• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO Sighting Cornwall 2001

nikolassouthwell

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I saw a bright light in the clear night sky, back in 2001. At first me and my mate thought it was a satalite, but then realised that it was moving too fast. It then shot across the sky from one side to the other, changing direction at incredible speed, flying one way, then another, turning at right angles without reducing its speed. We watched it for about ten minutes, then contined on our way. We kept looking up every so often and it was still there, but then we looked up again a few minutes later an...d it had gone. The most amazing thing i have EVER seen.

Description matches a UFO sighting that my dad made. I think it was in the early nineties and was in the midlands. Specifically Warwick.

Funny thing is, I remember him saying that he thought it was a satellite at first too. But then the impossible speeds, direction changes made him think it was a UFO.

I will ask him about it next time I see him. I had forgotten about this completely until I read this post. There was another witness with him at the time and it would have been about around 11pm as he returning from the pub.

Sorry to bump :oops:

My brother saw a very similar UFO in Penzance, Cornwall in about 1993/4. He said that it looked like a star, then it got bigger and bigger, moving forward and back across the night sky. It then just vanished. :shock:

Did you experiance any "odd" feelings whilst watching it?

It sounds like lasers being projected onto the clouds, it's been going on here for the last few days to promote a Christmas fair.

Oh that could be it! :)

Ronson8 said:
It sounds like lasers being projected onto the clouds, it's been going on here for the last few days to promote a Christmas fair.
Depends on whether there were any clouds on the night in question.

Similar sighting

I completely believe you OP and have seen something very similar.

My experience was at a motor home camp marvelling at the clear night sky near Wellington, New Zealand. I saw a moving white dot (thinking it was a satellite or high altitude aircraft) but it picked up speed, headed toward the horizon and before it disappeared over the horizon it made an S-shape.
The weather was warm, completely clear. And unfortunately there were no other witnesses, to my knowledge.

There is a discussion about it somewhere in these forums. A few people put it down to a possible re-entry of a space shuttle as it apparently makes an S-shape when it performs a particular manoeuvre.

Personally I believe that I saw something that was travelling far in excess of a known man-made craft. I describe the object being in my sight for 2 seconds, surely nothing can traverse the entire skyscape in that interval of time?

Also Meteorites can't make an S-shape and then retain its original course.
It could possibly speed up but not change direction so tightly and neatly. Unless there are atmospheric conditions which cause this to happen?

I've decided to add this here simply because it tallies at least in part with what has already been written. Coming home from central Reading towards Caversham and Emmer Green at 6.07 pm this evening, I saw a single bright white liight, in an intermittently cloudy sky (although it appeared to be below the cloud layer) move very, very fast from one side of the sky to the other, moving in a south-east to North west direction. It took about a minute to cross, then seemed to hang in the sky for a while before I lost sight of it. There were none of the flashing lights you would expect of a helicopter or commercial flight. I suppose it couold have been a military job, but it seemed remarkable to me because of the brightness of the light, its apparent lowness, and its speed.

Back