• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO Portal Opens on Glastonbury ToR?

Why is it a UFO portal? Surely it was a gateway to the fairy kingdom five hundred years before it was UFO portal?

mooks out

Re: Glaston Tor

azuredoor said:
Basically this is the explanation, it's something white, something mundane and white. Why out of all the white objects in the world would you say it is a UFO portal? Why not a white cows arse? You are far far more likely to see a white cows arse on the Tor than a portal to another dimension. What other pictures of UFO portals do you have? Are they all white and vaguely figure shaped?

One word. Desperation. The evidence points at the photo being a fake. And the OP seems to be desperate to impress with his constant superlatives on how great the photo is, and how the experts haven't been able to disprove it.

glastonbury%20tor%20at%20sunset,%20somerset%20800x600%202.jpg

Another portal??

I knew cows were portals for methane! :D
But this might well explain the OP photo.

BTW, azuredoor, your pic is a screen-buster - can you crop it or otherwise 'smallify' it?

Looks like there may be two portals, one of them seems to be very small, perhaps it's some kind of people (portal, freudian slip) just beginning to form?

3880964786_335d37d530.jpg

*Sorted Rynner*

azuredoor said:
...one of them seems to be very small..
"Dougall, that cow is far away..."!!! :D

(And now we have another mystery - The Leaning Tower of Glasto! 8) )

Tor Portal

Hy AxzureDoor!
Nice work, and some might settle for your point. Thing is, the chap saw the dazzling white object glide a short distance..it was thin at first and then seemed to turn and fatten up. Just prior to the episode all the singing birds stopped sudden and silent. The enlargement also shows an outline that clearly isnt human or sheep like. Brill to see you trying to solve it tho'!!

Re: Tor Portal

spearjig1 said:
The enlargement also shows an outline that clearly isnt human or sheep like.

Your photographer friend seems to disagree with you:

"You can clearly see that it has the shape of a head & shoulders of human form, perhaps wearing a cloak..."

spearjig1 said:
Hy AxzureDoor!
Nice work, and some might settle for your point. Thing is, the chap saw the dazzling white object glide a short distance..it was thin at first and then seemed to turn and fatten up. Just prior to the episode all the singing birds stopped sudden and silent. The enlargement also shows an outline that clearly isnt human or sheep like. Brill to see you trying to solve it tho'!!

Nobody is trying to solve anything, they are all trying to say its a fake take it away and get your story str8 next time. :roll:

spearjig1 said:
Hy AxzureDoor!

Maybe his eyes were attuned to seeing the light part of the cow but not the dark part?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlZ1m_IdN6o

tor

..the story is straight, this time. I think you'll find that since Mike's 'human shape' comment he's now more inclined to agree with the outline being more akin a 'headstone' sort of image...perhaps the original archetype of the headstone? Aren't they associated with death and the possibility of transcending from here to 'there', wherever there may be ie passing thru death's door ie a gateway ie 'portal" ?
His story has been straightforward from the start, but that doesn't mean to say he's not now warming to a 'portal' theory, which, it must be said, was my suggestion. I've met him once, the first week August 11th, I think, and we've swopped a number of emails. It's me that's supporting his story and pic as he seems genuine to me - poor Mike has liably had enough of over many people simply screaming 'fake!' and walking off. Hardly good inquisitive research going on there methinks., and I'll repeat what I said earlier - Charles Fort would have approved of this story from the onset - what the outset may be remains to be seen.

Charles Fort would have realised it was a fake, both from examining the image itself, and from the mixed stories coming from the OP of this thread. And the inability to answer questions like why is the white shape a horizontal flip of the darkened doorway on the building, on a smaller scale? And why does the bottom line of the shape line up parallel to the bottom line of the darkened doorway? And with this in mind, how come the white shape lines up better with the ground where the darkened doorway is, thus explaining why it's sitting out oddly on the ground where it's placed, as if it doesn't belong there.

And why is there pixellation around the white shape, which seems out of place, compared to any pixellation in the rest of the image? Isn't this usually a sign of tampering? Bad tampering at that.

Is there any chance of the original image being posted in all of its glory? Full resolution and unedited?

