• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
No one upmanship,just experience,I don’t take falsehoods and I knew there were no Rhino wild in Malaysia :dunno:
Please don't let this interesting subject matter degenerate into a tit for tat. There is no need to be competitive. Please try to find a way to disagree without being one better. Please, please, stop the 'I am right, you wrong and I'm going to prove it'. Please. I beg you.

The nature of this forum is to discuss, and debate and come up with possible scenarios, alternative ideas, ranging from the obvious to the bizarre and so on and so forth, which makes this forum special. All view points get consideration. It is not not a place to argue. It is a place to put put forwards ideas about that which cannot be explained in the conventional sense of the word and the Yeti is one of those.

You post so much interesting stuff from your travels. Please carry on doing so.

Last edited:
Please don't let this interesting subject matter degenerate into a tit for tat. There is no need to be competitive. Please try to find a way to disagree without being one better. Please, please, stop the 'I am right, you wrong and I'm going to prove it'. Please. I beg you.

The nature of this forum is to discuss, and debate and come up with possible scenarios, alternative ideas, ranging from the obvious to the bizarre and so on and so forth, which makes this forum special. It is not not a place to argue. It is a place to put put forwards ideas about that which cannot be explained and the Yeti is one of those.
Thanks for being kind hearted. I'm not try to one up anybody, just pointing out that bear anatomy dose not fit with yet descriptions.

The nature of this forum is to discuss, and debate and come up with possible scenarios, alternative ideas, ranging from the obvious to the bizarre and so on and so forth, which makes this forum special. It is not not a place to argue. It is a place to put put forwards ideas about that which cannot be explained and the Yeti is one of those.
Your right sir,I think I just got a bit miffed at the dismissive “So what” :rolleyes:

Your right sir,I think I just got a bit miffed at the dismissive “So what” :rolleyes:
That's understandable. Tolerance is the key to living peacefully. Understanding to why that what was said is the key to knowledge.

I mean no disrespect to Lord Mongrove (to you Druk). He has made many valid view points and I enjoyed reading them and In fact, and I hate to say this, I enjoyed the whole argument. I just wish peace on you both. You both have a wealth of knowledge that I wish I had.

Last edited:
I think the whole definition of extinct is dubious. There are so many "Lazarus" species that have turned up after phenomenal periods of time.
The definition may need to be different for ocean species, airborne species, size, habit, etc. and the area they are supposed to inhabit or have inhabited. But look how many new animals have turned up in Vietnam and Australia.

What about cryptobotany? Plants, unlike Tony Hacock's Mum's gravy, don't tend to "move about a bit"; but we have the Wollemi Pine and the Metasequoia (trees) found in the last 100 years.

Tyrannosaurs? Pretty certain they've gone. Mammoths? H'mm Siberia is pretty big. Ivory Billed Woodpeckers? Still possible. Thylacine? "World's commonest extinct animal."

Extinct is in danger of becoming self fulfilling if we are not careful. "I've just seen some Mngwa in that forest, can we start a study/conservation scheme?" "Don't be daft mate, they're extinct."

I think the whole definition of extinct is dubious. There are so many "Lazarus" species that have turned up after phenomenal periods of time.
The definition may need to be different for ocean species, airborne species, size, habit, etc. and the area they are supposed to inhabit or have inhabited. But look how many new animals have turned up in Vietnam and Australia.

What about cryptobotany? Plants, unlike Tony Hacock's Mum's gravy, don't tend to "move about a bit"; but we have the Wollemi Pine and the Metasequoia (trees) found in the last 100 years.

Tyrannosaurs? Pretty certain they've gone. Mammoths? H'mm Siberia is pretty big. Ivory Billed Woodpeckers? Still possible. Thylacine? "World's commonest extinct animal."

Extinct is in danger of becoming self fulfilling if we are not careful. "I've just seen some Mngwa in that forest, can we start a study/conservation scheme?" "Don't be daft mate, they're extinct."

People say that the Thylacine is the world's commonest extinct mammal but it has no real world meaning, it hasn't changed the fact that concerted searches since 1937 have produced nothing except for a set of prints from 1938.

323951142_3497751233787611_8013820416580466384_n.jpg
I have seen and photoed tracks in mud in the Garo Hills of India.

12 inches long and sunk twice as deep into the mud as my tracks. I was 18 stone at the time. The tracks followed a little jungle stream. Whatever left them was flipping boulders and eating freshwater crabs underneath them. We couldn't cast it as it was too wet.

Ecological twins, both big ominvores.
I don’t believe in Bigfoot as I have said,but I do believe in bears as I have seen wild ones on two different continents,I do however find the tales of Bigfoot interesting.When I spoke with Les Stroud a few months back he describes himself as a sceptic till he actually sees one with his own eyes,he has heard tree knocks heard sounds and had rocks thrown,that he describes as a phenomena,but till there’s genuine irrefutable proof (which there isn’t or they wouldn’t be cryptids)he is a healthy sceptic.

I don’t believe in Bigfoot as I have said,but I do believe in bears as I have seen wild ones on two different continents,I do however find the tales of Bigfoot interesting.When I spoke with Les Stroud a few months back he describes himself as a sceptic till he actually sees one with his own eyes,he has heard tree knocks heard sounds and had rocks thrown,that he describes as a phenomena,but till there’s genuine irrefutable proof (which there isn’t or they wouldn’t be cryptids)he is a healthy sceptic.
I hope to find that proof someday. I wouldn't be wasting my tie, money and risking my neck (Russia i'm looking at you), if i didn't think there was something at the bottom of it.

What does he believe is throwing the rocks? That and the knocks sounds very similar to poltergeist behaviour.

Tibetan brown bear caught on camera in India:

"Extrapolating on that notion, they explained that "over the last many decades" there have been reports of "a large unidentified animal stealing sugar and oil" from the camps of herders operating in high-altitude regions of the Himalayas. While previous attempts to locate the mysterious creature proved unsuccessful, the photos captured by the trail cam seemingly confirm scientists' suspicions that the 'cryptid' behind the incidents was likely the Tibetan brown bear as it is known to occupy the same region though it is rarely seen by witnesses. Marveling that the pictures are an "extraordinary discovery," the department expressed hope that the photos will inspire greater conservation efforts to protect the species and its habitat."

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/arti...ear-spotted-in-india-for-the-first-time-ever/

Tibetan brown bear caught on camera in India:

"Extrapolating on that notion, they explained that "over the last many decades" there have been reports of "a large unidentified animal stealing sugar and oil" from the camps of herders operating in high-altitude regions of the Himalayas. While previous attempts to locate the mysterious creature proved unsuccessful, the photos captured by the trail cam seemingly confirm scientists' suspicions that the 'cryptid' behind the incidents was likely the Tibetan brown bear as it is known to occupy the same region though it is rarely seen by witnesses. Marveling that the pictures are an "extraordinary discovery," the department expressed hope that the photos will inspire greater conservation efforts to protect the species and its habitat."

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/arti...ear-spotted-in-india-for-the-first-time-ever/
Looks like it's near a building maybe farm or village? Even in the himalayas an animal can be caught on trail cam, where's the yeti?

Back