.

(*) Doorways, American.

BlackRiverFalls said:
You could become very rich Ryn, when you publish your book "The Darwin Code" :D
I'm working on it! ;)

I take it from the lack of a response that either:
a) Human got the thing to work and is scooting around in his living plasma thingamyjig while waiting for the end of days
b) Depressed at how he could ever have thought that the pile of junk could turn into anything other than a pile of junk with a pre-disposition to pick up iron filings.

AMPHIARAUS said:
I take it from the lack of a response that either:
a) Human got the thing to work and is scooting around in his living plasma thingamyjig while waiting for the end of days
b) Depressed at how he could ever have thought that the pile of junk could turn into anything other than a pile of junk with a pre-disposition to pick up iron filings.

I'd bet it's neither. Thanks to Cognitive Dissonance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance I bet he's just figured he needs to change the tolerances on the watzit and re-frib the doohickey and then it'll be ready, just a few mre months for sure...

The spirits stopped talking to him. He doesn't know how to finish the thing.

Human washed his hands off us because we don't take him serious.
However we don't take him serious because so far there hasn't been anything that is to be taken serious.
I mean I really think that all of us agree that he really believed in what he was doing, as bad as it was.
Shame that he needs "followers" in order to stay on a message board.

The only other reason could be that he "woke up" and smelled the cheese and is to embarressed to admit it...
...yeah right.

Or of course he's gone - out into the cold harsh universe, with his cones and his magnets. Sigh

:hmm:

I think I've seen him.

The other night I was out in the yard, adjusting the tinfoil roof insulation (can't be too careful) when I noticed a light in the sky. It was blinking, and accompanied by a sound that I've only heard helicopters make before.

Then it shone a very bright light into my back yard, before sweeping away to the west.

Since I know I'm not on any lists, it could only be Human_84 paying me a visit to confirm his ship works.

His Jersey Devil site hasn't been updated since the middle of January. Doesn't he have Internet access on the planet Tharg?

Does anybody remember the Otis T. Carr "flying saucer" from the early 1960s?

That one never took off either.

OldTimeRadio said:
Does anybody remember the Otis T. Carr "flying saucer" from the early 1960s?

That one never took off either.

Ah... thats just what they want you to think. It actually forms tha basis of the New World Order's airforce and are flown disguised as a black helicopters. I suspect Human got too close with his experiments and had to be silenced.

OldTimeRadio said:
Errrr....pardon.....but you're on this list.

This isn't the real me. It's a convincing simulacrum using an ancient technology I discovered by reading between the lines of a Philip K Dick novel.

The real me is blissfully unaware of all of this. He'd be quite shocked to discover where I'm posting.

I actually saw the "mythical" black helicopters once, a line of eight or 10 of them, after midnight one cold winter Northern Kentucky night circa 1970. They were flying entirely without lights , and fairly low to the ground (around the size of smaller coin held at arms' length).

And I immediately made an educated guess as to what they actually were - because they were flying due south from the direction of Dayton, Ohio's, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (about 50 miles north) and (most importantly) the Vietnam War was still going on, with helicopter pilots still being being trained for it.)

Dang - this thread is like Lazerus or something!

Just out of curiosity - why?

Oh and, is it likely that he has given up and gone all embarrassed and so has gone all quiet (nothing to be pious about anymore)?

Do you think that perhaps his parents have collected him and cleared out his uncle's barn of his cones and magnets and told him that they will feed him that they will sort everything out (don't worry son, you'll be ok, you just need to get a girlfriend and a job etc)?

Back