• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Walking Dead

Season 4b starts (in the US anyway) on 9th February.

To bring up a couple of quite hotly debated plot elements that have been left hanging... (plot speculation follows)

...does anyone have any theories about who is feeding the rats to the walkers?

My first thought there had been Lizzie... and then I wondered if it was someone from the outside who had got in and was trying to compromise their security? And Lizzie seems a bit too obvious.

I do strongly suspect that Lizzie did in the infected couple and that Carol is covering up for her.

What do other people think?

:shock: :shock: Was that a Game of Thrones tribute moment? :lol:

And what was with all those melted looking walkers that were just laying there?

Also, this:

OneWingedBird said:
:shock: :shock: Was that a Game of Thrones tribute moment? :lol:

And what was with all those melted looking walkers that were just laying there?

Also, this:

Sounds interesting; I'm going to watch the midnight showing.

Survey my posts on this thread and you'd think I found the show fairly worthless. But hallelujah! The scales have fallen from my eyes because I really enjoyed season 4 and am now halfway through season 5 and liking that too. I think it's because they've introduced a lot more variety, not concentrating on boring Rick every episode and realising other characters have stories too. Frank Darabont should leave more shows, what an improvement.

vincent-price-masque_zpsb9bf125f.jpg

I'm sure you can all figure this one out.

Hah, made it to the end of season 5! Still liking it, though the ensemble is so large now a fair few characters are getting not much to do, at least Michonne (coolest character) came into her own by the last few episodes - what had she done with her samurai sword before the post credits teaser?

Next season will see these Wolves making their mark, I suspect, hope they have more to do than the Terminus folks, they were a dead loss (ah!).

Patrick Freyne: Don't fear the zombie apocalypse, it's going to be great craic
The Walking Dead, Z Nation, The Returned - there’s a lot of fun to be had with the living dead on television right now

The age of the vampires is over, thank God. Detached, day-sleeping, Eurotrash elites who fret over the correct jewel-encrusted goblet from which to sip blood. I much prefer zombies: no-nonsense, blue-collar monsters who you could picture yourself sharing a beer or the carcass of a decomposing deer with.

Not for them an ermine-trimmed robe and a fetching silver cane. They’re content to dribble blood on a rotting rag while engaged in Zombie bants: “Hey Geoff, you’ve got a little gunk there hanging from your eye. Wait! That is your eye! Hilarious.”

Cultural theorists see the zombie horde as an analogue for “the mob”, hence our fear of being subsumed by them. I prefer to think of them as “the lads” wandering unhurriedly back from Croke Park of a Sunday, comfortably silent bar the odd groan, chewing on the gristle of a dead parking attendant.

Yes, zombies represent the real Ireland – the Ireland that eats dinner in the middle of the day and likes a laugh, not the deluded Eurocentric, frappuccino-enhanced fantasy Ireland of the Dublin 4 media.

Thankfully there’s a lot of fun to be had with the living dead on television right now (and that’s when you don’t even include the Vincent Browne panels). The sixth series ofThe Walking Dead (Monday, Fox) has protagonist Rick (Andrew Lincoln) herding thousands of zombies away from their newly adopted home, the walled town of Alexandria. It’s Rick’s big capital project – the Zombie Relocation Plan 2020.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...alypse-it-s-going-to-be-great-craic-1.2400383

Nick might have a bit of meat on him, but not enough to satisfy that amount of walkers, I fear.

If Glen is alive next week I will leapt to my feet and shout This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! THEY'RE NOT GLEN'S COCK-A-DOODIE INTESTINES!

Good thing I noticed Amazon are carrying the latest episodes of this, so I'm up to speed now. Not sure why people think Glenn is still alive when getting your guts torn out looks pretty definitively fatal to me. Plus Steven Yeun is no longer listed in the opening credits, which is what happens to the cast who are disposed of.

Is this Wade chap the new big baddie? How different is he from The Governor? Anyway, still good stuff, though not enough Michonne so far this season for my liking.

Good thing I noticed Amazon are carrying the latest episodes of this, so I'm up to speed now. Not sure why people think Glenn is still alive when getting your guts torn out looks pretty definitively fatal to me. Plus Steven Yeun is no longer listed in the opening credits, which is what happens to the cast who are disposed of.

Is this Wade chap the new big baddie? How different is he from The Governor? Anyway, still good stuff, though not enough Michonne so far this season for my liking.

He hasn't gone away you know!

His guts are intact! See S6 E7.

Yes, I've just watched it, they went full Annie Wilkes. Looking around the net a bit, a lot of people aren't happy, but I'd rather he was still alive. What if it happens again, though? Unless we see his head graphically removed from his shoulders nobody's going to believe it, and even then they'll say it's a dream sequence.

Anyway, looks like their precious wall's been breached - is there another episode next week or are they on their break?

One episode to go til the break. Was a bit of a cop out with Glen. I like him though so I'm happy to let it slide.

Could never warm to Steven Yeun's Glenn, found him far more annoying in the series than then character was in the graphic novel.

Lauren Cohen as Maggie however I like a lot. She does grittiness and vulnerability really well.

kapook_world-819764.jpg

Watched her in Death Race 2 with Luke Goss who is the number one straight to video action hero now Jason Stratham has gone more mainstream.

She was by far the best thing in it even with her cleavage war with Tanit Phoenix.

The trouble with such a large cast is finding interesting stuff for them all to do. Glenn is a very decent everyman, necessary for contrast, but Maggie hasn't had much to get her teeth into since the prison episodes. The strongest female characters over the whole series so far have been Michonne and Carol, but even they've been sidelined recently. Enid might shape up to be interesting if she sticks around. JSS? Just Stop Sulking?

Apparently the mid-season finale was judged a disappointment by the internet at large, but it whetted my appetite for more in the New Year. Wish they'd come up with a definitive answer to the who's right, Carol or Morgan kill 'em or spare 'em debate. Nice to see Lennie James made it to the main cast this year, anyway.

Oh, and the post-credits teaser. Belongs to whom? Didn't catch what he said.

I was gripped during the first season apart from the horse eating part, I was sort of interested in the prison episodes but as a George Romero, Greg Nicotero and Tom Savini Day of the Dead fan I could tell it was ripping off that compound concept. For, me so far, the later episodes, although they've had some juicy zombie kills play more like Star Trek : The Next Generation ... too many touchy feely talking scenes. I'm not sure how they're going to end this now, is it all going to be someone's dream ?.

I was gripped during the first season apart from the horse eating part, I was sort of interested in the prison episodes but as a George Romero, Greg Nicotero and Tom Savini Day of the Dead fan I could tell it was ripping off that compound concept. For, me so far, the later episodes, although they've had some juicy zombie kills play more like Star Trek : The Next Generation ... too many touchy feely talking scenes. I'm not sure how they're going to end this now, is it all going to be someone's dream ?.

Yeah but they didn't have much choice in holing up in a prison did they? I mean the world is overrun by hordes of walking dead, you're going to find somewhere built like a fortress to survive surely?

Can't really see how they could have gone any different with that.

Yeah but they didn't have much choice in holing up in a prison did they? I mean the world is overrun by hordes of walking dead, you're going to find somewhere built like a fortress to survive surely?

Can't really see how they could have gone any different with that.
Finding a ship to hold up in would have been good unless these zombies can swim. Our heroes could have used a row boat from that to get supplies.

Back