• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Toilet Talk

Back to the serious toilet news -

Brazilian football fan killed by flying toilet bowl thrown by rival supporters

A football fan has been killed in clashes outside a stadium in Brazil when he was hit by a toilet bowl.

The incident occurred after Recife club Santa Cruz drew 1-1 with visitors Parana in a second division match according to local media.

Violence erupted outside the ground and fans ripped toilets out and threw them on to fans below.

"In front of Gate 6 there was a big fight that resulted in the death of the fan," police captain Wilson Queiroz was quoted as saying by globoesporte.

"The toilet was thrown from the stands and hit him full on.

"The victim was with someone at the time but everyone fled the scene after the incident."

etc

I've heard of throwing rolls of toilet paper, but that's going a bit too far.

gncxx said:
I've heard of throwing rolls of toilet paper, but that's going a bit too far.

From memory, about 20 feet.

BRITAIN: A quirky London walking tour takes visitors around the capital’s most interesting toilets.

The London Loo Tour is run by American Rachel Erickson who was inspired by her frustration at not being able to go to the loo for free.

Erickson now takes curious loo finders from all over the world and guides them around a variety of toilets and areas relating to sewerage history in the capital.

The tour starts at the toilets by platform 19 at the aptly named Waterloo Station and takes several hours.

It can accommodate up to 20 guests but also offers private tours.

Weaving through the streets, walkers visit such locations as the “Juba-loos” on the South Bank, day urinals for men and pop-up urinals in Charing Cross.

Also on the agenda is a stop at a lamp near to the Savoy hotel which was powered by gas from London’s sewage system almost a century ago.

The walk concludes at the end of the Strand at underground toilets once regularly frequented by Oscar Wilde that have now been converted into a cocktail bar.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/quir ... 75310.html

This is what you call a shithouse trick:

A teacher who set his mobile phone to record in a secondary school's toilets has been banned from the profession for life.

Andrew Eades, 26, admitted installing his phone in a staff toilet at Kingsthorpe College, Northampton, in January 2013.

A disciplinary panel heard Eades was convicted of three voyeurism offences at Northampton Crown Court in December.

The panel said Eades was "responsible for sexually motivated misconduct".

The National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) professional conduct panel ordered Eades to be prohibited from teaching in any school, sixth form college, relevant youth accommodation or children's home in England.
Escalation fears

The panel also said he could not apply for restoration of his eligibility to teach.

It was concerned his "deliberate" and "repeated" actions could have "escalated" had his behaviour not been discovered.

The panel, which sat in Coventry earlier this month, said Eades' conduct "could have caused distress to those who were filmed, including colleagues".

In January 2013 Eades' phone was found set to record at the back of a staff toilet cubicle, which could also be used by pupils at the school.

The newly qualified teacher, who had worked at the school for five months, was arrested by police the next day.

He was suspended, and dismissed by the school in March.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-28583650

It's taking the piss, this is!

University students are being urged to urinate in the shower in a bid to save water.

The Go with the Flow campaign is the brainchild of students Debs Torr and Chris Dobson, from the University of East Anglia (UEA) in Norwich.

They want the university's 15,000 students to take their first wee of the day while having their morning shower.

Mr Dobson, 20, said the idea could "save enough water to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool 26 times".

And it's conjured up the mental image for me of 26 Olympic sized swimming pools filled with pee. :madeyes:

BBC

ramonmercado said:
garrick92 said:
ramonmercado said:
BRITAIN: A quirky London walking tour takes visitors around the capital’s most interesting toilets.[...]

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/quir ... 75310.html

Perhaps I am even more of an amazingly sad person than I already thought, but that sounds absolutely fascinating and I am now consumed with desire to go on one of her tours.

Shit hot tour, not just going through the motions.

I dunno, it may be plumbing the depths a bit perhaps...

University students are being urged to urinate in the shower in a bid to save water.
I thought everybody did that anyway...

Tumbleweed rolls slowly through the thread....

So, just me then? :oops:

OneWingedBird said:
Yes, everyone else here even gets out of the bath to have a pee.

Honest. :lol:
Well, you won't want to know about No. 2s in the shower, then...

(It's a Growing Old thing...)

garrick92 said:
BTW: Anyone else find that they frequently find they need to poo unexpectedly during a phone conversation, sometimes to the extent of having to cut a conversation short? I do, and my sister gets it too. It happens far too often to be coincidence.

Haha! Happens to my Mum a lot.

davidplankton said:
garrick92 said:
and the urine disappears harmlessly down the plughole.
And into the shower trap. Effectively like pissing in the sink, a smell will build up over time.
Not so. The shower trap doesn't trap liquids, otherwise it would permanently block the shower drain!

