• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I have a rather lovely Lapsang Souchong brewing right now. As a rule I don't drink caffeine but it's a little Sunday afternoon treat.

I have a rather lovely Lapsang Souchong brewing right now. As a rule I don't drink caffeine but it's a little Sunday afternoon treat.

Oh, dear - the slippery slope; it'll be crystal meth next - you mark my words.

Normally I'm a builders tea man - dash of milk, no sugar, somewhere around a darkish orange-brown that you can stand a spoon upright in. But lately I've become somewhat addicted to Stomach Ease from Yogi Tea: a surprisingly tasty brew for such a blandly utilitarian name (and it really does seem to work).

As it was on offer and I'm finding most blended teas too bland I'm trying Typhoo Extra Strong bags.

The packet declares it "expertly blended from robust Assam and high quality teas from the best estates in India and Africa".

I'm definitely tasting Assam with its slightly bitter aftertaste but I'm not detecting any African notes. There's a slightly powdery sensation that I don't much care for either.

6 out of 10. Maybe 7. I'll have to experiment with brewing times.

Oh, dear - the slippery slope; it'll be crystal meth next - you mark my words.
Well, at least crystal meth tastes better than Lapsang Souchong.
Normally I'm a builders tea man - dash of milk, no sugar, somewhere around a darkish orange-brown that you can stand a spoon upright in. But lately I've become somewhat addicted to Stomach Ease from Yogi Tea: a surprisingly tasty brew for such a blandly utilitarian name (and it really does seem to work).
And here I thought "Builders' Tea" meant enough sugar to poleaxe a small ox. Or at least give it Type 2 Diabetes.

...And here I thought "Builders' Tea" meant enough sugar to poleaxe a small ox. Or at least give it Type 2 Diabetes.

Round here it would be: nothing particularly special in the way of brand or type, as long as it's drinkable and tastes of tea and is on the darker end of the orange brown colour spectrum - and leave the bag in for my attention at some later point. Sugar is optional - a good sized mug is not.

Most days I take a see-through flask to work on my bike. For a while it had a significant build-up of encrusted tannin. Then I switched back to redbush teabags and now it's going clear again. So, where's it all gone? Have I swallowed it?

Most days I take a see-through flask to work on my bike. For a while it had a significant build-up of encrusted tannin. Then I switched back to redbush teabags and now it's going clear again. So, where's it all gone? Have I swallowed it?
Have you gone the same colour as Trump?
That explains it.

Easy.
tea he man.jpg

Slight whinge -

I think I mentioned on the Christmas thread that I got a mug with a bee on it. Same design as this but a different handle -
curios_bee_mug-280x280.jpg

Either Boxing day or the day after I was pouring water from the kettle into it when it cracked. It's still useable but you can appreciate I'm a bit reluctant to do so. Fortunately I've got another mug with a different bee on it from a previous Christmas and that is what I'm using now.

On the bottom of the cracked mug it has printed "Vegan Friendly". I don't know what that's all about.

Ever since an unfortunate event on a school trip while I was still in single digits, let alone short trousers, I associated sweet tea with projectile vomiting. Later, my Russian re-education led me to cut out milk from my tea, as well. There was a time when I wanted nothing more robust than a cup of black darjeeling, or - if I was feeling particularly frisky, perhaps - Earl Grey. Then I moved onto redbush, to cut out the caffeine. But now, in Malaysia, I've gone full circle: teh tarik is made from the sweepings off the tea factory floor, boiled up, a good dollop of condensed milk added, and the resulting mixture poured - with differing degrees of mixologist flair - from cup to cup, apparently in order to introduce air, thus cooling the drink and enhancing the flavour. I can't get enough of the stuff.

Normally I'm a builders tea man - dash of milk, no sugar, somewhere around a darkish orange-brown that you can stand a spoon upright in....

There's also the variant 'Builder's Bum' tea which is served in a large pale mug with a crack in it....

How do you all prevent tea from staining your teeth? Whenever I go on a tea-drinking spree, I have to spend more time with the whitening gel than I'd like.

How do you all prevent tea from staining your teeth? Whenever I go on a tea-drinking spree, I have to spend more time with the whitening gel than I'd like.

Some people have more porous teeth than others. A dentist told me. I get the tea stains but an electric toothbrush is enough to get them off.
I have noticed a bit more staining since taking an interest in this thread an increasing my tea intake.

I'm now trying Morrisson's own brand Extra Strong teabags.

There's no information on the packet about where the tea was sourced from, but it tastes like the usual blend of Assam and Ceylon. Possibly a bit heavier on the Assam than their standard blended teabags.

I don't particularily like it but I have another 199 cups to drink before I can try another brand. 5 out of 10.

Amateur error - have ran out of decaffeinated green tea this morning. Caffeinated it is is then...

You can remove most of the caffeine by steeping the tea for 30 seconds, pouring the water off and then brewing as normal.

Didn't know that - thanks. But I rather feel you're going to lose most of the flavour too no?

Didn't know that - thanks. But I rather feel you're going to lose most of the flavour too no?
Not in the first 30 seconds. You brew tea for a few minutes normally anyway so the flavour doesn't all come out in the first few seconds. Some of them last even longer than that. My posh teas can all be brewed twice.:cooll:

Back