The Sun & The Moon Doing Strange Things

uair01

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I could not find a suitable conspiracy thread.
Also, this is an edge case, because it's not certain if this is real or just a joke.
But we may see more theories in this vein, so I think a new thread is defensible.

20200914_072204.jpg

Oh no, the secret CIA plan to replace the Sun with lower-cost LED lightbulbs to save on the enormous electricity bill has finally been noticed by someone https://t.co/LPiJsCIi1Z

Holy shit, I had no idea this was an actual thing that people believed, like chemtrails, but I probably shouldn't be surprised. A quick google search found lots of insanity, but this one was extra crazy: men's rights + white sun https://t.co/xf1lFaXdcC

https://goodmenproject.com/guy-talk...ellow-and-now-it-is-white-one-mans-view-cmtt/

Xanatic*

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I believe people on this board also mentioned this in the Mandela Effect thread. The Sun not being the warm glow that they remember.
Atmospheric pollution could actually be a factor in this.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I believe people on this board also mentioned this in the Mandela Effect thread. The Sun not being the warm glow that they remember.
Atmospheric pollution could actually be a factor in this.
That could be a good explanation.
I have noticed that the sun has been a lot brighter lately.

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
the secret CIA plan to replace the Sun with lower-cost LED lightbulbs
This is the sarcastic line that passes between my daughter and I when the sun comes out after a prolonged period oif overcast weather: "Oh look, somebody's changed the big light bulb in the sky!"

Vardoger

I'm #1 so why try harder
Reaction score
Atmospheric pollution is no longer what it was, so no more romantic yellow suns. A large volcanic eruption will fix that sooner or later.

skinny

TIT
Reaction score
Interesting observations. Lockdown leading to reduced combustion of vehicle fuels and industrial downturn might well be the perfect test case for cleaning up our act as a species. Indian citizens posted photos of mountain vistas on their horizons that had never been seen in their lives prior to 2020.

Anybody on this thread grow up in central Australia or Argentina or Botswana? Might have always been less air pollution down under. Have never been able to look at a sun high in the sky around here. Yellow, orange and red globes at sunrise and set as they can be anywhere, but the noonday sun has always been a shocking diamond. I also spend as much time as I can beyond the city limits at night and note no change in our atmospherics at all. Far fewer jets coming and going is about it for my experience.

As our winter draws to a close, The hot sun returns. I wear sunglasses all year round. Whenever students would ask me about the dangers of Australia's environment, I would always respond with the sun as #1. Dear ol' Sol. We natives dance around our limitations pretty well by now.

madmath

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Plenty of fire-caused pollution in the skies of North America presently. Those yellow skies weren't exactly romantic, though.

Atmospheric pollution is no longer what it was, so no more romantic yellow suns. A large volcanic eruption will fix that sooner or later.