When my current shower was installed, the water drained horribly slowly from the tray. I had to get the installers back several times before they fixed it. They tried chemicals to unblock drains, great big plungers, and other stuff I forget, all to no avail.

Eventually they decided to uninstall the plumbing to check it out. And then they found there were two shower traps, installed in series! (Maybe one was part of the shower unit, but a plumber did not notice and went ahead to add another one!)

Anyhow, superfluous unit removed, and all was well! :D

The drain after that connects directly to the main sewer down pipe, so any pee, or anything else small enough to be carried in the flow of shower water, ends up where it's supposed to be. 8)

So no plumbing smells in my shower room!

rynner2 said:
OneWingedBird said:
Yes, everyone else here even gets out of the bath to have a pee.

Honest. :lol:
Well, you won't want to know about No. 2s in the shower, then...

(It's a Growing Old thing...)

What do we want...

Euthanasia

when do we want it...

Before we shit in the shower!

When my brother and I were little and still sharing baths he had a poo while I was in there, pointed at it and said "ooo look, sharks!". Mum says she never saw me move so fast, leaping out of there like something out of a Scooby Doo cartoon!

tillybean1 said:
When my brother and I were little and still sharing baths he had a poo while I was in there, pointed at it and said "ooo look, sharks!". Mum says she never saw me move so fast, leaping out of there like something out of a Scooby Doo cartoon!

I bet your next bath together (if there ever was one), was a fraught affair. I recall an incident at a primary school swimming lesson where we had to evacuate the pool as a stray turd was spotted near the shallow end. Once it was netted out we all jumped merrily back in.
Another occasion saw a half of a fish finger floating about, presumably regurgitated, but as our swimming lessons were on a Friday morning, I have to wonder - what child was being served fish fingers for breakfast?

Good gracious, I'll count myself lucky the only foreign bodies I encountered in swimming pools were sticking plasters.

My other half told me that a bloke at the local gym had to be asked to leave the pool one morning because he was having a shave in there.

My other half worked for a while in a gym in South London. After she told me about some of the things left floating in the Jacuzzi I would certainly be reluctant to use one again. There were also people who thought nothing of discarding used tampons in the showers and as it was a few feet from the shower to the toilets, simply having a no. 2 in there.

I was once told by someone who went to a swingers club called Kage in Manchester that the Jacuzzi there had an inch of come floating on the top.

Hopefully it was an exaggeration. :shock:

THEFT FLUSHED OUT

ENGLAND: An oil painting by an internationally renowned Welsh artist has been stolen from a major cultural venue by a thief who stuffed the frame in a toilet cubicle.

Landscape At Llanaelhaearn by Kyffin Williams, whose works have sold for tens of thousands of pounds, vanished from the secure Royal Retiring Room at the Southbank Centre in central London at the end of last month.

The theft from level five of the Royal Festival Hall was discovered when a member of staff found the broken picture frame in a toilet cubicle.

Det Constable Ray Swan, from Scotland Yard’s art and antiques unit, said: “Whoever stole this painting is likely to try to sell it. I urge anyone who is offered the painting to report the matter to us immediately, or contact us if you know anything about the theft or the painting’s whereabouts.”

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/quir ... 91893.html

UK's first 'poo bus' goes into service between Bristol and Bath

The UK's first bus powered entirely by human and food waste has gone into service between Bristol and Bath.
The 40-seat "Bio-Bus" runs on biomethane gas generated through the treatment of sewage and food waste.

The eco-friendly vehicle can travel up to 300km (186 miles) on one tank of gas, which takes the annual waste of about five people to produce.
It is run by tour operator Bath Bus Company and will shuttle people between Bristol Airport and Bath city centre.

The biomethane gas is generated at Bristol sewage treatment works in Avonmouth, which is run by GENeco, a subsidiary of Wessex Water.
GENeco general manager Mohammed Saddiq said: "Gas-powered vehicles have an important role to play in improving air quality in UK cities but the Bio-Bus goes further than that and is actually powered by people living in the local area, including quite possibly those on the bus itself."

Engineering Director Collin Field said: "With so much attention being directed towards improving air quality generally, the public reaction to the appearance of this bus on a service between a world heritage city and an airport will further focus on the potential for this particular fuel."
He said the bus was being launched at a very "appropriate" time, as Bristol is to become the European Green Capital next year.

Bristol sewage treatment works processes around 75 million cubic metres of sewage waste and 35,000 tonnes of food waste each year.
A total of 17 million cubic metres of biomethane, enough to power 8,300 homes, is generated annually at the plant through a process known as anaerobic digestion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-30115137

The headline, and the graphics on the side of the bus, suggest that the passengers sit on toilet bowls! Not particularly appealing, I'd have thought!
But disappointing for those desperate to catch a flight who didn't have time to 'go' at home...

Back