Will all of these requests and questions be ignored again, so the OP can pontificate about how great the picture is and continually assert that the shape is a portal, with absolutely no evidence or reason behind the thinking, other than wishful thinking?

Re: tor

spearjig1 said:
I've met him once, the first week August 11th

Tripping yourself up again doesn't help your stance.

spearjig1 said:
Mike has liably had enough of over many people simply screaming 'fake!' and walking off. Hardly good inquisitive research going on there methinks

The problem is no one here is screaming fake and walking off. In fact inquisitive research is all that's going on, three pages long and still going strong. If Mike has had enough of people screaming fake then perhaps he would post the original photo so that the inquisitive research can continue. Surely he would like an answer too?

mooks out

Re: tor

Dr_Baltar said:
spearjig1 said:
I've met him once...

And yet you trust implicitly that it hasn't been faked? Unbelievable.

I guess that's the "inquisitive research" he talks about. Charles Fort would indeed be impressed, but for no paranormal reason.

This thread has some way to go before it equals the length and hilarity of

Lincoln Piffle

The strategy is identical: amazing claim, supressed relationship with source, spongy response to criticism, tone that reeks of performance not debate. Back in 2005, it all ran its course in a single day: the day of spearjig1's post. Though the thread continued to stretch itself over several further pages, the promises of more serious evidence were not honoured.

Nor will they be this time. It was much funnier the first time round though! :)

James, we met again! Ouch! Hitting below the belt there. It's my choice to investigate Mike's pic and story and that has no bearing on anything else I may have involved myself in the past. And my point of entry in this episode hasn't wavering from what i said at the start, as afar as I know.
When I'm worn out by all the criticism - which I'll be disappointed if it turns personal - Mike will be left with it on his own again. Just thought I was helping this guy corrobarate his story, which I STILL believe. I've met him.have you?
Oh, a lot of evidence for that earlier Lincoln Templars story that you mock is in the forthcoming Phil Gardiner produced Docu-movie DVD which is being distributed by Warner Bros Feb 2010 - Both Phil and Warner took it serious enough to get involved. Incidentally, quick question lad; have you ever pursued something to the point of researching it and making it public in any form or shape, having to withstand both sensible and poorly researched criticism and petty jealousies? Now can we get back to Glasto and leave out attempts at personal ridicule...it will spoil any life left in the thread.
:roll:

Nice find JamesWhitehead, clears up a lot. And has been backed up yet again, by spearjig1's avoiding of the questions and requests that have been put forward. Looks like this thread is going the same way the other one did, superlatives ahoy, with little else much being put on the table, then putting the blame at the door of the critic, rather than the lack of facts.

Perhaps the reason this thread has gone the way it has, is the "UFO Portal" claim (or suggestion, at least) made from the first post.

If the opening paragraph had said "look at this odd photo taken on Glastonbury Tor - what do you think it might be?", then we'd probably have got a good-natured bit of banter about clouds and cows, and some wag would have then said "knowing the place and its reputation, maybe it's a fairy gate or portal to another dimension?", and the discussion might've meandered for a while along those lines.

Trouble is, we're being asked to seriously consider the UFO hypothesis from the word go, which is hardly applying Occam's Razor to the situation, is it? I'm not among those crying "fake!",not least because it's hard to see what is being faked here - the white object isn't clearly anything. As to what it might be, I tend towards the belief (in the absence of any concret evidence either way) that it's, well, a mystery, but not one that I expect to have an other-worldly explanation.

I happen to believe the image is real because I am an amateur photographer and I take pictures of white blobs all the time. I also believe that the original witness is telling the truth and is the victim of an optical illusion because I have seen similar illusions. Calling the thread, 'UFO portal..' was a bit of a red rag to a bull but maybe that was the intention. UFOs don't need portals, they appear where they want, sometimes they appear repeatedly in the same place but that's not because there is a portal there.

