• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Un-Uncon thread

Spookyangel

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Just thought it would be nice for us ppl who aren't going to have a thread to talk in so we don't feel left out.
So what are you doing instead of going? I'm going to my friend's wedding. :)

BTW How about everyone meeting in IRC on Sunday night, so it would be like a meet? Maybe some ppl at Uncon would be able to go to a net cafe and join us?

Then I wouldn't feel I was missing out on the social event of the year... :eek:

I'm going Saturday but not on Sunday so can I join IRC on sunday and have the best of both worlds??

I'll be studying hard for upcoming exams! Mind you, on the Saturday I'll be having that essential weekly break :_pished: and the Racing Post!
If I could go to London, I'd probably wait till the following week & go see the White Stripes at the Brixton Academy!

I shall be visiting mummy and daddy and being fed too much food and red wine... it's a hard life, but someone's gotta do it !

Blueswidow said:
I'm going Saturday but not on Sunday so can I join IRC on sunday and have the best of both worlds??

Sure you can. Then I can get all the gossip. ;)

Ok, so so far that's umm... *counts on fingers* two of us! Woah! Getting excited now! ;)

Does it count if you don't even live in the UK?

I'm going to Sedona AZ with a friend and take a mini-vacation.

Spooky angel said:
So what are you doing instead of going? I'm going to my friend's wedding. :)...................
Then I wouldn't feel I was missing out on the social event of the year... :eek:
Yes...like you'd be going to UnCon if it wasn't for the wedding. :p I may send you photos.

If I had a cat it would be being kicked all weekend.(not really)

As it is I shall have to settle for whinging, whineing, and generally gripeing.:(

i'll be working, sulking and being productive. good girl, me

I shall be going to a pub getting drunk then ....

sitting here wondering why nobody's online

why don't you rub it in a little bit harder Faggus and beak and blues.:( I was all set to go, then plans fell through big time.

well, that's at least three of us who will be online. let's get kebabs and have some fun ^_^

Four :(. We'll have a full on rave at the Troll, complete with kebabs, how's that?

stu neville said:
Four :(. We'll have a full on rave at the Troll, complete with kebabs, how's that?
I'm having that. :D

Spooky angel said:
Sure you can. Then I can get all the gossip. ;)

Gorden bennet, Ye should get all those pritty lady roomies in the 'ostel te sign a gaggin' order flash, she's cheackin' up on ye.

stu neville said:

I thought you were going to Uncon Stu :confused:

I'll be here, working. And living in a different hemisphere.

I'll definitely be up for IRC, but only if someone will tell me which server, and when it is on!!!

I've tried Undernet.org.uk, but I've never seen anyone on line. Either I'm incredibly unlucky, or the particular mirror hasn't had the right groups on it.

I'll be hanging around here, anyway. We'll probably have an even better time than those at the con. (Yeah, right.)

Then we can all meet up later in the year (when I get over there), and all the people at UnCon can sit online and whine about us.

Well, OK that last bit probably won't happen.

I'm going to my sister's wedding party on the Saturday night but Ill be here as soon as I get home! I can get on irc on Sunday too.
Its on quakenet , #fortean ,anome.

Yeah, that's the one I was trying. I think. It was a while ago.

Still, I've never managed to see anyone. I'll give it a go around UnCon.

Re: Re: The Un-Uncon thread

beakboo said:
Yes...like you'd be going to UnCon if it wasn't for the wedding. :p I may send you photos.

Actually I've been on two meets, so :p . lol

Ruddy the dwarf said:
Gorden bennet, Ye should get all those pritty lady roomies in the 'ostel te sign a gaggin' order flash, she's cheackin' up on ye.

No, I really don't want to know what goes on in that room! :blush:

Beak, I'm counting on pics, you know that. ;)

Anome, don't take it personally. Every time I go into IRC lately, it's just me and Colin! lol
I'll pop in there Sunday afternoon if you're in there then and want someone to talk to. I can usually catch my other friend in Australia most afternoons at the weekend and he must be in the same time zone as you.

Ok, IRC on Sunday then I'll be there in the evening to talk to anyone who comes in. Oh, and bring the popcorn. :D

Gimauche said:
I shall be visiting mummy and daddy and being fed too much food and red wine... it's a hard life, but someone's gotta do it !

I though you were bring mummy and daddy down to Uncon for our wedding!!

Is there something you want to tell me:eek!!!!:

Spooky: What time are you going to be in IRC on Sunday (GMT or DST will do)?

Your Australian friend doesn't have to be in the same time-zone. Now we're off DST here, we have three time zones. Last week, we had five.

And phoning in to a meet doesn't count, either. You need to actually turn up in person.

Beak: You should try and post the pictures on the web somewhere, so we can all point and laugh, I mean, share in the excitement of meeting the others. You could attach them somewhere here, although that would probably be inconvenient. Or maybe we can find some space someone's not using on their free web space. (I might be able to set it up on mine. I'd have to actually read the stuff on using the space for that first, though.)

I didn't just phone into a meet. Ppl met me, live, in person! :eek:
And they lived to tell the tale. ;) Hehe

I usually come online around 2 or 3ish on a Sunday afternoon BST.

Regards the pics, I don't think anyone would want their pic posted here, or linked to here. I know I wouldn't. If we have pics, then maybe someone could host them temporarily, and then send links to the trusted ppl. :)

We could always take webcam pics of our Sunday night Un uncon!

Ok, maybe not...

I have space I could host piccies on, but that all depends whether you consider me a *trusted* person ;)

I promise they won't find themselves into photoshop, honest!

Back