• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Slips

....but i slipped and fell. When i got up the sky had gone dark and i couldnt see where i was going. I blinked and it was noon again. very spooky.
It is possible to experience transient blindness as a result of high acceleration/impacts, eg during falls/jumps and car-crashes.

Bungee jumpers/BASE jumpers can also experience this, and it can be due to a combination of localised occular g-shock (intra-cranial occlusion/compression of optic ennervation and circulatory paths via the proximal orbit cavities ie eye sockets in the skull).

Similarly, there can be occipital/cortical 'neuropinching' within the brain itself as a consequnce of a sudden circulatory disturbance (bodily fall/compression/impact/deceleration) which, although short of a full loss of consciousness, as in a proper concussion, can cause visual loss of accuity/tunnel vision/'grayout-vs-blackout' effects.

Because of the neurological disturbance caused, this can give rise to time dilation perception effects ie the opposite of time compression frequently perceived by individuals who lose consciousness during a fall.

It is tempting to conflate some of the reported perceptual phenomena experienced by some accident cranial impact victims, with those experiencing full NDEs, such as massive changes seen in light levels, tunnels of light, fractions of time stretching into eternity, and lucidity/omniscience....

It is possible to experience transient blindness as a result of high acceleration/impacts, eg during falls/jumps and car-crashes.

Bungee jumpers/BASE jumpers can also experience this, and it can be due to a combination of localised occular g-shock (intra-cranial occlusion/compression of optic ennervation and circulatory paths via the proximal orbit cavities ie eye sockets in the skull).

Similarly, there can be occipital/cortical 'neuropinching' within the brain itself as a consequnce of a sudden circulatory disturbance (bodily fall/compression/impact/deceleration) which, although short of a full loss of consciousness, as in a proper concussion, can cause visual loss of accuity/tunnel vision/'grayout-vs-blackout' effects.

Because of the neurological disturbance caused, this can give rise to time dilation perception effects ie the opposite of time compression frequently perceived by individuals who lose consciousness during a fall.

It is tempting to conflate some of the reported perceptual phenomena experienced by some accident cranial impact victims, with those experiencing full NDEs, such as massive changes seen in light levels, tunnels of light, fractions of time stretching into eternity, and lucidity/omniscience....
No i think i time travelled

disimilar but plausibley relevant

Well I wasn't walking anywhere, I was working in an old house where I used to care for two people. I was upstairs in a room checking through my laundry (too much info? suppose you're right) Anyway I looked up and into a mirror and to my surprise I saw a small child lying on a bed in the room. She was blonde and very pale about four years old. She was breathing heavily.

Immediatley I turned to look to the bed where there was nothing. She'd gone. But I knew she could never have been there as no children occupied this house. anyway to cut a long long long story short after some time I had a discussion with the lady who owned the house for the past 80 or so years and she told me her older sister had died of 'consumption' (TB) on that bed some 80 odd years previous.

When I'd seen her it was as if I was transported back to the day she'd been dying and as I'd realised I was sent back. I dunno what really happened but time was lost that day.

Interestingly, have FT members noticed that little girls feature a lot in paranormal phenomena, for example there was a true-life account on Brit TV only the other week featuring two youths who were camping in woods when they heard screams in the night; they unzipped the tent flap and saw a little "ghost girl" outside the tent and she then ran into and through the tent and disappeared.
Perhaps demons disguise themselves as sweet and harmless little girls to make us drop our guard?
Hence the Bible warning-
"..for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." (2 Cor 11:13/14)

I've just realised that this is the thread that contains a case where a vanishing house was actually photographed, and the photo was said to still exist:

Anonymous Guest
I think I may have experienced something similar seven years ago when my Mum came to visit me....

Here's the story :

It was an autumn day and we decided to go for a drive in the countryside close to my home... We both have a liking for old ruined buildings, achitectural follies & derelict churches - that sort of thing, so imagine our delight when we turned a corner to find an old derelict house !

This was too much to resist, so we pulled the car over and went to have a nose around ..... It was a lovely old place, with what would have been a nice facade, five windows and a door facing the road and a very pretty roof with small terracotta tiles. It was autumn, so I couldn't tell for definate, but it appeared to be covered in some sort of Virginia Creeper that has lost all it's leaves... It was so neglected though - the windows had no glass and some of the tiles were coming off the roof..

Anyway, we liked the place, and luckily I had my camera, so I took a picture of my Mum standing outside the house (I've still got this at home somewhere).. but the strangest thing was that however many times in subsequent months and years I have driven along that road since (I know the area very well) I have never found the house again or any evidence of it having been there at all !!

Pity the witness was anonymous -- this is one of the few cases where a time slip has allegedly been successfully photographed!

I tried to message her a while ago but noticed that she sent the location of the house to an FT member, so I have messaged him -- he hasn't been on for a while though..

Last edited:
Virginia Woolf & Literary Hub on The Turn of the Screw...and time slips(?):

'Virginia Woolf was particularly intrigued, and aptly turned to Henry James’s investigation of perception to explore the undertones of his story and its fine line between inner demons and the physical body. In an essay for The Times Literary Supplement she wrote that James’s characters “…with their extreme fineness of perception, are already half-way out of the body.”

The horror of James’s story is that seeing ghosts doesn’t necessarily mean a visitation of them to our world, but of the perceiver into theirs. We are midway towards death in seeing a ghost, within a momentary halfway house which we can either step back from or descend into.'

--------
I find The Turn of the Screw to be a fascinating and thought-provoking story but I'd never considered the perspective described in the final paragraph, nor its possible wider implications.

Last edited:
Back