I think we can conclude that spearjig1 has brought most of the negative responses on himself. But shouldn't we give him the opportunity to explain why he jumped to the conclusion that it is a UFO portal? I personally feel I would have jumped to that conclusion LAST considering there is nothing to suggest UFO or alien context.

linesmachine said:
I think we can conclude that spearjig1 has brought most of the negative responses on himself. But shouldn't we give him the opportunity to explain why he jumped to the conclusion that it is a UFO portal? I personally feel I would have jumped to that conclusion LAST considering there is nothing to suggest UFO or alien context.

He's been asked this, and for the original photograph, so people can examine it better, and so far all he'll do is say that the person who took the photograph (who he met only once) is truthworthy. Even though he's said that the photographer didn't actually believe it was anything untoward, and that he himself is trying to convince him that it's a portal.

So from what I can understand, from the OP's postings, the only evidence he's going on, is what he sees in the picture. Which isn't much.

In fact, it seems that if anyone comes up with any argument against the photo, he pulls new facts out of the air, or goes back on what he's already said, to push his agenda.

DieDieMyDarling said:
He's been asked this, and for the original photograph, so people can examine it better, and so far all he'll do is say that the person who took the photograph (who he met only once) is truthworthy. Even though he's said that the photographer didn't actually believe it was anything untoward, and that he himself is trying to convince him that it's a portal.

So from what I can understand, from the OP's postings, the only evidence he's going on, is what he sees in the picture. Which isn't much.

In fact, it seems that if anyone comes up with any argument against the photo, he pulls new facts out of the air, or goes back on what he's already said, to push his agenda.

We're all just jealous apparently. Of what, I'm not exactly sure.

Jealous of the UFO portal ofcourse...jeez, where have you guys been?! :roll:

Guys..maye its just my age, but I'm at a loss ! Firstly let me clear up the errror somebody earlier made - Mike has never found his experience or pic not to be anything untoward - he called it in his vid a 'spectre' and told me personally he thought it was the spirit of the Tor that was celebrated long, long ago by worshippers who went up there. Ok, yes, I made both the suggestion and leap of faith to it being a Portal, and, upon hindsight, yes, I should have drawn attention to the pic only in the sense of suggesting what it could be - from a genuine experience. I still do rush in I'm afraid and therefore can understand the backlash. It's never too late to learn ..I 'll keep trying. (I think its my exhuberance and excitement...is that so bad?)
If we can bypass uneccessary attempted character assassination from some regarding examples of my other researches that have no bearing on this pic, can we start again?
If you've still the energy and some spark of interest left, be patient and ask me what you need to know and I'll try my best to answer. I don't understand you thinking I've ever changed my story or involvement in this episode. I think this pic is worthy of study and evaluation and very possibly 'otherwordly'. I support the fellow who took it, who thought it to be a spirit or a spectre, and suggested to him could it be a portal given the Tor's reputation for allegedly being the entrance to the Underworld and tales of people visiting the land of faerie from there. I have met him once and swopped numerous emails. As it happens he is actually warming to the portal theory. I have had experiences of my own on the Tor once in 1984 and consecutively from 2006, and therefore am naturally interested in experiences of any other else.
:roll:

spearjig1 said:
I think this pic is worthy of study and evaluation

Completely agree with you, can you have your friend scan it, email it to you and then post it here for just that purpose?

mooks out

The loser mikesey1 on youtube has deleted a comment saying it probably is a pagan worshipper dressed as a druid.
That is loser behavior, deleting comments which question the accuracy of extraordinary claims.

Hmmm. I certainly wasn't aware of that! Looks too big to be any person to me.[/img]

tor portal

Mooosta - have sent you a private message...don't seem able to post the pic here, too large..will try to send you it privately.
Don't know why Mike once said he thought it was a fellow in dress..maybe this was a time before he summoned up pluck to announce the courage of his conviction. When you know or suspect the flack that will come your way you might just contemplate an easy way out! Perhaps he was even being sarcastic! The poster called him a loser...sounds a bit personal to me. Still, this is just my opinion on the matter..

tor portal

..apologies for my thickness..blame a combination of liable age and being tired after a hard week's work!
I'd read the post wrong about Mike deleting a comment about a fellow in a Druid dress. I now see that it wasn't Mike's own comment! Thank God for that - between you me and the gatepost I was properly shocked!

:lol:

Back