• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Timeslip In The Woods?

I think most time slip witnesses seem to have an element of sensitivity, and there are a few who have claimed to have had more than one such experience. And it is hard to get exact dates for many of these cases. I wonder if there isn't some self-censoring mechanism at work, preventing people even from recording it in a journal or diary.

Thanks Ulalume!

I played with that for quite a bit and it turns out that with a few exceptions, most of the places that either I would love to live in or spend time in are red to white, and most places I have a 'meh' reaction to are blue/green. Pretty bizarre, since I'm not really able to articulate why some places have this kind of appeal while others don't - in many cases the scenery is not all that different.
And at the same time, there are a few places that also make me very uneasy, and those are also red - white.

Do areas of "high Earth energy" coincide with gravitational anomalies?

Looking at this map, sites such as Stonehenge, Avebury, Silbury Hill etc fall within areas of significant (-15 to -20%) negative gravity:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ty_anomaly_map_around_Britain_and_Ireland.png
...areas of significant (-15 to -20%) negative gravity:

Er, no. If that meant 15 to 20% of g that would be quite a difference! An overweight person could go to one of these places, and lose a considerable amount of bodyweight (as measured by a spring balance, say)!

But that map measures gravity in mGal (milliGal), not g.

"The gal, sometimes called galileo, (symbol Gal) is a unit of acceleration used extensively in the science of gravimetry.[1][2][3] The gal is defined as 1 centimeter per second squared (1 cm/s2). The milligal (mGal) and microgal (µGal) refer respectively to one thousandth and one millionth of a gal.
The acceleration due to Earth’s gravity (see Standard gravity) at its surface is 976 to 983 Gal, the variation being due mainly to differences in
latitude and elevation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gal_(unit)"

The milliGal is a thousandth of a Gal, which itself is roughly a thousandth of g, and so a mGal is about one millionth of g. So the differences in gravity shown by the map are really tiny, not detectable by human senses.

As for 'high Earth energy', that does not seem to be a well-defined scientific concept, and is more likely to be encountered in New Age websites. ;)

I did realise it didn't mean you would be 20% lighter when walking around Avebury - otherwise it would feel like you were on Mars! And I appreciate your technical information on the matter.

On the scale given on the Wikipedia map of gravitational anomalies, however, those areas of southern England were on the most negative end of the scale.

I agree that "high Earth energy" isn't defined anywhere, other than a notion of it being associated with ancient megalithic sites. I merely wondered if there could be a link, however tenuous, with gravitational anomalies.

'Negative gravity'. Sounds exciting. I want to know more! :D

Yes! I loved that for its whimsy.

Back