• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I have to start the day with a cuppa. I can do coffee but it feels a bit harsh first thing. I enjoy one later in the morning. And afternoon has to be a cuppa as well.

I do enjoy a Costa if we’re out shopping, which is generally mornings.

I was trying to imagine living in a dystopian world without tea and it would take a while for me to get used to (not that I’d be likely to survive such a place, but it gave me sympathy for Arthur Dent setting the ships computer to make tea to the extent it’s functions were totally tied up and couldn’t do anything else).
Techy makes our morning brew. For years it was coffee but now it's tea. A proper drink. :cool:

Techy makes our morning brew. For years it was coffee but now it's tea. A proper drink
I make ours. I say my partner can’t make it how I like it I do like it fairly strong, with honey and just the right amount of milk. Not that I wont drink tea if offered but at home I just leap to the kettle and do it.

I must get a teapot though. It tastes so much better.

Techy is having a bit of a health kick. (They do, at his age. :nods: )

He'd been one of those coffee'eads who reckon they live on caffeine and swear by it.
Recently he's been drinking tea instead. He feels calmer, sleeps more soundly and has much less acid reflux.

Tea is the way forward. :cool:
Good for him!
I did the same thing about fifteen years back. It was a combination of finding myself in a country where it was hard to find decent coffee but was great as far as tea was concerned and also reading a piece about Toyah Wilcox having given up coffee (not in favour of tea, admittedly) and feeling and looking a whole lot better for it.

Coffee is a real teacher's vice - enter any teacher's staffroom and be prepared to be hit with the stench of rampant instant coffee use. We use it to give uas the energy needed to deal with long somnolent classes - but instead it just makes us more snappy.

Giving up the Devil's Beveridge involved no real sacrifice. I have always been a tea person and took to it at a very early age. My coffee drinking was just a fluke really.
I can honestly say that I don't miss it - tea provides all the caffeine kick that I need. I do enjoy the smell of freshly ground coffee though, but I can appreciate the aroma without wanting to imbibe the stuff.

With the advent of coffee shops everywhere and with coffee drinking being on the increase, I wonder if there are now those who no longer have cream teas but have cream coffees instead?
Most places will make you coffee instead. I've seen it done.

give me a a cup of Earl Grey with a slice of lemon any day

Last cup of tea I had was in 2021. Before that 2019. It’s fair to say I am not a tea person. When I had my first cup of coffee as a kid I thought ‘This is for me’ and relegated tea drinking to dire emergency purposes only.

I have to start the day with a HUGE mug of tea. One cup of coffee mid morning then it's back to tea (proper tea, Yorkshire tea!). I have my tea very strong and with just a splash of milk. I can drink my coffee black but I cannot phase out that last little bit of milk in my tea!

As a coffee drinker, I’m not sure why I’m keeping an eye on this thread. You’re all f***in weird but I hope I may get a new biscuit recommendation at some point.
Might be able to help there. Recently picked up some Herremato Mix Vegetable & Natto Flavour 200g biscuits from the MEIZ Oriental Supermarket. Very moreish indeed. :cool:

As Techy has eschewed coffee I have thought long and hard about allowing him further into the Cult of the Leaf. :thought:

He is now happily using the teapot and cosy. It might be time for the Yorkshire Bedtime Brew - decaf, with vanilla and nutmeg. :cool:

Back